No Formal Change In Non-Imm B Visas

“Thailand is now opening up to more foreigners, which is causing more problems. We must now be very strict,” she added.

More idiotic double talk...botom line it has been getting MORE difficult for the past 5 years..I was forced onto a retirement visa only last year by Huil instead of my normal multi B that is required under Thai immigration rules!!!!!!

Less and less reasons to stay in Thailand and spend the money in this country. Elsewhere you are very much more welcome. P.e. Malaysia, Indonesia.

And when you want to get rid off of all the visa hassle, best is South America. No visa requirements for most European countries. Just go, have your passport stamped, valid 3 months. Then go to next country and you come back. Again 3 months. And much more friendly than Thailand.

“Thailand is now opening up to more foreigners, which is causing more problems. We must now be very strict,” she added.

More idiotic double talk...botom line it has been getting MORE difficult for the past 5 years..I was forced onto a retirement visa only last year by Huil instead of my normal multi B that is required under Thai immigration rules!!!!!!

Less and less reasons to stay in Thailand and spend the money in this country. Elsewhere you are very much more welcome. P.e. Malaysia, Indonesia.

And when you want to get rid off of all the visa hassle, best is South America. No visa requirements for most European countries. Just go, have your passport stamped, valid 3 months. Then go to next country and you come back. Again 3 months. And much more friendly than Thailand.

Remember!

I am not talking about VISA!!! ( people cannot read this was state in original post!!)

Only how re-entry permits would work as a single and multiple entry!! regardless their cost!

If you really want to get technical... using reentry permit in last 30 days of retirement Visa, getting Visa renewed (or extend it for one more full year) again! Making One year Retirement Visa a Two Year Visa!!

But I was not discussing Visa's just how single against a Multiple would have worked in my case...thats ALL!

David

Edited by davidstipek

OP is asking about a single entry visa. You have an extension of stay based upon retirement which is not a visa.

He could get a single re-entry permit that would keep the remainder of his 90 day entry that he will get from his visa.

But I think he believed that a single entry visa would keep him from traveling out of the country after he gets his extension of stay. Which of course is incorrect.

Remember!

I am not talking about VISA!!! ( people cannot read this was state in original post!!)

Only how re-entry permits would work as a single and multiple entry!! regardless their cost!

If you really want to get technical... using reentry permit in last 30 days of retirement Visa, getting Visa renewed (or extend it for one more full year) again! Making One year Retirement Visa a Two Year Visa!!

But I was not discussing Visa's just how single against a Multiple would have worked in my case...thats ALL!

David

Edited by davidstipek, A minute ago.

Actually you are extending your entry for retirement each time rather than your actual visa and the cost of a re-entry permit is only 1,000 baht so you would have to need 4 trips to justify purchase of a multi re-entry at 3,800 baht just on price alone (although understand other factors would likely make it a better choice for many making 3 trips).

Remember!

David

Edited by davidstipek, A minute ago.

And once again you have posted false information. To obtain a second year on a retirement visa (actually long stay visa) which must be a multi entry non immigrant O-A visa you just exit and return without a re-entry permit and do this before the one year from application date (while visa is valid for entry) as you obtain a one year stay on any entry during validity. Only during the second year would you need to have a re-entry permit to return for the remaining permitted to stay period. A re-entry permit has nothing to do with obtaining a one year extension of stay for retirement which is the action of submitting a TM.7 extension of stay form during the last 30 days of permitted to stay period to your local immigration office along with proof of financials.

Does anyone know the official minimum Thai staff requirement for having a business here ?

None. However, if as a foreigner, you want to work for said company, or stay in Thailand, based on that company; 4 Thai staff, being paid (on paper) minimum full time wages, for whom social security is paid monthly.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that if you are married to a Thai woman who is a partner in the business then the requirement is only 2 Thai staff.

Do you know if this is correct ?

