Xxxxl (Thai Size) In Pattaya

billd766

Thanks for that update.

I rushed off in a hurry this morning as the buke I came to look at wasn't up to what I wanted. I went with a mate and looked at 3 other places, 2 were closed but the third looks promising.

This afternoon I went to the market on Buakao and bought 1 pair of XXXL for 90 baht and took them back to try on. They seemed OK so I went back and bought another 9 pairs for 800 baht.

I amy try the Thepearsit market tonight but I will see how I feel later.

Thanks for that update.

I rushed off in a hurry this morning as the buke I came to look at wasn't up to what I wanted. I went with a mate and looked at 3 other places, 2 were closed but the third looks promising.

This afternoon I went to the market on Buakao and bought 1 pair of XXXL for 90 baht and took them back to try on. They seemed OK so I went back and bought another 9 pairs for 800 baht.

Great story. I'm sure they would have been happy to invite you try them on right on the spot if they knew you might buy 10 of them.

I Not understand, why The thai Clothes industry, is unable to produce large tshirts and shoes, when millions of tourists from all over the world, visit the country every year!

For me a big bad joke!

Did the mass clothes sellers not recogneized that , this market would have a potential , to make good bisness!? . ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

It is almost astonishing that they refuse to make clothes for expats, normal or medium or large sized expats. I would say I am "medium sized," but I can't even find a pair of undershorts.........shorts..........or decent t-shirt. As one person already stated, XXXL in Thailand is misleading.........that size if too small for me and, I am neither too thin or too fat. Thai clothing manufacturers are simply ignoring us. It could be stupidity. I could be economics of scale. I do think that it is a shame that some of us have to go to open markets and buy used clothes that were originally made in the USA.,,,,used, yes, but often they fit. And I would add, COTTON! Is that word banned in the clothing manufacturing industry? And why to people continue to buy polyester anything in the hot tropics?

• Like 2

I Not understand, why The thai Clothes industry, is unable to produce large tshirts and shoes, when millions of tourists from all over the world, visit the country every year!

For me a big bad joke!

Did the mass clothes sellers not recogneized that , this market would have a potential , to make good bisness!? . ?

It is almost astonishing that they refuse to make clothes for expats, normal or medium or large sized expats. I would say I am "medium sized," but I can't even find a pair of undershorts.........shorts..........or decent t-shirt. As one person already stated, XXXL in Thailand is misleading.........that size if too small for me and, I am neither too thin or too fat. Thai clothing manufacturers are simply ignoring us. It could be stupidity. I could be economics of scale. I do think that it is a shame that some of us have to go to open markets and buy used clothes that were originally made in the USA.,,,,used, yes, but often they fit. And I would add, COTTON! Is that word banned in the clothing manufacturing industry? And why to people continue to buy polyester anything in the hot tropics?

May be because they produce for the local market and expat market is simply too small for them to even bother

And I would add, COTTON! Is that word banned in the clothing manufacturing industry? And why to people continue to buy polyester anything in the hot tropics?

Cotton is apparently only banned in Thailand.

Rather than buy the overpriced, undersized, badly made, garish rubbish that passes for tshirts here I just wait for my yearly trip to the UK to go to Primark and stock up with a dozen or so good-quality, plain coloured, 100% cotton tshirts, in my size, for about 100B each. That does me the entire year.

• Like 1

After not finding anything local for a very long time that was worthwhile buying, I recently had two boxers made by a local tailor. Not cheap (700 Baht), but I got to choose from many patterns of quality cotton fabric and the workmanship is excellent - they even have pockets! smile.png -- IMHO much better than roaming from market to market or waiting for a trip to another country. I could wear them out in public and nobody would know that they're "underwear". I'm ordering more very soon.

Thanks for that update.

Worth trundling about then as you seem happy with your purchases :)

And I would add, COTTON! Is that word banned in the clothing manufacturing industry? And why to people continue to buy polyester anything in the hot tropics?

Rather than buy the overpriced, undersized, badly made, garish rubbish that passes for tshirts here I just wait for my yearly trip to the UK to go to Primark and stock up with a dozen or so good-quality, plain coloured, 100% cotton tshirts, in my size, for about 100B each. That does me the entire year.

For me a big bad joke!

Cotton shirts at the market in Soi Buakhao, as I said in an earlier post, but not T-shirts, that I have noticed. Yet there are different types and designs of cotton shirts available there. Seen some linen ones too.

Decent shorts also.

Edited by pattayadingo

Go Commando buddy..........( and especially in Thailand )

Haven't worn a pair of Grundys in 30 years. Don't even own a pair for that matter. Not only that but I'm surprised how many others take the same view......

Or as an alternative go to Sportsdirect or buy off the Website........

Polos of Quality for equivalent 200 Baht..........

