The Abhisit Indictment: Political Ploy?

webfact

The photo of Abhisit going to the court was interesting. Here was one man in a biz suit, and dozens of photographers crammed like sardines all trying to get the same shot - of a man walking to a building. There were probably additional dozens of other photographers pressed around - outside the camera frame. Thais are such followers and so lacking in innovative ideas. When every news photographer within a days drive of Bkk heard that Abhisit was going to the court building, they knew that every one of them (hundreds?) had to be there with their cameras (they all dress alike and seemingly have the same style of cameras also, but that's beside the point). Where are those photographers when more important newsworthy things are happening? Could they not have arranged for one or two photographers to take that shot (of a man walking to a building), and then the hundred or so other photographers could go on to other assignments?

The photo of Abhisit going to the court was interesting. Here was one man in a biz suit, and dozens of photographers crammed like sardines all trying to get the same shot - of a man walking to a building. There were probably additional dozens of other photographers pressed around - outside the camera frame. Thais are such followers and so lacking in innovative ideas. When every news photographer within a days drive of Bkk heard that Abhisit was going to the court building, they knew that every one of them (hundreds?) had to be there with their cameras (they all dress alike and seemingly have the same style of cameras also, but that's beside the point). Where are those photographers when more important newsworthy things are happening? Could they not have arranged for one or two photographers to take that shot (of a man walking to a building), and then the hundred or so other photographers could go on to other assignments?

This would require analytical thinking on the reporters part. Sorry Charlie not allowed in LOS.

This whole scenarion does not have the credibility nor any tangible evidence to go the distance and is merely a pathetic ploy to try and pressurize the opposition. As far as that tyrant Mr Thaksin returning home, I doubt very much that he would have the balls for that as his chances of living a long and healthy life would require a regiment of bodygards.

He has single handedly caused more duress and turmoil in this land he claims to love. I am sadened that H is not a Budhist ritual.

• Like 1

How can any THai can think this helps democracy or reconciliation is hard to fathom, unless, of course, you have had your brain washed by the red shirts or their aquaintances! Its time to let bygones by bygones.

Edited by nong38
  • Like 2

I watched the Red occupation of Bkk, hour by hour, as it unfolded in Spring 2010. One of my major impressions was how trepidatious then-PM Abhisit was. Perhaps he should be chided for being too careful, but certainly not for being too aggressive. Even so, the Thaksin/PT brainwashing machine has done a superb jog of convincing the Thai sheeple, mostly from Issan, that Abhisit is the bad guy. What's next? ......Thaksin/PT could convince those same intelligence-challenged folks that the Reds were all peaceful? Oh wait, they've already accomplished that.

• Like 2

Has anyone besides me noticed that our PTP/red apologists friends are conspicuously absent on this thread? Maybe they are all taking a holiday or on a visa run. Or maybe they have finally come to realize the truth about this clone government.

Yeah I was expecting some more of the same "coup coup" / "political context" / "electoral democracy" gibberish from previously banned CalgaryII (with new account name "righteous"). Let's wait and see.

Maybe Friday's payday

Is anything political in Thailand NOT a political ploy? I do love how Abhisit responded, especially his interview with the BBC. He manned up, unlike Thaksin, who runs from his problems like a weak, wimpy, pink-panty wearing sissy ladyboy wus that he is. Abhisit stood up, faced the music, knowing these charges are trumped up and won't hold water, but willing to face the music and consequences that may come from them, even to the point of facing death. That's a real man. Thaksin, you should take lessons on manhood from Abhisit. Seems you favor the weak sissy way, instead. Hope you and your underlings read this, as I'm sure, at least, that your weak pawns read and survey everything written about you here.

