Anyone Seen Brussels Sprouts Or Parsnips 4Sale In Pattaya?

media

I saw fresh sprouts in Makro the other day. I didn't buy any because I've booked for a few Xmas buffets, all of which include them. smile.png

Never seen proper runner beans here though and would be delighted to find some. Are you sure they weren't French beans?

No French beans I often buy them at Makro,.......... Yes these were 100% runner beans, like we grow in the UK, they were pre-packed, do wish I had bought more than 1 pack..

Yes these were 100% runner beans, like we grow in the UK, they were pre-packed, do wish I had bought more than 1 pack..

Right. Those are definitely on my list next time I go. thumbsup.gif

I wonder do they come from Ethiopia like most of the ones sold in UK supermarkets these days? They are very tasty, even if they aren't exactly carbon footprint friendly.

why you need parsnips dude, thailand has array of different vegs that are way better that parsnips,

except if you use them for a hemmeroid relief, than I understand

No they havnt ,if i thought they did i would buy them ,and how do you use parsnips to cure hemroids ,i wont repeat the way i thought you did last time as some meanie took my suggestion down.

Friendship does occasionally stock fresh sprouts but the price will frighten you. I seem to remember about 60 baht for 8 or 10 sprouts.

that doesnt frighten me

As ever cheers for your Oh so useful and helpful reply......... Was actually humor which I guess you don't or can't understand.

I had to look up what are parsnips, but it seems that are disguised carrots ,

Think carrots are something like 20 Baht a kilo at Makro, put them in bleech for an hour or two and nobody sees the diference.

All jokes aside, isn't there something similar grown in Thailand ? I recall having seen something around

Edited by jbrain

I had to look up what are parsnips, but it seems that are disguised carrots ,

Think carrots are something like 20 Baht a kilo at Makro, put them in bleech for an hour or two and nobody sees the diference.

All jokes aside, isn't there something similar grown in Thailand ? I recall having seen something around

As a parsnip hater (you either love or hate them) I am pleased to say I am yet to come across anything else like them. I do understand though at this time of the year people have a hankering for comfort home country food and wish them all the best in finding Parsnips.

Frozen sprouts macro 99b kilo, but accounting for the weight of the frozen water I'd say the defrosted yield would be half so your talking about 200b kilo,

I use them whenever they have them in stock and they lose very little of their weight when heated, maybe 10-15%.

Not the same as frozen fish or so.