Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

There's new moo baan in Baan Taling ngam, we have a transformer nearby the house, but the installation is new, although it was the nearby neighborhood that suffer the power cut.

Bill, we just moved in like a few day's ago, so a little too soon to get the bill, anyway, after many calls still nothing.

Up until this morning around 7Am, then there was shortly full power for a few seconds and then it was complete black out, so then I knew they actually just started to inspect the problem, and then took about 2 more hours, and the power was back on.

So I don't think there was anyone looking during the night as they were pretending.

I can liv with a daily power cut of about 1 or 2 hours, no problem at all, but hey 18 hours annoyed.gif

That's pushing the limits don't you think...

wai2.gif

Anyone else experiencing fluctuation again.

Baan Taling Ngam, again same story, no full power, only half of it...

I'm just down the road from you (Laem Sor) and okay here

I've just been informed by someone there will be no power in certain areas of bophut from 9.00-13.00hrs this morning.

I can't guarantee this is correct but be prepared. It would hardly be unusual would it.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Lost half power this morning 3 hours & now again. seems to be the same problem for the last year & they still can't fix it correctly.

3 times yesterday & now since 5.30 am.

This probably deserves a separate thread, but drivers are warned to take extreme care when approaching the traffic lights @ immigration from the direction of Naton. The lights from that direction are 'out' (not working), creating the illusion of a powercut. If you proceed to the point where you'd turn right (to Immigration/hospital) there's a chance that you'll be 'T-Boned' by someone on a Green light crossing the road from right to left in front of you, or by someone heading into Naton from Lamai who I suspect can see Green lights from that direction too.

This probably deserves a separate thread, but drivers are warned to take extreme care when approaching the traffic lights @ immigration from the direction of Naton. The lights from that direction are 'out' (not working), creating the illusion of a powercut. If you proceed to the point where you'd turn right (to Immigration/hospital) there's a chance that you'll be 'T-Boned' by someone on a Green light crossing the road from right to left in front of you, or by someone heading into Naton from Lamai who I suspect can see Green lights from that direction too.

Them there lights at Samui Immigration, turning, have not been working for months or even a year or more now~(actually April last year if memory serves... but memory is fading with age~sometimes!!!! whistling.gif )

Same with the lights at Soi 4 Maenam!!....wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Them there lights at Samui Immigration, turning, have not been working for months or even a year or more now~(actually April last year if memory serves... but memory is fading with age~sometimes!!!! Posted Image )

Same with the lights at Soi 4 Maenam!!....Posted Image

They've been back on for at least a month.

With all the high winds lately, I have to say I am surprised more power has not been out...wink.png I assume the winds are island wide, and not just in Maenam area?

Oh!, so they have the Samui Immigration / Nathon Hospital lights on again, (re muimatt's comment) ... not been by there for a while, I take the back road into the hospital !

I prefer the "back roads" when possible !! whistling.gifbiggrin.png

You guys seem to have loads of blackouts on Samui. Apart from the one that hit all of southern Thailand a while back, the only one I've had on KPG was last night, with torrential downpours and strong winds. Lasted about 2 hours or so. Greater demand on the grid on Samui or I'm just lucky? IDK.

I have just been told that they have equipment problems @ the distribution centre ( I thought that's what they said yesterday too ).Full power restored around 1 pm & pigs might fly.

Think it’s a fair assumption to say that my power is going to go off sometime soon (I’m fed off these same lines)...either when they turn the power off to fix this or when it all falls down and short-circuits w00t.gif

It’s been like this all day...now nearly 6pm...my guess is they’re waiting until it gets dark xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeC.pngsad.png

20130716_153955Medium_zps8139f24f.jpg

• Like 2

Jimmy, why is there a statue of you just in front of the tree?

Don't know, you had better ask Neilly, it's his picture, near his streetwink.png .... I am not the only photographer around here !tongue.png

biggrin.png

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1