Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

• 1 month later...

Big bang....and electric of again in Soi Reggae,... 3rd time since Central Opened, pretty sure they still have like last 2 times (1 time 7+ hours, other one 5+ hours)...

That does make you wonder, it would appear the island was suffering from power issues for a while, then they go and build something as power hungry as Central. It's hard to imagine it would not have an effect.

• 2 weeks later...

Power off, 2 phases down since 11.50.PEA help line 1129 , press 9 for English doesn't connect nor do any of the other digits, what a waste of time.

So how are you supposed to call for emergencies.

Power off, 2 phases down since 11.50.PEA help line 1129 , press 9 for English doesn't connect nor do any of the other digits, what a waste of time.

Dial #1129 & pass the phone to your wife :)

Dial #1129 & pass the phone to your wife smile.png

Not all wifes are of Thai nationality or fluent in Thai language. They fixed it @ 11.30.

Found the trick, dial 1129 as soon as the automated menu comes on press 9 then wait for the automated menu to finish you will be transferred. I had a great guy on the phone.

PS My wife is 6 foot & yells.

Understood. The point I was trying to make is that some Thai wives won't make calls of this nature due to face therefore need to be handed a phone that is either ringing or has just been answered. I could have widened the suggestion to "a Thai speaker" but to do so would have spoiled the fun for those with Thai wives who know all too well where i'm coming from smile.png

Edited by evadgib

Not all wifes are of Thai nationality or fluent in Thai language. They fixed it @ 11.30.

Found the trick, dial 1129 as soon as the automated menu comes on press 9 then wait for the automated menu to finish you will be transferred. I had a great guy on the phone.

PS My wife is 6 foot & yells.

OT - my thai gf is 5 foot, and is very scary when she yells :)

• 2 weeks later...

Power out in Plai Laem Soi 4 since 19.15. Anywhere else?

Soi 7 we had flickering lights and the security lights on the condos next door went out at that time. But all good here. (At least on the one phase where I am currently staying).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I heard tomorrow no electricity in ALL Koh Samui...

I doubt this is true, maybe in some parts?
It would be from 8AM to 4PM (so in 4 hours from now)

Anyone has some infos?

Thanks

Blackout on NW KPG since around 5.30 - 6 am today, followed half a second later by a big, reverberating BOOM! A casual roll through Tong Sala suggested they had electricity, though whether from the grid or generators I don't know. Hot day - had to relocate my home office here while I wait for the electricity to return...

Chalok.jpg

Since around 8:45, no electricity around Dao Seafood Market and parts of Chaweng.

IT Complex Lamai appears to be on the same grid, so no electricity either.

UPDATE:

9:48

It seems to be back now.

Edited by Mole