Tea Money Taken At Kap Choeng Immigration Office

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why does it cost ฿1900.- and not ฿2000.-? Duhh, work it out guys, it's built into the system. No change if it costs ฿2000.

I've never, ever, ever had any money not given back after paying for a 1,900b Extension of Stay.

Though I don't live in crapholes places such as those who are told to pay 5... 8...10 thousand baht.

Why does it cost ฿1900.- and not ฿2000.-? Duhh, work it out guys, it's built into the system. No change if it costs ฿2000.

I've never, ever, ever had any money not given back after paying for a 1,900b Extension of Stay.

Though I don't live in crapholes places such as those who are told to pay 5... 8...10 thousand baht.

Its not about 8, 10 thousand its about a crappy 100 baht note but i agree i would never pay 10 grand

cbrer

cbrer

• photo-thumb-164944.jpg?_r=1355662616
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 563 posts

Posted 27 minutes ago

Just use the quote button and hey presto.

snapback.pngAndre0720, on 2012-12-16 06:15:26, said:

But corruption does not possess a specific vector as I understand it.

Sometimes on our side,,,and sometimes not.

Well done. You're really starting to understand my post now.

Thanks.

And maybe you could just learn from this.

As to how to provide proper descriptives so readers can understand a point of view.

Why does it cost ฿1900.- and not ฿2000.-? Duhh, work it out guys, it's built into the system. No change if it costs ฿2000.-. Next time they up the prices it will be ฿2900.-. Don't worry about it, enjoy life.

I sense yet another completely baffled by the 'exact change' method. Be it 1900, 2100, 3600 or 5100.... what is the <deleted>' problem here?

Sent from the back bedroom with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

cbrer

cbrer

• photo-thumb-164944.jpg?_r=1355662616
  • Advanced Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 566 posts

Posted 7 minutes ago

I try to aim for the level of reader that can at least use a quote button without trouble.

Sorry that I shot a bit high this time, and you were not able to follow.

Jealousy will get you nowhere...

Next time I will try to write in a fashion that you may understand.

Why does it cost ฿1900.- and not ฿2000.-? Duhh, work it out guys, it's built into the system. No change if it costs ฿2000.-. Next time they up the prices it will be ฿2900.-. Don't worry about it, enjoy life.

I sense yet another completely baffled by the 'exact change' method. Be it 1900, 2100, 3600 or 5100.... what is the <deleted>' problem here?

Sent from the back bedroom with an Asus eePad Transformer TF201 thingumabob.

? I don't feel confused, nor do I feel in the slightest aggressive...

You mean at some stations the officers make you come back the next day...to sign your papers, because of a look of disatisfaction, a hint of sacarism, a taste of tea, as some poster have indicated? Is that the operating procedure of some western embasies or consulates as well?

Is there not a phone number to call, to the THAI MAJOR GENERAL in Charge of Immigration, posted at some immigration offices' walls.

Generally, service varies from immigration station and officer during the rotation period, and the same games are played in different place, or the quality of service improves..

Roll the dice.wai2.gif

I've ever tried to call to the head of police in BKK to complain about a corrupt police officer. I talked to about 20 different police people in BKK and gave them full details about the event and the information of the car the corrupt officer was driving (license plate). I never got any reply and most people very totally not interested in listening to my story. If you're a boss you're on top of the pyramid and you'll most probably getting most corruption money.

Nobody really cares and complaining is useless. The only way you would get some attention is if you would put the video on youtube (and after that you hurry to get as far away as possible and never come back).

We have rules for a reason and mixing quotes into text (misquote) and attacking other posters are both among them - please cease this flame war now. This area of the forum is for exchange of information to help everyone. Thanks.

A month or so ago, I went to Kap Choeng Immigration for my annual Visa extension.

The immigration staff were very friendly and helpful.

The immigration officer dealing with me went off and did some copying for me and did NOT charge for it. Before you were sent down the road to get it done.

About 3 years ago they moved the immigration office which we had to go to from Surin province from Kap Choeng to Korat. Journey 3 hours drive each way for me now it is only about 25 minutes. Think how much fuel (so CASH) & stress is saved.

At Korat, being big, there was always a queue now I have hardly got to wait at all.

Thank goodness it has moved back again.

Yes. I handed over B2,000 but unlike you as he was getting the change out of the box for me, I waved it aside.

If I get good service, I am happy to tip whether it be my hairdresser (B60 but he gets B100) or the Immigration office staff.

Hairdresser over 50% tip, Immigration officer just over 5%!!

I mentioned this topic to some friends who I was drinking with the other day.

They were ALL amazed as ALL found Kap Choeng immigration exactly as I said above and ALL do exactly the same as me.

I agree that some of you elsewhere seem to being ripped off and then I would feel exactly as you do and you have good reason to grumble but I hope the poster of the Topic is not the sort of person who end up upsetting the staff and spoil the good service which we all receive.

Could it be that they charge either B1,900 or B2,000 depending on how the farange has treated them!!!!

I wish I had been a fly on the wall to see what reall happened!!

• Like 1

In nearly 7 years of paying 1,900 for visa extensions for myself and my wife at the Chon Buri office ,which amounts to over 40 x 1,900 payments in total, I have never paid exact money and always got my 100 baht change. Am I lucky, or is it because I live in Pattaya?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Also, standard "service charge" for transfer of visa from old to new passport is 500 baht at KapCheong. This was my experience going there last month. The fee was taken by the chubby lady officer (a captain) who is now assigned in Sakhon Nakorn, undoubtedly doing what she has been doing in Kab Cheong.