It is not correct as far as I know. I was at the Labour Ministry last week asking about the 4 Thai staff requirement because it is a new and annoying requirement to me as a PR. The official told me that the only exemption I could get is a reduction in the paid up capital requirement of 1 mil per WP instead of 2 mil and that is because of having a Thai wife. No exemptions for PRs any more at all and that is the only one he told me about for those with Thai spouses.

To get a 2 year WP he told me I should work for a company that has either has large paid up capital (I don't know how much but perhaps 30 mil which is the cut off for the one stop service), is a public co or I should have a high salary of 1 mil a month or more. I currently have one from a public co but thinking of going back to a small co again.

“Some foreigners keep returning to apply for non-imm B visas, but then do not engage in business or take up employment after they enter Thailand. These people are likely to be denied a non-imm B visa,” Ms Naphaphatch explained.

This seems to be what they want to crack down on. So what she is saying is that they will soon refuse the NON-Imm B visas completely to those who appear to be abusers. The single entry visas are just a warning to them to restructure their status in Thailand or go home, if they have no job.

• 1 month later...

It's fortunate that I read this post just as I was planning my KL visa renewal. I checked with my accountant and he confirmed the story. I called the consulate in Melbourne as I was considering visiting my parents there, and he said they were still issuing 1 year multiple entry visas. Just before I booked I heard from a friend who had obtained a non immigrant B 1 year mult entry from Penang.

So I decided to try Penang. I did my usual research and didn't find the consulate web page very helpful. Maybe I missed something but I didn't see any times for visa application and collection. I found info online suggesting that applications were lodged in the morning...as in KL but that collection was the following day at 12. The only flight from Phuket ( I didn't fancy a multi hour bus ride) was with Firefly and the bottom line is that 2 night stay was the only way. The only flight back was at 2.15 pm but with the information I had was that visa collection was at 12 and with a 30 minute trip to the airport I could make it.

I was of course disappointed but not shocked to find that collection time was at 2 pm which meant I had to forfeit my flight and rebook through KL at significant extra expense. Also I noticed that it could have been much worse since the following day was a Malaysian public holiday, which I also had not managed to find online. Next time I will call the consulate first for sure to check these things.

I assume that the KL decision is a policy decision made at that particular office because of exploitation, ocorruption or whatever but its doesn't seem to have been applied elsewhere.

Oh one more thing...there was a French guy in a tank top refused entry...might be common sense but dress a bit better than beach wear when you go to a Thai govt. office

It's fortunate that I read this post just as I was planning my KL visa renewal. I checked with my accountant and he confirmed the story. I called the consulate in Melbourne as I was considering visiting my parents there, and he said they were still issuing 1 year multiple entry visas. Just before I booked I heard from a friend who had obtained a non immigrant B 1 year mult entry from Penang.

So I decided to try Penang. I did my usual research and didn't find the consulate web page very helpful. Maybe I missed something but I didn't see any times for visa application and collection. I found info online suggesting that applications were lodged in the morning...as in KL but that collection was the following day at 12. The only flight from Phuket ( I didn't fancy a multi hour bus ride) was with Firefly and the bottom line is that 2 night stay was the only way. The only flight back was at 2.15 pm but with the information I had was that visa collection was at 12 and with a 30 minute trip to the airport I could make it.

I was of course disappointed but not shocked to find that collection time was at 2 pm which meant I had to forfeit my flight and rebook through KL at significant extra expense. Also I noticed that it could have been much worse since the following day was a Malaysian public holiday, which I also had not managed to find online. Next time I will call the consulate first for sure to check these things.

I assume that the KL decision is a policy decision made at that particular office because of exploitation, ocorruption or whatever but its doesn't seem to have been applied elsewhere.

Oh one more thing...there was a French guy in a tank top refused entry...might be common sense but dress a bit better than beach wear when you go to a Thai govt. office

So in the end you managed to get a multiple entry Non Imm B at Penang?

• 5 months later...