Why Do Thais Put Talc On Their Faces?

Chittychangchang

My Father, who spent almost his entire adult life in the Military would not let my Mother use Talcum Powder on any member of the family as he said they were taught way back in the late 30's that it was poison and blocks skin pores. Never used it and didn't allow my family to either but TIT and Wifey uses the ruddy stuff every day when exiting the shower. Nothing I say or do can change this as one word from me and she does exactly what she wants to do anyway !

I need it for my balls here, it's sweaty without,

i figure the same goes for face, but that isnt as itchy

Try the menthol talc on betty swallocks, invigorating indeed.

Thanks for suggestion, i might just do that, i need some invigorating after 3 very long years in dead relation

Lol even though white is considered right here, i doubt many do it to look like their more socially accepted counterparts. It probably would be taken as a highly embarrassing joke if that were the real reason. After all, there are lightening creamy and makeup in abundance here. Even lux has bar soap for the financially frugal with catchy names for the lightening game. The powdering is just another aspect of their culture many don't understand, which makes it all the better to just go and ask a Thai, if one can.

Lol even though white is considered right here, i doubt many do it to look like their more socially accepted counterparts. It probably would be taken as a highly embarrassing joke if that were the real reason. After all, there are lightening creamy and makeup in abundance here. Even lux has bar soap for the financially frugal with catchy names for the lightening game. The powdering is just another aspect of their culture many don't understand, which makes it all the better to just go and ask a Thai, if one can.

I've asked Thais and they give an assortment of reply's such as previous posts but not one definative answer. IMHO there doesn't seem like there is any rythm or reason. Btw that prickly heat powder is a life saver for the heat rashthumbsup.gif

1. to look more white,
  2. it has a cooloing afect
  3. helps take away the oil on the face
  4. to look more beautiful
  5. to sooth itcy feeling
  6. helps with heat rash

other cultures do it for those and more resons,

ask the maynmar why they do it? as some have diferent shapes, circles, srips, leaf, etc.

It's just body care. I appreciate the way Thais care for body hygiene. Have you been to countries which are famos for their perfumes? The perfume substitute water... disgusting...

I agree. Thais however don't understand that a hot shower is no substitute for antibiotics.