The day I went there, I saw these group of teachers and they were told to give 2000 baht for the extension One of them asked for a receipt of 2000 baht as their visa fee will be reimbursed by their school. But the officer said he "couldnt do it." So this farang teacher conceded. The officer then told the liaison officer that he doesnt like this kind of attitude and proceeded to tell her that "we should teach them (farangs) how things are run in this place."

I often gave the 100 Baht as a TIP.

But not easy anymore, last time in Udon Thani Immigration, the highest ranking female officer seemed to arrive from brake time,

at 3:20 PM surprised to see a room full of waiting people.

Later the young male officer asked her, what to do, after my GF had forgotten to sign her house book copy, or her Passport? or ID card copy?

I let her talk on the mobile with my GF, but, NO! I was sent home to come another day!

I have a 85 km trip to the Immigration, -one way!-

Could not have signed that paper some day later, mixed, with a shopping trip? sad.png

If your GF means girl friend, what does she have to do with your application for extension of stay?

I often gave the 100 Baht as a TIP.

But not easy anymore, last time in Udon Thani Immigration, the highest ranking female officer seemed to arrive from brake time,

at 3:20 PM surprised to see a room full of waiting people.

Later the young male officer asked her, what to do, after my GF had forgotten to sign her house book copy, or her Passport? or ID card copy?

I let her talk on the mobile with my GF, but, NO! I was sent home to come another day!

I have a 85 km trip to the Immigration, -one way!-

Could not have signed that paper some day later, mixed, with a shopping trip? sad.png

If your GF means girl friend, what does she have to do with your application for extension of stay?

"my GF had forgotten to sign her house book copy, or her Passport? or ID card copy?"

Was an extension of stay for a two month period on top of a Non Immigrant O visa for having a child with a Thai citizen,

taking care the child and staying with the child in the same household..

The mother of my children, my GF had forgotten to sign one of the documents I had in copy with me.

One of the documents the Udon Thani Immigration office finds necessary to have, in such extension case.

I let my GF talk with the Immigration officer-lady as I thought, -its only a signature on a copy!-

But, NO! Come back! With the copy, signed! rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

in samui, when I went to renew my one year visa, I was received very pleasently by by a senior officer.

Once in his office, he gave me a list of documents that were neccessary for the application.

I gave him all the documents and mentionned that I had also joined the prove that I had paid my personel income taxes and the company taxes.

His face changed and the nice smile disapeared.

he had a look at the documents, asked me in thai if I could speak thai, than after my positve answer asked me if I could read thai.

the answer was no. the smile came back.

He than told me that my documents were not the right one.

As I told him that they had been prepared by my thai accountant, he replied that since I could not read thai I could not know if they were right or not...

He than refused my application and told me to come back with my lawyer.

I told him that I had no lawyer as I am a honest person.

Double smile than, and he handed me 2 names and phone number of lawyers in samui.

Even though I had no will to pass through a lawyer to get my visa reconducted, I called them to enquiry about their fee.

15000 (yes fifteen).

I went the next day to suratthani where I logged a formal complaint about samui, gave them the set of document and 2000, received my extension and 100 back, all that with the smile of the beautifull station officer.

Was told later on by a new friend of mine who is a lawyer that they leave tips of up to 4000/passport to get ultra fast service....

Land of Smiles indeed.

Where does it stop?

As you can see some posters are paying 10k in some parts of the Land of Smiles.

So it won't.

Give an inch, take a mile. TAT's should be slogan. Perhaps the OP can expect for it to have risen from 100b to 1000b when he goes next year, as most people were just handing it over.

No wonder so many Thais consider us to be thick stupid.

Thai's pay much more to the Thai bureaucrats. They would be happy to hand over 100B but most of those government officials ask for more.

Also, standard "service charge" for transfer of visa from old to new passport is 500 baht at KapCheong. This was my experience going there last month. The fee was taken by the chubby lady officer (a captain) who is now assigned in Sakhon Nakorn, undoubtedly doing what she has been doing in Kab Cheong.

The day I went there, I saw these group of teachers and they were told to give 2000 baht for the extension One of them asked for a receipt of 2000 baht as their visa fee will be reimbursed by their school. But the officer said he "couldnt do it." So this farang teacher conceded. The officer then told the liaison officer that he doesnt like this kind of attitude and proceeded to tell her that "we should teach them (farangs) how things are run in this place."

Sakon Nakhon? I know of many foreigners having no problems with their visa extension and as recently as last week.

• 4 months later...

They're still asking for 100 Baht, for the 90 day report, if you arrive and the office is packed full. There is a young lady that sits by the window. Her job is 90 day reports. So you go in and this lady appears to be just doing paperwork. Having taken your ticket you get adgitated, due to slow moving queue. You get up and ask the young lady if there's any chance she could do your 90 day report. Yes she will do it, but asks for 100 Baht at the end. I witnessed her doing so to 2 farangs today.

Another scam this office is pulling is to go out and do home visits and then ask for the petrol money upon leaving. It happened to a German friend of mine recently. And yes he did pay them, but wouldn't tell me how much.

The fee was taken by the chubby lady officer (a captain) who is now assigned in Sakhon Nakorn, undoubtedly doing what she has been doing in Kab Cheong.

This was one bad lady, but unfortunately there's more where she came from.