Lets Open The Closet!

tuky

Are you gay?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It'll be interesting to see the results.

I think many women have had an experience with another woman, esp during the teen years. For instance I know some women :o who as teens would snog each other so they would be great kissers for guys. Guess this would be called experimentation. :D

I will add my sixpence worth, I'm not absolute about anything.

Hmmmmmm and it was you dear IT who started this topic.... if you bat for both teams you cover nigh on 100 per cent of the population :o

get the best of both worlds - nothing wrong with that :D

I googled myself today, and found an ancestor of mine, the Australian children's book illustrator, Ida Rentoul Outhwaite (1888-1960).

Funnily enough, one picture of hers is called ''Are You A Fairy?''

I don't know, Ida. I'll have to give it some thought!

http://www.artsuppliesnow.net/quotAre_You_...ite_116374.html

Ida Rentoul Outhwaite (1888-1960), a self-taught illustrator, was the daughter of amateur water-colourist Annie Rattray Rentoul and John Laurence Rentoul, Professor of New Testament Greek and Christian Philosophy at Melbourne University, and Moderator General of the Presbyterian Church. A precocious artist, Ida’s first published illustrations appeared in the New Idea magazine when she was only fifteen, and the following year saw her first illustrated book, Mollie’s Bunyip (1904), written by her sister Annie.

She illustrated four more books, Mollie’s Staircase (1906), Australian Songs for Young and Old (1907), Gum-Tree Brownie (1907) and Before the Lamps are Lit (1911) before embarking on Elves and Fairies (1916), the book which most firmly established her reputation.

Ida Rentoul married Arthur Grenbry Outhwaite, a barrister, who wrote stories for her to illustrate, and handled her business affairs. After the First World War, they spent a year overseas where successful exhibitions of Ida’s work were held in Paris and London. The London exhibition was attended by Queen Mary, who bought some of her paintings for her own collection. Ida also sold her next four books to the English publisher A. and C. Black.

In 1926 she reverted to Australian publication for Fairyland, another limited edition book. From 1933 to 1939 she contributed a regular comic strip, Benjamin Bear, to the Melbourne Weekly Times. The Depression had put an end to luxury publishing; the market for the extravagant fairy book had disappeared.

The Outhwaites lived in South Yarra and had four children: two daughters and two sons. Grenbry Outhwaite died in 1938, and both sons were killed in action during the Second World War. Throughout the war, Ida worked for the Censorship Department in Melbourne, checking the mail of German and Italian prisoners of war and internees. She died in Melbourne in 1960, aged 72.

Biography by Walter McVitty, 1992, reproduced in Elves and Fairies (1992 ed.), pp 1-2.

Further information about the life of Ida Rentouil Outhwaite is available at: http://homepage.fcgnetworks.net/tortakales.../Outhwaite.html

All this Australian talk is making me homesick.

The longer I stay here, the closer I get to the people I know (and Thais in general).

But the longer I put off a departure, the older and more unmarketable I get.

I don't want to have to ask: Well, is this it? Is this why you worked for 15 years in the West...to end up working for the Bangkok Post?

I can't accept that. I won't.

I think many women have had an experience with another woman, esp during the teen years. For instance I know some women :o who as teens would snog each other so they would be great kissers for guys. Guess this would be called experimentation. :D

more Nat... I am also a lesbian :D

I think many women have had an experience with another woman, esp during the teen years. For instance I know some women  :o  who as teens would snog each other so they would be great kissers for guys. Guess this would be called experimentation.  :D

Whatever will Georgie say when he finds out Gentleman ?

Guest IT Manager

Mrentoul I have said to you a time or two, it's time you did some writing for yourself and let others see it.

Here is an offer.

Come to CM. I will introduce you to a small corner of the richest tapestry life has to offer, then give you space on the internet to showcase your work.

You owe yourself big time boyo.

