Lets Open The Closet!

tuky

Are you gay?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear Tukyleith,

It's not that I see 'much harm' in sexual labels but that I wanted to say that often it is difficult to be 'exact' via using a label.

Actually this can be a very long discussion but I will just make the following points for now :

*There are those who LATER IN LIFE 'find out' or say they now feel more comfortable being gay. So shall we define them as 'heterosexual-turned-gay' ? Maybe later in life they will feel that they consider themselves 'bisexual'.

*Then there is bisexuality...I feel that all of us have SOME DEGREE OF 'bisexuality' in us.....oh, by the way, see, I keep using labels myself :o

Anyway we can say that there are people at the 'gay end' of bisexuality (ie. they 'feel' better being with same sex partners or simply have more partners of the same sex and thus consider themselves liking the same sex more). And then of course there are those who consider themselves 'heterosexual' but have experienced a same-sex thing once in their life.....so maybe we can label them as 'heterosexual-who-only-once-experienced-a-same-sex-experience' :D

*And then there is the issue of romance/love versus sex. For instance, a woman might enjoy the idea of romance with a guy and also with another woman but never would actually sleep with a woman.....then what is she ? heterosexual or bi ? Or maybe 'heterosexual in sex but bi in love' :D

*And then there are 'sub-labels' such as 'top', 'bottom' and 'versatile' for gays. Those can hardly be 'exact' also.

*'labelling' causes the 'minority effect'. I am not necessarily saying that this is a negative thing. What I mean is for instance, we all talk about 'gay bars' but we do not talk about 'heterosexual bars' :D

Anyway I hope I can make my point here....sexual labels can be misleading and cannot really be 'exact'.

But I understand you too.....you (and so many others of course) feel the need for labels for convenience, even though labels are actually just 'roughly put generalisations'.

Thr discussion can be a long one...but I always enjoy discussing aspects of sexuality...

Oh, by the way, I am a male.

Regards,

Jem

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Judge

I like the concept of separation of emotional sexuality and physico/genital sexuality. I consider myself to be an emotional person, responsive to the needs of other males, and with a need for their company (not necessarily their sexual company either).

My relationship is long term, very, very stable and shared.

I am happy with myself. I like the company of a smallish group of people, not many of whom are foreigners. I don't have a rushing raging libido, just a need to hold and to occasionally be held.

I enjoy the depth of discussion I am finding in thaivisa, because to me, it is better than going to the bars though I do occasionally. I also like the level of experience shared among members, freely, along with their insights into levels of Thainess I haven't thought about before I found this COMMUNITY.

###### got it right in many ways about the nature of this place when he said it wasn't about being a flag waver, but it doesn't feel too horrid to be a flag bearer, and I am starting to think a bit like that about myself.

I think it is a place with huge potential that can only be explored in depth by using the shared intellect of many different inputs.

I enjoy the depth of discussion I am finding in thaivisa, because to me, it is better than going to the bars though I do occasionally. I also like the level of experience shared among members, freely, along with their insights into levels of Thainess I haven't thought about before I found this COMMUNITY.

Another truth, Judge - you just keep churning them out. This place has great potential, and I am very happy I've found it.

My cheers to makers as well as members! :o

Another truth, Judge - you just keep churning them out. This place has great potential, and I am very happy I've found it.

My cheers to makers as well as members! :o

Thank you Mr Sweetball :D You are good contributor here too. :D