Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

Just wondering 1 thing about this blackout event where the electric goes out in so many provinces and that is

When this electrical line or plant gets fixed I just want to know is it a short term band aid fix and just the beginning of say a more long term issue of more blackouts to come

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From Blackout

Posted Today, 02:05

Tywais, on 21 May 2013 - 23:36, said:snapback.png

Authorities working around the clock to restore normal supply of electricity to the South

BANGKOK, 21 May 2013 (NNT) - Authorities have already restored power to nearly half of the southern provinces experiencing a blackout caused by a high-voltage cable in Bang Saphan District, Prachuap Khiri Khan Province.

Deputy Governor for Transmission System of the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) Thana Putarungsi has affirmed that EGAT has gradually supplied 1,030 megawatts of electricity back to the 14 southern provinces affected by power outage that started this evening due to the failure of the main high voltage transmission line connecting the South to the central region.

Mr Thana explained that EGAT is now generating electricity from the hydro power plant at Ratchaprapha dam in Surat Thani and Bang Lan Dam in Yala Province for use to avert the massive power failure that affected most of the southern region. Besides, the government has ordered electricity from Malaysia and a private electricity supplier to relieve the shortage. More electricity is also being mobilized from other sources.

I wonder who is going to fit the bill. wouldnt be suppised if eletrci rises as their fault we pay

right now the electric is going up and down which is a big cause of broken pumps and air cons so i would turn all them off if i was you. if your fan is slowing down and speeding up then that is a bad sign. it is worse than a black out as there is enoiugh electric to power the pumps but not enough to make them wor properly which makes them grind to a halt

• Like 1

The thai letter I got today and translated only mentioned from 8am - 1pm and no electric towards big c and some parts of chaweng.

Wait and see though as could be proven wrong

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Battybird

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 13 posts

Update Via Facebook And My Home Koh Samui On Electricity Cuts 23/5

Posted 10 minutes ago

Announcement from PEA Samui : List of power outage area 23rd May 2013 from 08.00 -13.00
1. Wat Naplalan and whole area of Wat Na Pralan - Ban Maenam Beachside Soi Maenam Resort - Santiburi Hotel - Lolita Bungalow Maenam Soi 6- Wat Phukhoathong School - Maenam Market - Ko-Seng- Maenam Soi 2-3

2. PEA 2 Ban Maenam - First House Bungalow Chaweng Noi - In front of Zazen - World Resort - Ibis Samui - Samui Palm Beach - Lawana Resort - Peace Hotel - Bophut Resort & Spa -Bandara - Anantara Bophut - Ko Cart Bophut - Hansar Resort - Soi Lanthong - Soi Sunday - Samui Town Center - Big C - Bandoninter Hospital - Yupaland -ISS -Makro - Sirisin - Soi 99 Karaoke -Opposite Tesco Lotus - Chaweng Police Box - Wat Sawang Arom - Soi Chumchon Chawengyai 7- Krua Lung Jor - Soi Chumchon Chawengyai 10 - Samui Arena - Bank Water Soi - opposite Bangkok Samui Hospital

3. First Bungalow - Top Supermarket - Angkor Lamai - Samui First House - Samui Paradise Chaweng Beach Resort - The Fairhouse - Samui New Star - Impeana Resort - Centara - Banana Fansea - Chaba Resort - Chaweng Buri Resort - TCC Luxury Hotel- Imperial Chaweng - Chaweng Cabana - Chaweng Cove Resotel- Samui Lagoon bay -Sans Souci Samui - Seaside Bungalow - The New Villa - Lucky Home Resort - The Saraan
Unlike ·

Battybird

• Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 13 posts

Update Via Facebook And My Home Koh Samui On Electricity Cuts 23/5

Posted 10 minutes ago

Announcement from PEA Samui : List of power outage area 23rd May 2013 from 08.00 -13.00

1. Wat Naplalan and whole area of Wat Na Pralan - Ban Maenam Beachside Soi Maenam Resort - Santiburi Hotel - Lolita Bungalow Maenam Soi 6- Wat Phukhoathong School - Maenam Market - Ko-Seng- Maenam Soi 2-3

2. PEA 2 Ban Maenam - First House Bungalow Chaweng Noi - In front of Zazen - World Resort - Ibis Samui - Samui Palm Beach - Lawana Resort - Peace Hotel - Bophut Resort & Spa -Bandara - Anantara Bophut - Ko Cart Bophut - Hansar Resort - Soi Lanthong - Soi Sunday - Samui Town Center - Big C - Bandoninter Hospital - Yupaland -ISS -Makro - Sirisin - Soi 99 Karaoke -Opposite Tesco Lotus - Chaweng Police Box - Wat Sawang Arom - Soi Chumchon Chawengyai 7- Krua Lung Jor - Soi Chumchon Chawengyai 10 - Samui Arena - Bank Water Soi - opposite Bangkok Samui Hospital

