Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

Here at the pointy end - power off 12 -ish. Power back - 10 minutes ago.

11 hour power cut and loads of coconuts and branches down. Bangrak was a bit of a mess today.

Here it was off for about 90 minutes in the afternoon, then back for one hour and then off for another hour at least. Your 11 hours are really bad.

Dare I say ..... not even had a flicker in my area of Maenam..... for months.... (I probably just jinks thatrolleyes.gif )

But preventive maintenance along some of the power lines would go a long way to preventing problems... in many areas! whistling.gif

Oddly my power come from the main road underground, (100 mts or so, I guess that helps during the windy periods... at least most of the new lines on ring road are fairly free of trees, to bugger things up!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know tomorrow from 9 AM to 4pm from maenam soi 1 to the light at bophut, there will be no electric, I can back this up as PEA just came to our hotel to inform us and to give an official letter. I will upload the document soon, keep in mind it is in thai though. As far as I understand no where else is effected

Power out since 5.45 Bophut Hills, anywhere else?

Five explosions last night around 10.30 pm - the first one and all the lights went out (off the main road in Mae Nam - up the hill in the direction of Kirikayan, Soi 1)

One of the bangs was BIG..

Dunno what time they came on again because I went out to watch footie - and the lights were on everywhere else in Mae Nam . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Had quite a few hours of this in bangrak today. All I wanted was butter from the shop to go on my toast.... (no have... electric close) .... but i survived, despite the odds, and reminded myself that life is not so bad really

Took a siesta after lunch (eggs on dry bah.gif toast (bread... no electric)) on the very cool tiled floor.... just like the old days. Very nice.

Edited by Higgins

^ you should not have sleep in so late Higgins! tongue.png

My water delivery guys were not able to fill their bottles... so were not able to deliver bottle water...

Imagine the same for others...with the electric off .... so they may be a day or two behind now!

I did get a few things done, that have been on the "to do" list and often side tracked by tele or computer... thumbsup.gif