I left Pattaya yesterday morning to come home but nipped down the market just before 9 am and one stall was selling 3XL sizes at 6 for 500 baht so I bought another 6 pairs and now have 16 sets.

That should keep me going for a couple of years I hope.

Thanks to you all for the good advice on where to buy.

Incidentally I saw a quite a few farangs down there that made me feel like an anorexic Twiggy.

Edited by billd766
  • Like 1

I left Pattaya yesterday morning to come home but nipped down the market just before 9 am and one stall was selling 3XL sizes at 6 for 500 baht so I bought another 6 pairs and now have 16 sets.

Incidentally I saw a quite a few farangs down there that made me feel like an anorexic Twiggy.

Then go there more often when your mood is down biggrin.png

My mood is up most of the time.

For me Pattaya has some super western food shops, Villa, Foodland, an excellent baht bus system for 10 baht a time.

There are some good pubs and restaurants, The Pig and Whistle on soi 7, the Brauhaus on 2nd road just by soi 7, a terrible Indian place close to Pattaya Avenue shoping mall.

I stayed in the Nature View Hotel on Soi Buakao for 1150 baht a night but no breakfast. A good clean hotel, friendly staff most of whom speak some English.

It is best to travel around in the mornings until about 2pm as the traffic is easier then.

The bad side for me was the rest of Pattaya. The traffic is terrible especially later in the evening, I took a baht bus down beach road about 10pm and it took over 30 minutes to get to Walking street. There was wall to wall people half of whom seemed to be Russian, guys of all ages wandering around with no shirts, guys older than me and I am 68, guys who made me feel sooooo skinny. and the ones I felt sorry for the most were the young children dragged around by Mum and Dad since they couldn't be left in the hotels.

The last time I went was 2 years ago and it was probably in April or May in the off season but there were certainly a lot more punters around and less empty bars.

Perhaps if I lived outside Pattaya on the darkside or Jomtien I would like it more but perhaps I am getting old as I think it is a dump.

My mood is up most of the time.

For me Pattaya has some super western food shops, Villa, Foodland, an excellent baht bus system for 10 baht a time.

There are some good pubs and restaurants, The Pig and Whistle on soi 7, the Brauhaus on 2nd road just by soi 7, a terrible Indian place close to Pattaya Avenue shoping mall.

I stayed in the Nature View Hotel on Soi Buakao for 1150 baht a night but no breakfast. A good clean hotel, friendly staff most of whom speak some English.

It is best to travel around in the mornings until about 2pm as the traffic is easier then.

The bad side for me was the rest of Pattaya. The traffic is terrible especially later in the evening, I took a baht bus down beach road about 10pm and it took over 30 minutes to get to Walking street. There was wall to wall people half of whom seemed to be Russian, guys of all ages wandering around with no shirts, guys older than me and I am 68, guys who made me feel sooooo skinny. and the ones I felt sorry for the most were the young children dragged around by Mum and Dad since they couldn't be left in the hotels.

The last time I went was 2 years ago and it was probably in April or May in the off season but there were certainly a lot more punters around and less empty bars.

Perhaps if I lived outside Pattaya on the darkside or Jomtien I would like it more but perhaps I am getting old as I think it is a dump.

I live near BKK as you know and the plus punts of pattaya are for me that everything is close. That is one of the reasons why i would want to live there. Most of the shopping in BKK is as good or better but takes more time to reach (for me).

Anyway some people have no idea how to dress and going without a shirt is something i only do on the islands at the beach itself. The moment i enter a restaurant for dinner id wear a shirt. But you see a lot of shirtless people on the small southern islands and i think its more ok there then in Thailand. Did not see many people who were overweight. Did see loads of skinny, young guys. With skinny i mean skinny no muscles and just too skinny.

Logical yes. But my size American XL would not be charged more than adult small in the US. Might cause rights.

That could mean that the smaller people are paying too much.

I suppose so. (Of course, I meant to say: Might cause RIOTS.)

Materials cost is one of many factors in the retail cost of an item of clothing.

Consider a food buffet.

The picky eater is subsidizing the big eater?

Perhaps but again food costs are only one factor in the price.

Logical yes. But my size American XL would not be charged more than adult small in the US. Might cause rights.

That could mean that the smaller people are paying too much.

I suppose so. (Of course, I meant to say: Might cause RIOTS.)

Materials cost is one of many factors in the retail cost of an item of clothing.

Consider a food buffet.

The picky eater is subsidizing the big eater?

Perhaps but again food costs are only one factor in the price.

Well I'm happy to report that at 100kg I still only need L (Farang) size. Getting the right size T-shirts is not easy though.

Back home i have shoe size 44,

here i cant squeeze 45 on my foot.

Where can i buy big nice looking shoes ?

You should be able to find some nice shoes at Outlet Mall (cnr Thepprasit & Sukhumvit Roads).

Sizes do vary a lot between manufacturers.