3. First Bungalow - Top Supermarket - Angkor Lamai - Samui First House - Samui Paradise Chaweng Beach Resort - The Fairhouse - Samui New Star - Impeana Resort - Centara - Banana Fansea - Chaba Resort - Chaweng Buri Resort - TCC Luxury Hotel- Imperial Chaweng - Chaweng Cabana - Chaweng Cove Resotel- Samui Lagoon bay -Sans Souci Samui - Seaside Bungalow - The New Villa - Lucky Home Resort - The Saraan

Unlike ·

why not just say samui's electric is f'ed

Just wondering 1 thing about this blackout event where the electric goes out in so many provinces and that is

When this electrical line or plant gets fixed I just want to know is it a short term band aid fix and just the beginning of say a more long term issue of more blackouts to come

I think it's more down to Murphy's Law

murphys_law_lg.jpg

i reckon even a UFO would be baffled if were rto invade Thailand and go to some other country. they watching from sky all other counties life like robots. eat slepp lights out everday the same time. Thailand. eat , out doors and indoors sometimes we have aircons and fans but dont use them suring the day. lights go out randomaly all through the night. cars drive all over the place. rememeber they are watching from above.

treas planted in the middle of the road.

even the postman cannot find addresses to imagin how a guest from outer space can find people errrr

• Like 1

Theres such an island feel about these power cuts. Really starting to get into them myself. I love the uncertainty, the misleading information and the sheer futility of it. cheesy.gif

Does anyone have any power cut friendly food recipes for cooking in the dark? Recipes that will not be too taxing on a samuians most valuable possession....his/her torch..

• Like 1

Theres such an island feel about these power cuts. Really starting to get into them myself. I love the uncertainty, the misleading information and the sheer futility of it. cheesy.gif

Does anyone have any power cut friendly food recipes for cooking in the dark? Recipes that will not be too taxing on a samuians most valuable possession....his/her torch..

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

I know how you feel.

When we had the blackout on Tuesday night, my neighbour complained that I had not given him notice of it first!

Third time in 2 weeks, extended power loss on Bophut hills,been off since 10 am , fluctuation in power supply & loss of 2 phase, now all gone.

Third time in 2 weeks, extended power loss on Bophut hills,been off since 10 am , fluctuation in power supply & loss of 2 phase, now all gone.

Just come back, from 10 till now.

The southern power out was a concerted attack on Thaivisa moderators. Unfortunately they failed to take into account Rooo's early mobile bike come desk come internet station.

He makes Glitterman look pedestrian does our Rooo.....whistling.gif

• Like 1

The southern power out was a concerted attack on Thaivisa moderators. Unfortunately they failed to take into account Rooo's early mobile bike come desk come internet station.

He makes Glitterman look pedestrian does our Rooo.....whistling.gif

Mounted in the van now, all incognito.

• Like 1

I love blackouts, adds to the feel of a camping holiday that you always get when you live here, everyday is a new adventure.

Time to move to Kenya?giggle.gif

http://www.smh.com.au/world/power-failure-plunges-all-of-kenya-into-darkness-20130529-2na6r.html

Maybe Samui is not so bad after all?

That's it, I need to buy a diesel Gen, my petrol one costs more to run then the car.

I love blackouts, adds to the feel of a camping holiday that you always get when you live here, everyday is a new adventure.

Time to move to Kenya?giggle.gif

http://www.smh.com.au/world/power-failure-plunges-all-of-kenya-into-darkness-20130529-2na6r.html

Maybe Samui is not so bad after all?

That's it, I need to buy a diesel Gen, my petrol one costs more to run then the car.

Don't waste your money. The electric problems will soon be a thing of the past. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Don't waste your money. The electric problems will soon be a thing of the past. thumbsup.gif

Carmine EGAT supplies the power it's the local guys that can't keep it going. What is the definition of insanity?

Keep on doing the same thing over & over expecting a different result. They keep fixing this problem the same way & it lasts a few days then bang again.

Have to agree with the above poster. Electric problems will always continue in thailand. Due to obvious reasons not even worth mentioning. Lets keep something in mind

1. Samui still has at least one or 2 old electrical lines running to samui

2. Between central festival opening up. A 200 room hotel included as well. Next year also has the 220 room ozo chaweng set to open as well as movenpick hotel in maenam to open. Add high season demand and

3. Ever ongoing imbalance of demand and supply

There will continue to be outages. Hope amazing thailand proves me wrong but one cant be any reliant on the government to get anything done

Sent from my using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Carmine EGAT supplies the power it's the local guys that can't keep it going. What is the definition of insanity?

Keep on doing the same thing over & over expecting a different result. They keep fixing this problem the same way & it lasts a few days then bang again.

I was taking the pass. of course the electric problems on Samui will never be put right.

I just find the whole subject highly amusing. In a country where the whole issue of "face" is so important why can't they see what a loads of clowns they make themselves appear. Monty Python could have made a successful series on the subject of the Samui electric system.

Episode One. Sitting in your hotel room, having paid 6000 baht for the privilege, in the dark with no explanation as to why theres a power cut or when its coming back on. btw, how can hoteliers have the audacity to charge these rates and not have generator back up?

• Like 1