Phone Line Problems Need Help Quick.

sweandfree

I dont know if i post this at the right place now, but i do hope so.

I need Internet everyday for my work, because i call over the internet to Sweden.

And i did the stupid thing to sign and move in to a new house in Bkk.

When i now contact, true,3bb,tot they all say the same thing, you have to wait for adsl ?

Why do i have to wait ?

What i understand is that the village i live in is so new, so there is no phone line connected to the house or the village.

Can i pay someone extra to fix this ?

Anybody else have the same problem before?

Im really getting crazy here.

Best regards // Chris.

Go to your local mobile phone shop and buy an aircard or mobile modem/router.

Dlink have some good and cheap 3G versions with wifi. Buy a cheap unlimited data package from them - off you go surfing the internet. I use a Dlink 3G modem/router with a AIS data package in the car for the kids and their tablets so they can stream etc when we are traveling about (keeps them quite) .. and I use it for Skype on my tablet back to the office and else where.

Dlink have some good and cheap 3G versions with wifi. Buy a cheap unlimited data package from them - off you go surfing the internet. I use a Dlink 3G modem/router with a AIS data package in the car for the kids and their tablets so they can stream etc when we are traveling about (keeps them quite) .. and I use it for Skype on my tablet back to the office and else where.

Thanks for the info, i tried to buy the "true 3g+" 21mbit service. In the store they told me that it was unlimited for 999baht/month.

I come home, start my new service, happy like i children on christmas i could download in 500kb/sek.

But then boom, after 5gb of usage its limited to 0.12mbit.

And when i try to talk to the people in the true shop they say, "yes its unlimited until you reach 5gb"

Do you have a GB limit on your AIS card?

Best regards // Chris.

I simply use a post paid package with AIS since the mid 90's (yep there was even data packages back then too) which costs 499 per month - but there are many packages - but you shop around for them, at say MBK where everyone is located.

Thanks for the info, i tried to buy the "true 3g+" 21mbit service. In the store they told me that it was unlimited for 999baht/month.

I come home, start my new service, happy like i children on christmas i could download in 500kb/sek.

And when i try to talk to the people in the true shop they say, "yes its unlimited until you reach 5gb"

Best regards // Chris.

Yeap, there is a Fair Use Policy where "unlimited" really means you have full access to the highest 3G speed (42Mb in the perfect world although you get much less) until you reach your 5GB monthly data limit....after that, your speed is reduced to a much lower speed (usually something between 64Kb to 384Kb) until the start of your next billing month when your new monthly 5GB allotment begins and you start getting full speed again. As far as I know, all the 3G carriers have Fair Use Polices on their 1GB, 2GB....5GB....or whatever mobile data plan a person is signed up for. If the mobile data plans were truly unlimited in data amout and full speed they would not be selling/advertising them in 1GB, 2GB, 5GB, or whatever data increments.

Heck, even ADSL/Cable/Fiber internet connections have Fair Use Policies but normally these apply to X-amount of data over a very limited time frame, like one hour, and then you are back to full speed...meant to keep heavy torrent users from totally bogging down the speed for everyone. Just basic browsing, emailing, live video streaming, and some light torrent downloading wouldn't trigger this Fair Use Policy on hard line connections. Most people would not even notice such a brief reduction in speed due to a Fair Use Policy implementation....and even if they did after the brief period they are back to full speed. But as mentioned this is on ADSL/Cable/Fiber internet connections; with the mobile data plan connections the Fair Use Policy runs until the start of your next billing cycle.

So a person needs to manage their monthly full speed (a.k.a., unlimited) mobile data allotment if they want or need to always run at full speed; otherwise they will be running at a low speed until the start of their next billing month.

dtac has a 7gig package for 999baht and you can top up extra 1gig @150baht so each month you could get say 15 gig of high speed but it would cost 2200 baht. avg 1 gig a day would run about 4500baht a month. The 1mbIpStar ToT sat which is vary un moble would cost about 3000 a month and have 512k up stream

Best regards // Chris.

Yeap, there is a Fair Use Policy where "unlimited" really means you have full access to the highest 3G speed (42Mb in the perfect world although you get much less) until you reach your 5GB monthly data limit....after that, your speed is reduced to a much lower speed (usually something between 64Kb to 384Kb) until the start of your next billing month when your new monthly 5GB allotment begins and you start getting full speed again. As far as I know, all the 3G carriers have Fair Use Polices on their 1GB, 2GB....5GB....or whatever mobile data plan a person is signed up for. If the mobile data plans were truly unlimited in data amout and full speed they would not be selling/advertising them in 1GB, 2GB, 5GB, or whatever data increments.

Heck, even ADSL/Cable/Fiber internet connections have Fair Use Policies but normally these apply to X-amount of data over a very limited time frame, like one hour, and then you are back to full speed...meant to keep heavy torrent users from totally bogging down the speed for everyone. Just basic browsing, emailing, live video streaming, and some light torrent downloading wouldn't trigger this Fair Use Policy on hard line connections. Most people would not even notice such a brief reduction in speed due to a Fair Use Policy implementation....and even if they did after the brief period they are back to full speed. But as mentioned this is on ADSL/Cable/Fiber internet connections; with the mobile data plan connections the Fair Use Policy runs until the start of your next billing cycle.

So a person needs to manage their monthly full speed (a.k.a., unlimited) mobile data allotment if they want or need to always run at full speed; otherwise they will be running at a low speed until the start of their next billing month.

Cannot really manage it vary much - It is the first 5gig of data, no matter what speed you use, that is able to use high speed - there is no way to save the data amount.

I buy 3gig each month so it will run 215k when that is gone rather then slow to 64k under the 1gig plan. I never use any high speed at all - we don't have any around here. If you top up an extra 1gig they use it first no matter what speed you connect at and then go back to the other plan.

Best regards // Chris.

Yes that happened to me too, with True, just crazy.... crazy.gif they don't tell you that before buying the dongle....blink.png

Anyone else be warned !!!! Boycott True, until they do make it unlimited !!!

CAT service was much better... with no limits and faster than True .. too bad it's gone... or will be soon! sad.pngwhistling.gif

Thanks for all the answers.

Today i contacted AIS "Airnet" service.

Filled out their form, and they said they would contact me within 3 days.

They offer a Airnet package with 15mbit down & 5mbit up for only 1290baht/Month.

And the install fee is only 1000 baht.

On the phone they told my wife that we could get it, and they only need to confirm within 3 days.

So i really hope this will work now.

Will post a update when i hear from them !

Over & Out // Chris.