Electricity On The Islands.

Rooo

• 3 months later...

the principal question here is, why is someone driving at 04:49?smile.png

That's in principle a very good question, but easy to answer, as I often pass that area around 5am – on my way back from tech-dance in Chaweng – but due to power cut, and no light'n'sound, it was a bit earlier last night/this morning...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Since around 7pm electricity has been real crappy. It started with a boom, then power went down to about 100V. Around 9 it was getting better again, but then another even louder boom, which tripped my safe t cut, and since then half power again. This is on Bondkai road.

I hear reports that it's a mess in many areas on Samui. Anyone have any details?

Since around 7pm electricity has been real crappy. It started with a boom, then power went down to about 100V. Around 9 it was getting better again, but then another even louder boom, which tripped my safe t cut, and since then half power again. This is on Bondkai road.

I hear reports that it's a mess in many areas on Samui. Anyone have any details?

Here at Hua Thanon, complete blackout for two hours 9.30pm to 11.30pm so I presume Lamai also.

Here at Hua Thanon, complete blackout for two hours 9.30pm to 11.30pm so I presume Lamai also.

Today 17th April, power cut again here and Lamai 10am back on at 3pm but after 15 minutes down again until 4pm. No warnings, no explanation which coming at the hottest time of the year must be life threatening for those elderly residents and tourists. No one cares here so time to move on to Mogadishu !

Yep. Just after 19:30 again. Big boom and electric half gone. Same as two days ago. I guess too many people turning the aircon on this time of the day, and it blows the transformer(s). Anyone else having the same? Two days ago it was a mess island wide.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 hours ago, phetphet said:

There is a sign up in my building today.

Electricity out from 08:30 - 17:30 on 18/10/2016 in Bangrak due to maintenance work on high voltage power lines.

Yes that happened. It was also switched off from 12:30 - 17:30 yesterday without notice. Friends report power outs in other areas on the East side of the island yesterday as well.

I tend to find a fraction of the actual electricity issues are reported here on the forums.

4 hours ago, TheLobster said:

Yes that happened. It was also switched off from 12:30 - 17:30 yesterday without notice. Friends report power outs in other areas on the East side of the island yesterday as well.

I tend to find a fraction of the actual electricity issues are reported here on the forums.

And after two days of no electricity during the day, now again (23:58) the power went off. Sigh...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...