Traffic Police Could Face Charges Of Extortion

george

Because it would make PC.plc the largest earning company, by far, in Thailand. Hundreds of billions of Baht per year. Hospitals, schools, etc.etc. Just what are the Thai public being robbed of? The current government is planning to cut the healthcare programme by 30%. How much is Thailand being held back?

regards

Please try to keep up Sierra. I'm not in any camp. I was simply pointing out that the term "tea money" is hardly appropriate to a 100 billion Baht + industry.

regards

I think you're wandering off topic TT, the thread is about traffic police corruption, read the title.

2 million per month...wow, so you are telling me that every policeofficer in a group that is stopping cars collects around 95K per day, given a 21day workmonth?

If they work 10 hours per day, doing ONLY that, that's 9.5K per hour. If they charge 100-200 per car, that's ATLEAST 47 cars per hour. Per officer. All days. Every day.

Sure you haven't got your calculators buttons mixed up?

Edited by TAWP

2 million per month...wow, so you are telling me that every policeofficer in a group that is stopping cars collects around 95K per day, given a 21day workmonth?

If they work 10 hours per day, doing ONLY that, that's 9.5K per hour. If they charge 100-200 per car, that's ATLEAST 47 cars per hour. Per officer. All days. Every day.

Sure you haven't got your calculators buttons mixed up?

It's probably also other types of extortion that he is talking about........

Well, have a relative on my wifes side and he isn't a low traffic cop and I can promise you that he doesn't take in 2 mill per month...

What would be the reason to be higher if the low-lvl would have that amount of money?