Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm told that Samui Cable TV has announced (in Thai) a power cut in Maenam Area tomorrow Friday June 26th. No times given, so seems like it can be for whole day - reason gives is, that they shall cut trees disturbing the power distribution cables.

• 2 weeks later...

18:50. Typical. Just settled down to watch the 2015 Silverstone Grand Prix, and the power goes out in Bangrak. sad.png

I feel you. I switched over to 3G to keep watching on BBC.co.uk but after 20 minutes the 3G tower switched to battery saving low speed. So that ended the live feed.

18:50. Typical. Just settled down to watch the 2015 Silverstone Grand Prix, and the power goes out in Bangrak. sad.png

I feel you. I switched over to 3G to keep watching on BBC.co.uk but after 20 minutes the 3G tower switched to battery saving low speed. So that ended the live feed.

Hope you got to watch it in full...damn good race thumbsup.gif

Just heads up for tomorrow, we got notice that in parts of the lamai area from 8 am to 5 pm there will be no electric. Also includes areas of the southern part of the island as well. If anyone else has further information let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump:

Maenam residents have today been advised (by tannoy waggon) that there will be a powercut 0900-1200hrs tomorrow to allow foliage to be given a short back and sides.

HTH

Thanks for useful info, but »by tannoy waggon« – just wonder how many non British who understand that expression...? smile.png
(I was exclusive Tannoy-agent for more than 15 years in my home country, so I know the story – and many more anecdotes about Tannoy) biggrin.png
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

No, that's 'rumour control'!

Here's what a tannoy waggon looks like:

mobile-dj-car-450x302.jpg

How did non Brits fare re the short back & sides? smile.png

There was one of these (didn't quite look as cool but had PEA on the side) driving down the ghost road this morning saying something about "Prung Nee bla bla bla in Thai, couldn't understand the rest" Has anyone heard if the electric is going to be off in Bangrak area tomorrow, Tuesday 29th Sept?

yes indeed, from 8am to 4pm i guess. they will chop down trees on the ghost road apparently, so electric will be off.

No, that's 'rumour control'!

Here's what a tannoy waggon looks like:

mobile-dj-car-450x302.jpg

How did non Brits fare re the short back & sides? smile.png

There was one of these (didn't quite look as cool but had PEA on the side) driving down the ghost road this morning saying something about "Prung Nee bla bla bla in Thai, couldn't understand the rest" Has anyone heard if the electric is going to be off in Bangrak area tomorrow, Tuesday 29th Sept?

• 1 month later...

Planned Power Outage-Maenam-Fri 20 Nov 15

0800-1600hrs

Now thats a positive mental attitude! smile.png

tongue.png Well it was good to know to turn off the computer before 8 am.... as it turned out it did not go off until until 8.25 facepalm.gif And then it turned out it depended which side of the street one's house was.... rolleyes.gif

Gai Pharmacy on Soi 4 was on all day, she said other side of the street was off.... I guess I live on the wrong side of the tracks! giggle.gif

• Like 1

Planned Power Outage-Maenam-Fri 20 Nov 15

0800-1600hrs

Now thats a positive mental attitude! smile.png

tongue.png Well it was good to know to turn off the computer before 8 am.... as it turned out it did not go off until until 8.25 facepalm.gif And then it turned out it depended which side of the street one's house was.... rolleyes.gif

Gai Pharmacy on Soi 4 was on all day, she said other side of the street was off.... I guess I live on the wrong side of the tracks! giggle.gif

Jimmy is positive as always, wonderful...smile.png

Unfortunately I only reached to read the Samui Forum this evening and that I've been without power all day. I'm really happy that some of the posters care to inform us, sincerely thanks to Evadgib, and I'm also really happy I didn't read it before, so I manage to avoid the power outrage. thumbsup.gif

- Or maybe not so supernormal, perhaps I'm just on the same line as Gai - the transformer behind the Chinese temple - even I'm on the opposite side of the soi...whistling.gif

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...