Majestic Restaurant Jomtien Thailand

jomtienbob

Well do you know we actually went down there on the motorbike this afternoon and parked outside.

but when I saw the corporate logo on the Majestic windows I chickened out :D

A link exists between that logo and the large building in the yard and knowing what I do think it best not to poke around.

Rimmer, excuse me for being a bit dim, but what corporate logo are you referring to? and what is the large building in the yard? (I don't know the Majestic hotel). I don't doubt you were right to back off, but what was the threat?

:o

Well do you know we actually went down there on the motorbike this afternoon and parked outside.

A link exists between that logo and the large building in the yard and knowing what I do think it best not to poke around.

Rimmer, excuse me for being a bit dim, but what corporate logo are you referring to? and what is the large building in the yard? (I don't know the Majestic hotel). I don't doubt you were right to back off, but what was the threat?

:D

Good question, check your email where all will be revealed in it's sordid glory :o

Aww c'mon JB we can't hold our breath for much longer :o

SNIP

Prove me wrong JB.... :D

I know I'll send my GF in to do some sluething, we live right across from there. :D

Did your girlfriend came back yet, Rimmer? I am starting to get worried :D

Not the Horse`s Head is it???? :D

Could someone share what's the deal? What really happened back there?

Wish I knew - still sitting here awaiting an email. Can't stand the suspense much longer - might have to go to bed to stop my blood sugars from rising. :o

All surrounded by mistery, I guess something DID happen to Rimmer and his wife after all. What do you say, a beer at the Majestic place before one o'clock? :o

I think (but am not positive) that it could have something to do with the Thai Immigration Office that the Majestic is located near/next to ?

From the OP:

"in front of many wittnesses at his restaurant, some of them being senior immigration police!"

All surrounded by mistery, I guess something DID happen to Rimmer and his wife after all. What do you say, a beer at the Majestic place before one o'clock? :o

I think (but am not positive) that it could have something to do with the Thai Immigration Office that the Majestic is located near/next to ?

From the OP:

"in front of many wittnesses at his restaurant, some of them being senior immigration police!"

Right on :D

The logos on the window are View Talay crown.

All the little shops in there are VT built and run.

View Talay gave the immigration office to the city.

Work the rest out yourself......

Unverified content SNIPPED...

Your silence is deafening, 'jomtienbob'.

The longer you fail to provide details concerning the source of the claims made in your post, the more it looks as though the whole story was a fabrication.

If your account is indeed true, all you have to do is corroborate it.

As things stand, the word 'grudge' springs to mind... :o

Is it time to close this thread?

Any votes to keep it open for the OP to give us all an update or substantiate his story?

I'd propose keeping it open for a while.

The OP may possibly come good or another member may go and check the story out.

There is also the consideration of the owners of the establishment concerned being given the right of reply, should they become aware of the claims.

Any votes to keep it open for the OP to give us all an update or substantiate his story?

There is also the consideration of the owners of the establishment concerned being given the right of reply, should they become aware of the claims.

Sounds fine to me... :o

Right on :D

The logos on the window are View Talay crown.

All the little shops in there are VT built and run.

View Talay gave the immigration office to the city.

Work the rest out yourself......

A little cryptic: but I suspect there are approximately 30 million reasons why. I am certainly not party to any of them and I am not taking the Michael! :o

Those that have been a member of TV for a few years; there will almost certainly be a thread regarding the above. :D

A most generous donation indeed. :D

Sounds fine to me... :D

I would also like it kept open. I'm still intrigued, puzzled and no doubt a lttle dim. So immigration were provided with their building by an outfit called View Talay who also have a close connection with the restaurant. That much we now know. What's that got to do with either a; the farang owner/manager headbutting a 50 kilo Thai girl during an argument over the menu, or b; someone with a grudge making up an elaborate story to hurt the business of this 'immigration- connected' establishment.

Who is View Talay?

Sorry, I don't understand where the threat is coming from :o Surely it can't be any worse than slagging off Thaksin on virually every topic on this forum? :D

Aww c'mon JB we can't hold our breath for much longer :o

SNIP

Prove me wrong JB.... :D

I know I'll send my GF in to do some sluething, we live right across from there. :D

Did your girlfriend came back yet, Rimmer? I am starting to get worried :D

So where exactly is the Majestic Bistro that you parked outside of situated, Rimmer?

Are you saying it is actually part of, or adjacent to, the Pattaya Immigration Office complex in Soi 5, Jomtien? :D

I think this thread should be closed immediately.

Any thread that publicises an alleged offence of this character without any form of reference - neither a police report nor a newspaper reference - makes TF liable for substantial libel claims.

EDIT// Just to qualify: the fact the OP names that there is a police raport, is not sufficient proof of truth.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

I think this thread should be closed immediately.

Any thread that publicises an alleged offence of this character without any form of reference - neither a police report nor a newspaper reference - makes TF liable for substantial libel claims.

I am sure "TF" will soon pipe up if that is the case, whoever "TF" are. :o

If the thread is closed at this stage without the facts being made known, the maligned business will have no chance to clear their name, if that is in fact appropriate.

Mud sticks.

I think Thomas meant TV as in ThaiVisa.

No problem with liability TM... please read the disclaimers in the Forum Rules.

Welcome back BTW.

I meant exactly as I had written: Thaivisa Thailand Expat Forum.

Thanks, Jai Dee - it's good to be back.

If everyone is happy with the legal aspects, then OK, bur personally I think we do ourselves a disservice publishing unsubstantiated allegations of this nature, where the alleged perpetrator can so easily be identified as well as his business

As someone else remarked, how do we know this is not just an OP from a rival competitor?

I agree TM........It's doubtful if the restaurant owner even reads TV. Remember a few months back, my establishment got cut to ribbons by a forum member from Cha Am. He even got 3 or 4 of his mates to slag us off, who had never been near Surin. Why? Because he was bored and wanted to see what reaction it would bring. I will not mention his name, but Thomas the Colombian drugbaron/deepdiver/and many others, was just too stupid to realise the implications that it might lead to.

I think Thomas meant TV as in ThaiVisa.

No problem with liability TM... please read the disclaimers in the Forum Rules.

Welcome back BTW.

I meant exactly as I had written: Thaivisa Thailand Expat Forum.

Thanks, Jai Dee - it's good to be back.

If everyone is happy with the legal aspects, then OK, bur personally I think we do ourselves a disservice publishing unsubstantiated allegations of this nature, where the alleged perpetrator can so easily be identified as well as his business

As someone else remarked, how do we know this is not just an OP from a rival competitor?

Thomas if all controversial issues including views expressed by the members were not allowed in an open discussion here, then this would be a very boring forum.

As it is we air quite openly these incidents and at the end of the day the thread either fizzels out or the truth comes out.

Legally I can see no liability in Law on Thai Visa :D

That's exactly why I asked if the thread should be shut down... :o

Rumours are not encouraged here at ThaiVisa, and whilst some discussion and input from locals is helpful, and some add value, we must all remember that this Forum is widely read... and we not in the business of providing or encouraging "dis-information".

As the OP has not returned to substantiate his story, I think it's time to close this thread until someone can actually verify it.

If anyone feels strongly about it's closure, please feel free to PM me (or another mod if you wish) and outline your reasons.

/Closed.