Preparations For Feb. 26th Anti-Government Protest

Jai Dee

The Nation are now providing real time coverage of events today on their site - up-dates every few minutes.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2006/02/26...es_20001597.php

1:44 pm: ASTV reports that people from several provinces were blocked at road checkpoints from travelling to Bangkok to join the rally. They include people from Phetchabun.

Now, where are those Thai visa members that still maintain this isn't a dictatorship?

The right to travel freely is a fundamental right, but apparently not so here in the LOS.

Edited by bulmercke

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulmerke,

Good work...now...which type of police stopped them, how many were stopped, where were they stopped...what kind of vehicle(s) were they in....what reason was given for stopping them....did someone get the names and ranks of the police who did the stopping? Who is their boss?

I'm fully willing to believe that some police officers stopped people illegally to keep them from attending the rally but so far I don't have enough evidence to show who all was involved or if even there was a legitimate reason for stopping the people. I truly hope that I can get some information making it clear exactly what happened but so far I don't have enough information to conclusively form an opinion.

Does this seem like an isolated experience or does it appear that the gov't has enforced a country wide lock down on people traveling?

Chownah

Edited by chownah

Breaking News

2:48 pm: Senator Karun Sai-ngam tells ASTV that he has learnt that the Chat Thai Party has decided to boycott the election.

A crucial development.

Ummm.....a 'one party' election.

What a farce!

chownah - as you mentioned, can't really comment until more information comes in - which I'm sure will.

Edited by bulmercke

Hiya Jai Dee

Hope this observation is not considered off topic

No disrespect to to any of the providers of the splendid threads about Thaksin and the country

We have 3 on going topics which generally are all about the present political situation in Thailand.

Apart from it being hard work for the admin and the moderators keeping track of all the news that they update us with, it must be confusing at times and take up yet more of there time and dedication.

I keep reading duplicated, triplicated posts/comments on all 3 threads and find that any one of the threads is relevant to all the observations.

This also means tripling the personal battles that are lowering the quality of the debates, without naming anyone.

If these members keep the personality clashes out of there posts it helps everyone and it is appreciated

i,m sure.

Today is of course relevant to this thread i,m posting this in i know, so it needs to keep running for now.

Any chance of marrying all 3 threads under one heading if you think it,s o.k. or providing one new thread ?

Just a thought and again i feel sorry for you guys keeping us in touch with it all and the debating at the same time as i find it difficult taking the comments alone in without providing the continual updates.

No criticism intended and i give all 3 threads 5* for the debating quality provided by all members.

Please do not take offence from my suggestion and keep up the good work on our behalfs

marshbags :o:D:D

Edited by marshbags

Thai people in Los Angeles send a letter of encouragement to PM Thaksin

Foreign Affairs Minister Kantathi Suphamongkhon (กันตธีร์ ศุภมงคล) said that overseas Thai residing in Los Angeles had sent a letter of encouragement to the Thai premier, disclosed that Thai people in Los Angeles has sent an encouraging letter to Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra to continue his task.

He referred to the news claiming that the Thai people in Los Angeles in America are gathering 10,000 Thai people’s names to force the resignation of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

He said that he is confused with the matter because currently, more than 1,000 letters from Thai people in Los Angeles have sent letters to PM Thaksin and encourage him to continue with his good work.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 22 Febuary 2006

Maybe Khun Kantathi should take a look at the following comments and pictures, many coming from Thais living abroad :o 43 pages of it

See it here

Here's the link to the live video feed of the Manager website - and Sanam Luang later.

http://broadcast.manager.co.th/11news1

Lots of pictures from Sanam Luang now coming through on ASTV. Most folk seem to be on the edges sheltering from the sun under tenting. Few folks in the central area at the moment.....but a lot already gathered from what I saw.

ASTV have just done a quick interview with a young western guy sat on Sanam Luang. Thaivisa member?

Thanks for providing us the url video feed. Whether live or dead, good or bad. Hope this political showdown would shake and wake LOS. " Listen to your critics. They will keep you focused and innovative "