Spare Yingluck From Doomsday, 32% Of Thais Plead

webfact

Being an ignorant must be a scary way to live.

Where is the ignorance? The percentages (in the bit concerning political leaders) add up to 100 meaning that the respondents had to chose a single 'survivor' ... there was no 'I hope they all bloody die' option, for example.

Now, elsewhere in the poll report, it says that only 8% of Thais believe the world may end this week. That compares to 12% of Americans and 20% of Chinese (http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=5610). Seems to me that Thais are not doing too badly on the ignorance meter. Though perhaps I'll be proven wrong tomorrow :-)

1. The mayans did not have leap years. By their calendars doomsday happened over 9 months ago.

i dont know how you came to this as like many other ill informed articles. of course mayan calander did not have leap years, its not based on solar years <deleted>. i suggest reading up gregorian leap years

• Like 1

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is the politician most Thais would like to see survive "doomsday"

I'm surprise only 32% of Thai choose Ms. Yingluck. I thought it was 'children and other innocents first'?

I'd like to see the entire PTP and its backers spared. Then, while we're all relaxing in the afterlife, they can squabble amongst themselves for what's left of the oxygen on the burnt out rock that used to be the Earth, and Thaksin willl finally achieve his dream of being king of the world.

• Like 1

Don't mock! 100 years ago the western world would have believed this kind of thing too!

And 98 years ago, for a large percentage of the western world's young male population, it actually did come true.

Mayan are Frang, DoNot TRUST......
  • Like 1

1. The mayans did not have leap years. By their calendars doomsday happened over 9 months ago.

i dont know how you came to this as like many other ill informed articles. of course mayan

calander did not have leap years, its not based on solar years <deleted>. i suggest reading up gregorian leap years

Ok. I have researched info on this crap. Some say happened last year, others a week ago and one guy says it's next year. Happy?

• Sad 1

Doom merchants have and always will generate new earth elimination event (EEE's) scares. There have been so many EEE's since biblical times yet none have ever stood up to attempts to verify the threat. However at least one EEE did occur at the hands of an errant asteroid. The next EEE will likely have the same MO. What will be different next time is that the event will be tracked by our astronomers from half a light year out right down to the moment that said killer asteroid can be seen by our naked eyes. Then I'll belive!