Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

Dear Angiud

I really hope your right about 5 hours, because from what i've been told it could be 1 - 2 days before power comes back online. Don't mean to alarm anyone its just the information i've been told from quite a few people and right now just really trying to confirm as well. Also from what I am told the damage is quite bad.

If anyone can really confirm from sources post it, by the way i really hope i am proven wrong because I really don't want to experience the event we went through just 6 months ago

Hope this is not off topic... I have an assignment that must be ready tomorrow. Need 7-9 hours on the laptop... What can I do? Pay for a night at a resort with generator? Anyone? I'm fine otherwise, just have to be able to use my laptop. Was going to do it tonight, I've slept all day...

Edit: seems no longer necessary. Lesson - don't leave stuff until last minute...

Edited by AngThong

Heres whats been posted online

Most of the South was engulfed in darkness for 35 minutes from about 7.45pm Tuesday night following malfunctions at the main power station in Prachuap Khiri Khan's Kui Buri district.

The distribution of electricity resumes, first after around 35 minutes at certain locations, but most of the region are still in the dark even after two hours.

Initial reports quoting the Provincial Electricity Authorities said a malfunction had been reported at a power station in Trang, but the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (Egat) said the problems had occurred at the plant in Bang Saphan district.

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm in Trang, electric went off everywhere for 2.5 hours except areas surrounding govt buildings in the town which were back up after 30 mins - also heard it affected the whole South of Thailand, certainly family in Satun had a cut at the same time

Lamai: I had a knock on my door at some stage during the afternoon but couldn't small smaoke so went back to sleep. Had another knock very late afternoon which I answered and was told by the landlady to shower and eat because the power was going off... 6pm I guess but didn't check. Threw a few bits in the rice steamer and had a shower before the power went down for a good 6 hours.

Out of interest how are your two egg poachers doing? rolleyes.gif

Mine does not really works with one at a time and when I tried two it didn't fit.

Same as my last experience with twins.

Well its true to say i have the Rolls Royce of egg poachers. Imported from the UK actually.

However, the story doesn't end there. You see, you don't just need a gas stove to poach an egg.

Has anyone any idea how difficult it is to judge the perfectly cooked egg poached under Samui candle light? Try it. Now Smokie, languishing in his castle north of Hadrians Wall has probably never experienced the pleasures of an eight hour power cut but let me tell you if he did, the eggs along with the poacher would be launched from the battlements.

He also neglects to tell all that when he is moored up for Samui island visit, he never comes ashore without a custom made torch and water resistant matches. He knows. So when someone asks how;s the egg poacher my answer is, anxiously waiting for those offing new power cables to start working.wai.gif

I'll bring you over some boil in the bag hollandaise sauce.....sounds like you might need it.

Might have to airdrop it way things are going! biggrin.png

From Blackout

Posted Today, 02:05

Tywais, on 21 May 2013 - 23:36, said:snapback.png

Authorities working around the clock to restore normal supply of electricity to the South

BANGKOK, 21 May 2013 (NNT) - Authorities have already restored power to nearly half of the southern provinces experiencing a blackout caused by a high-voltage cable in Bang Saphan District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province.

Deputy Governor for Transmission System of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) Thana Putarungsi has affirmed that EGAT has gradually supplied 1,030 megawatts of electricity back to the 14 southern provinces affected by power outage that started this evening due to the failure of the main high voltage transmission line connecting the South to the central region.

Mr Thana explained that EGAT is now generating electricity from the hydro power plant at Ratchaprapha dam in Surat Thani and Bang Lan Dam in Yala Province for use to avert the massive power failure that affected most of the southern region. Besides, the government has ordered electricity from Malaysia and a private electricity supplier to relieve the shortage. More electricity is also being mobilized from other sources.

Out of interest how are your two egg poachers doing? rolleyes.gif

Mine does not really works with one at a time and when I tried two it didn't fit.

Same as my last experience with twins.

Well its true to say i have the Rolls Royce of egg poachers. Imported from the UK actually.

However, the story doesn't end there. You see, you don't just need a gas stove to poach an egg.

Has anyone any idea how difficult it is to judge the perfectly cooked egg poached under Samui candle light? Try it. Now Smokie, languishing in his castle north of Hadrians Wall has probably never experienced the pleasures of an eight hour power cut but let me tell you if he did, the eggs along with the poacher would be launched from the battlements.

He also neglects to tell all that when he is moored up for Samui island visit, he never comes ashore without a custom made torch and water resistant matches. He knows. So when someone asks how;s the egg poacher my answer is, anxiously waiting for those offing new power cables to start working.wai.gif

I'll bring you over some boil in the bag hollandaise sauce.....sounds like you might need it.

Might have to airdrop it way things are going! biggrin.png

If you are bringing over boil in the bag sauces mate then i'd like to put in a sustantial order for hollandaise, bernaise and pepper sauces. Enough to fill me freezer/cash on delivery. Mates for life!biggrin.png

• Like 2