Proof Of Residency For My Bank

My bank told me if I stay in Thailand most of the time I could give them a thai proof of residency and that will then enable me to not pay taxes at all to the EU.

Can somebody tell me where to get this?? I have a tourist visa only. But I stay 1 year each time I come to Thailand

Can somebody send me a sample so I can see how it looks like, you can delete your data, just scan the paper

thanks

If you're a tourist I doubt you can get this. I think you can get letters of residence from a police station.

My bank just asked for similar thing but they want to see my name on the blue house registration(Tabien Baan) in order to get a morgage.

I need to show the amphur my marriage certificate, work permit, kids' birth certificates, and a translation of my passport stamped by my embassy. Does anyone know the easiest, cheapest way to get a translation for this purpose?

perhaps we could have a poll: who has a legal address in thailand?

scarce as hens teeth, as difficult to get as corruption in antartica, just waiting for the day that the banks jump fully on the scam and confiscate all your cash, coming soon believe me. they've been faithfully nurturing this one for along time now, so the time has got to be very nigh.

you think eu bank would take all my money?

why i have to pay tax on my savings if i am in eu only 1 week per year??

i have already been scammed on this by a british regulated money service provider so where's the difference.

Any money earned in the UK, even interest and you have to pay tax on it. Even if registered as non resident for tax purposes. I would guess that's the same for other EU countries!

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

My offshore UK bank requested this information almost 2 years ago. It is to comply with EU tax directives. Since the UK is a part of the EU, UK citizens now appear accountable to British AND EU tax regulators. All my bank asked for was a physical address in Thailand but they did not require proof of that address. I have 2 homes and appear on a yellow book for the prinicipal one so if they asked, I would supply them with a copy of the original and a sworn translation thereof.

In the meantime, if the OP can clarify his nationality, the nature of the living arrangements (hotel or house/condo/apartment either owned or rented) whilst in Thailand on his 1-year Tourist stays as well as the Province he lives in and ideally, what Amphur has jurisdiction, maybe some members can provide more accurate advice. This requested detail isn't to be nosing about in the OP's business but the regulations regarding yellow books and other locally issued proof of residence aren't universally observed in Thailand; some can get them free, some at cost and others cannot. Also, different embassies have different requirements regarding what they will endorse as proof of residence if requested to do so.

Edited by NanLaew

I am not earning money in EU, i live in Thailand, but my clients are USA, no thai companies

so i should pay tax to USA and not EU

How much tax are you paying in Thailand?

Why not get your American clients to make payments to your Thai bank account?

What has the EU got to do with it?

If you are a European from the EU go to your countrys embassay and get the to issue you with a certificate of residence, then send that to your bank.

what is immo office? immigration office?

Yes. If you have a Thai driver's license, immo will take that for proof of address too. Silly, I know.

in bangkok where can I dod that

You don't even know where the Immigration Office is in BKK? And we have to tell you here?

Sounds like you're not really resident in Thailand.

• Like 1

Yes. If you have a Thai driver's license, immo will take that for proof of address too. Silly, I know.

You don't even know where the Immigration Office is in BKK? And we have to tell you here?

Not silly as in order to get a Thai drivers license, you need to show proof of address.

Not silly as in order to get a Thai drivers license, you need to show proof of address.

Not really, you need to show a residence letter from immigration, round and round we go.....

My offshore UK bank requested this information almost 2 years ago. It is to comply with EU tax directives. Since the UK is a part of the EU, UK citizens now appear accountable to British AND EU tax regulators. All my bank asked for was a physical address in Thailand but they did not require proof of that address.

All banks affected by the EU savings directive (which includes offshore places like the CI and IOM) need to know your physical address and to know who you are. These days they also should all want some sort of evidence of the address, and also a certified copy of your passport. Any recent statement from a EU bank or letter from an EU government body (ie HMRC, UK National Insurance or Pensions Dept etc, or the equivalent thereof in another EU country) bearing your full name and (Thai) address will do as proof of address. Some banks want the original, some will accept a certified copy, some will accept just a photocopy. Some will want two different documents. It depends on the bank. Onshore and offshore UK banks seem to be more fussy than many.

A certificate of residence from Thai immigration will not do as it is written in Thai, unless of course you get it officially translated and certified. I find it easier just to send a bank statement. They usually send them back.

scarce as hens teeth, as difficult to get as corruption in antartica, just waiting for the day that the banks jump fully on the scam and confiscate all your cash, coming soon believe me. they've been faithfully nurturing this one for along time now, so the time has got to be very nigh.

------------------------

What do you mean by "legal address"?