IT

I think many women have had an experience with another woman, esp during the teen years. For instance I know some women  :o  who as teens would snog each other so they would be great kissers for guys. Guess this would be called experimentation.   :D

Whatever will Georgie say when he finds out Gentleman ?

yes it seems I am his only life line -I better get back to the pit :D

I think many women have had an experience with another woman, esp during the teen years. For instance I know some women  :o  who as teens would snog each other so they would be great kissers for guys. Guess this would be called experimentation.  :D

Believe there's a pg rating here - wouldn't want to shock the kiddies with my stories :D:D

Looking at the results of the poll I am quite intrigued.

It seems we have a couple of people who are heterosexual, but have no definate plans for the future, lets see what happens kind of thing. How interesting.

I am sure more of us have gay friends than we are letting on, or than our gay friends are letting on perhaps? Could this indicate that the poll/forum is lacking in people still in the closet ? What do you all think?

A couple of people have just found out, I wonder how. Did it happen in Thailand? Does anybody have any stories of how they found out? I for one would be interested in knowing what leads one to make such a life changing move. Is it gradual or perhaps you knew all along?

Glad to see that quite a few people know who they are, and are proud of it. Both teams are well represented here :o

But the part I find the most interesting are the middle two questions.

Back in my home country I have several friends who call themselves Bi, neither here nor there. They perhaps have long term monogamous relationships, but the sex of their partner is not a pre-requisite, what counts is the people themselves.

Why is this not the case in Thailand? or is it just this forum? Perhaps people who are not decisive enough to choose one gender are not the sort of people who would be looking to become involved in a forum such as this. Does this lead us to think that people who sit on the sexual fence are more unstable? What are your thoughts?

:D:D:D

Does this lead us to think that people who sit on the sexual fence are more unstable?

They're in the middle of the continuum....you'd think they'd be the most balanced :o:D

Could be a number of reasons for the low rate of responses, such as the psychometric validity of the scale of measurement :D:D .

Wouldn't say indecisiveness would make bisexuals unstable. Actually the idea of what counts is the person makes sense - wouldn't want to miss out meeting your soulmate due to excluding one of the sexes.

(ps for the record I voted on the straight end of the scale :D )

and I hate pain

Doc, it only hurts the first time... :D oh, or so they tell me :D:o

Cwispy yoo big teasth, thpit it out thweety. Who threw your thwitch :D

They're in the middle of the continuum....you'd think they'd be the most balanced 

Nat, I guess it depends on the how thin the line is, if it is a big fat thick one I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to balance on, however if the Proverbial line is a small and undeveloped one, then I can certinly imagine one becoming a little unbalanced, not knowing which way to swing.

Could that be the answer to the indecision too? depends on how thin the line is... :D

Hello everyone,

I saw that thaivisa launched this forum yesterday while a guest looking at the site. I decided to join in after seeing that. I am out of the closet and have been since I was 22 years old, except for 6 years of marriage in between (don't ask!), and I am now 41. I now live with my Thai boyfriend and work here in Thailand, and I am hoping that this forum is going to be as good and informative as the others on this site.

With best wishes

I have come across the saying below somewhere (I forgot who had actually said it in the first place) :

''There are no heterosexuals or homosexuals.....only heterosexual acts and homosexual acts.''

Interesting, right ?

Maybe we shouldn't be paying much attention to 'sexual labels'.

Regards,

Jem

Hello wcr

We are all glad you found this site, really nice to have you.

and I am hoping that this forum is going to be as good and informative as the others on this site.

It just so happens the rest of us are too, but lets not forget that that any group, club or forum is only as good as it's members, which by the way is why we are glad you can join us.

I look forward to reading your next post wcr!

Maybe we shouldn't be paying much attention to 'sexual labels'.

Hi JemJem, just a quick question, are you male or female? :D

i think we need sexual labels, we need all sorts of labels, not so we can have minorities, or for discrimination purposes. But I think it is because fundamentally we are all different, and we all have the need to be different. I do not want to be the same as you, although I accept you for who you are, and if we met we would probably get a long quite well, but we are different. How would I describe you to my partner if i couldn't label you?

"Well Darling, he is a very nice guy but he commits heterosexual acts!" :o

I understand your point JemJem, but does it really matter?

after all, if you are gay, or if you are str8 don't you need to identify with people who have a similar mindset?

This is just my own opinion, I don't see any harm.

How about the rest of you?