Filipino Cafes/restaurants

Maramook

I wish. Do you know ANY Filipino places?

Cafe New Orleans used to do a Pinoy "buffet" deal all you can order night I think on Saturdays.

Are they still doing that?

They also used to have an a la carte Pinoy menu; I assume they still do. Small portions, overpriced, but tasty.

• Like 1

Reminds me of the No Reservations episode where Anthony Bourdain was in the Philippines and ate goat's head soup...most disgusting cuisine in the world!

Some of their dishes are disgusting to outsiders, like Balut, but others are very delicious. Really, what's not to love about good adobo or sinigang? The cross cultural aspect, mix of Chinese, Spanish, indigenous, and American is interesting. Most people would choose to be "stuck" with Thai food vs. Filipino food for sure, but that doesn't mean they've got nothing to offer. Edited by Jingthing

A trip to the Phils is usually a good way to lose weight, as the food just isnt something most of us find to be tasty. Ive had some decent sushi as well as Italian food in Manilla..but overall its always a challenge to find a good pinoy meal

I had better luck in Cebu. And like I said Milpitas California, etc.! I agree in the islands you've got to dig.

Some of their dishes are disgusting to outsiders, like Balut, but others are very delicious. Really, what's not to love about good adobo or sinigang? The cross cultural aspect, mix of Chinese, Spanish, indigenous, and American is interesting.

Adobo is OK but it's a bit sweet and it becomes pervasive after a while. Rather like putting ketchup (or should I say banana catsup?) on everything.

Sinigang is good.

I remember a place on Mabini that did an excellent spit-roast lemon chicken with rice and chili sauce and beer.

Kinilaw pickled fish is another good one.

Warm fresh Pandesal are great for breakfast.

Balut is best left to the imagination, as are Adidas (chicken feet).

Reminds me of the No Reservations episode where Anthony Bourdain was in the Philippines and ate goat's head soup...most disgusting cuisine in the world!

Some of their dishes are disgusting to outsiders, like Balut, but others are very delicious. Really, what's not to love about good adobo or sinigang? The cross cultural aspect, mix of Chinese, Spanish, indigenous, and American is interesting. Most people would choose to be "stuck" with Thai food vs. Filipino food for sure, but that doesn't mean they've got nothing to offer.

As usual, you are right thumbsup.gif

I like a good caldaretta [sp] too!

post-147732-0-37360000-1355710697_thumb.

In the same episode Anthony Bourdain also rated Lechon as the Best Pig In The World http://criticafterda...t-pig-ever.html & there are many other tasty Phillipine dishes such as Pinakbet, Kinilaw, Liempo and Bangus. The Lechon in Phillipines puts the Moo Han (spit roasted pig) you see here to shame.

Sorry can't help with Pinoy food here in Pattaya but there is a place in BKK