One of the key problems holding Thailand back is the nonsense political situation. Instead of raising the country and its people up, all you (read Thaksin and his people) do is tear down, hold down and keep your country in its "third world" rating. You don't care about the people of the country, and would rather enrich yourselves only. If you only had a brain, you'd realize that by raising others up, you yourselves would be raised. A rising tide raises all ships. Sadly, the country of Thailand sits, immobilized, on a sandbar, not able to mobilize itself because of fools.The Thais I've met who live in other countries have done well for themselves. Had they the opportunity to do so in Thailand, they would have done well for themselves there, and in turn the country would have been better off. Sadly, they left Thailand and found better opportunities where they could actually apply their skills and talents and prosper, enriching the countries they moved to instead of their homeland. Thailand loses in that regard. That's too bad. But I'm sure Thaksin and his sister and their clan don't give a rip.

Lets see what the real man does if he gets found guilty.. and the loses his appeal. Bit of globe trotting is definately on the cards

Is anything political in Thailand NOT a political ploy? I do love how Abhisit responded, especially his interview with the BBC. He manned up, unlike Thaksin, who runs from his problems like a weak, wimpy, pink-panty wearing sissy ladyboy wus that he is. Abhisit stood up, faced the music, knowing these charges are trumped up and won't hold water, but willing to face the music and consequences that may come from them, even to the point of facing death. That's a real man. Thaksin, you should take lessons on manhood from Abhisit. Seems you favor the weak sissy way, instead. Hope you and your underlings read this, as I'm sure, at least, that your weak pawns read and survey everything written about you here.

One of the key problems holding Thailand back is the nonsense political situation. Instead of raising the country and its people up, all you (read Thaksin and his people) do is tear down, hold down and keep your country in its "third world" rating. You don't care about the people of the country, and would rather enrich yourselves only. If you only had a brain, you'd realize that by raising others up, you yourselves would be raised. A rising tide raises all ships. Sadly, the country of Thailand sits, immobilized, on a sandbar, not able to mobilize itself because of fools.The Thais I've met who live in other countries have done well for themselves. Had they the opportunity to do so in Thailand, they would have done well for themselves there, and in turn the country would have been better off. Sadly, they left Thailand and found better opportunities where they could actually apply their skills and talents and prosper, enriching the countries they moved to instead of their homeland. Thailand loses in that regard. That's too bad. But I'm sure Thaksin and his sister and their clan don't give a rip.

Lets see what the real man does if he gets found guilty.. and the loses his appeal. Bit of globe trotting is definately on the cards

Don't judge Abhisit by Thaksin's morals or your own will be in question

• Like 1

1. Real man-------------------Yes.

2. gets found guilty----------Won't be.

3. loses his appeal----------Won't

4. Globe trotting-------------See #1

IMHO of course. ----------- All of this is just smoke and mirrors.

1. Real man-------------------Yes.

2. gets found guilty----------Won't be.

3. loses his appeal----------Won't

4. Globe trotting-------------See #1

IMHO of course. ----------- All of this is just smoke and mirrors.

if the Thai legal system is worth anything at all this case will be thrown out of court on it's first sitting and the DSI will be disbanded for stupidity

all this misguided playground crap needs to stop, this is why I said before and I'll say again - Thailand is not ready for democracy, it allows uneducated trash to be placed in government who have only their own interests in mind - Jesus Christ what country would be ruled by a billionaire convicted criminal living in a foreign country who won't come home because he doesn't want to serve deserved jail time - all you expats that think this is acceptable (which I don't think there are any -explained below) need to really take stock of what you are supporting

explained below - there are posters on here that I believe are just paid puppets of TS - I even believe that TS posts here - seriously

• Like 1

"

(snipped - nothing of consequence removed compared to this nugget)

I even believe that TS posts here - seriously

So what does the Expats favourite bete noir, multi billionaire/meglomaniac/scum/international fugitive from the forces of good (add your own description) do when he's not plotting taking over the world?

"Another cup of Green Tea luv and I wonder what Smedly and the boys are saying about me now?"

I even believe that TS posts here - seriously

Seriously?????????????

louise-fletcher.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

Edited by muttley
  • Like 2