Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

Power out in Plai Laem Soi 4 for over an hour now. Flickered back on a few minutes ago but went straight off.

Wow SR. That has to be a first. Soi 4 out but we are OK in Soi 7. We normally loose power at the slightest hint of a problem in Plai Laem/Choengmon.

It was out when I got home about 17.00 but I am told it went out about 16.00. Did not come back until 20.00. Power outages are not usually that long - 4 hours! Really annoying when a couple of hundred metres down the road, everyone has power.

It happened during the storm. But just been told it's a problem from supply station which I presume in Khanom. They are having a problem also as Songkla Power generating plant is closed due to maintenance work on the Malaysian gas supply line.

Landlord on KPG just walked in with a leaflet from PEA in Thai; he explained it says:

Between June 13th and July 10th, 1.30pm - 3.30 pm and 6.30pm - 10.30pm, there will be no electricity due to power station repairs (?) on the Malaysia-Thailand border (?).

Can anyone verify? Samui also (hard to believe)?

Edited by AngThong

Thanks. I'd heard of that, I thought this was something new as my landlord insisted there'd be no electricity whatsoever at the times specified on the leaflet.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by AngThong

It happened during the storm. But just been told it's a problem from supply station which I presume in Khanom. They are having a problem also as Songkla Power generating plant is closed due to maintenance work on the Malaysian gas supply line.

I must be speaking another language.thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

How about your electricity bills, are they becoming more and more expensive? My Thai grapevine tells me that a lot of locals are also very upset with the increase in the bills.

Any body knows what's going on or has this already been discussed somewhere else?

How about your electricity bills, are they becoming more and more expensive? My Thai grapevine tells me that a lot of locals are also very upset with the increase in the bills.

Any body knows what's going on or has this already been discussed somewhere else?

I have posted something previously Limbos but can't find it. Unit prices were increasing due to FT fluctuations ( Fuel Tax ).The price rise was supposed to take effect from around March.

• Like 1

I am on a private supply so I cannot really comment other than to say that I have heard of government electricity going up to 5 baht a unit in some areas.

I have no evidence in black and white - just whinging locals.

Update. I have just looked at the electricity bills for my office - yep. 5 baht per unit. sad.png i am only paying 6.01 for my private supply.

I have posted something previously Limbos but can't find it. Unit prices were increasing due to FT fluctuations ( Fuel Tax ).The price rise was supposed to take effect from around March.

Have a quick look HERE Limbos.

Definitely more than 3.5 baht on Samui.

My manager said that was the price some 5 years ago - now it is 5 baht (in Plai Laem)

post-79343-0-69074600-1404097915_thumb.j

My manager said that was the price some 5 years ago - now it is 5 baht (in Plai Laem)

attachicon.gifPEA bill.jpg

3.93 Baht per unit + VAT= 4.207 per unit. Not 5 Baht a unit.

The unit price depends on how much electricity one uses, it is not a flat rate but increases in steps.

My bill for the same period is 3.78 + 0.69 which with VAT adds up to a unit price of 4.78 for a 1200 unit usage.

Our tenants used aircon a lot during April so we paid 4.92 per unit for a 1500 unit usage which is the highest so far this year.

• Like 1

The unit price depends on how much electricity one uses, it is not a flat rate but increases in steps.

My bill for the same period is 3.78 + 0.69 which with VAT adds up to a unit price of 4.78 for a 1200 unit usage.

Our tenants used aircon a lot during April so we paid 4.92 per unit for a 1500 unit usage which is the highest so far this year.

I was just working off his bill, units used to the charges.