The U.S. Social Security (pension), and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (taxes) both agree that my place of residence is in Bangkok.

So does my U.S. bank .... but I had to sign some forms they provided and return them to my bank and the Social Security to get them to acknowledge that fact.

The IRS basis my residence on my yearly tax return which I file every year.

As far as those 3 institutions are concerned I have no legal residence in the U.S.

That's the way I want it to be.

rolleyes.gif

P.S. Based on my age and my U.S. Social Security pension income in 2012 the U.S. tax laws will make my tax obligation zero.

In 2011 I had to pay $152 in U,S, income tax for that year, But, because I read the U.S. tax laws, I was able to prove to them that they had mistakenly charged me that tax based on their incorrect assumption that it was taxable.

I therefore had the IRS refund me that $152, and therefore I also actually paid no tax in 2011.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Not sure whether the OP is trying to illegally avoid taxes in the Uk, Thailand, or the US.

If he is a tourist in Thailand, he is not a resident and should pay taxes in his home country.

If he lives and works in Thailand, he should get a proper Business visa and work permit and pay his taxes here.

Sent from my LG-P698f using Thaivisa Connect App

scarce as hens teeth, as difficult to get as corruption in antartica, just waiting for the day that the banks jump fully on the scam and confiscate all your cash, coming soon believe me.

What is this all about? Some USA thing? Things are different in the EU.

I have a "legal address" in Thailand: it's the condo I've been in for over a year and for which I have a rental contract valid for another year. Cant get more legal than that. I also have a retirement visa extension in my passport, not that anyone outside of Thailand is at all interested in that.

As for scam, what scam? I have many bank accounts in Europe, all legal, and most of them have my Thai residential address. And every year I get a UK tax rebate addressed to me in Thailand. Where's the scam?

Not sure whether the OP is trying to illegally avoid taxes in the Uk, Thailand, or the US.

If he is a tourist in Thailand, he is not a resident and should pay taxes in his home country.

If he lives and works in Thailand, he should get a proper Business visa and work permit and pay his taxes here.

If he is from the UK then, unlike in the US, he is not liable to pay taxes in the UK just because he is a citizen. I am British but I pay no tax in the UK as I have no taxable income there. In fact I get my UK withholding tax rebated back to me.

I live in Thailand but I dont work here and I dont pay tax here either. That's because I'm retired and dont send any money here in the year in which I received it. So I have no taxable income here.

All perfectly legal and above board.

• Like 1

If he is from the UK then, unlike in the US, he is not liable to pay taxes in the UK just because he is a citizen. I am British but I pay no tax in the UK as I have no taxable income there. In fact I get my UK withholding tax rebated back to me.

I live in Thailand but I dont work here and I dont pay tax here either. That's because I'm retired and dont send any money here in the year in which I received it. So I have no taxable income here.

All perfectly legal and above board.

I don‘t pay taxes in Germany either, because I live in Thailand. Same situation.

I pay taxes in Thailand, because I work here. You are on a retirement visa and don‘t work here. But the OP claims he lives here but then, he is on a tourist visa. I do not understand how he is legal. Either he is s tourist or he lives here.

.... But the OP claims he lives here but then, he is on a tourist visa. I do not understand how he is legal. Either he is s tourist or he lives here.

I would reckon there are a few thousand 'tourists' living here versus tourists 'living' here. Any debate on work permits and whether the OP is somehow illegal is for another thread.

The OP is from a European country and a European bank is seeking proof of Thai domicile. Depending on exactly what nationality he is (why are these newbies all so cagey?), his embassy may or may not provide the letter of proof. Otherwise, he can get one from his local Immigration Office (once he susses out where it is).

.... But the OP claims he lives here but then, he is on a tourist visa. I do not understand how he is legal. Either he is s tourist or he lives here.

I would reckon there are a few thousand 'tourists' living here versus tourists 'living' here. Any debate on work permits and whether the OP is somehow illegal is for another thread.

The OP is from a European country and a European bank is seeking proof of Thai domicile. Depending on exactly what nationality he is (why are these newbies all so cagey?), his embassy may or may not provide the letter of proof. Otherwise, he can get one from his local Immigration Office (once he susses out where it is).

Not another Greek tax dodger is he?

Something just doesnt add up here, working on a tourist visa?

Trying to avoid taxes?

Not enough info.

you think eu bank would take all my money?

why i have to pay tax on my savings if i am in eu only 1 week per year??

i have already been scammed on this by a british regulated money service provider so where's the difference.

Any money earned in the UK, even interest and you have to pay tax on it. Even if registered as non resident for tax purposes. I would guess that's the same for other EU countries!

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

Totally incorrect.