Jail In Thailand/cambodia

billyboy

Anyone spent time in a jail in Thailand?

I think worser (sorry if spelling is no good as its friday night and im drunk)worser would be jail in cambodia.

but getting bacjk to thailand,they say the water and food is no good,ho w come the prison guards dont look sick?

Is Bang Kwang the worse jail because im might go visit someone there.

I would like to work as a prison guard there.

How many of you have been in http://steveatbangkwang.bravehost.com/free.html

I found this link. ok is anyone who reads this forum in jail

I think worser (sorry if spelling is no good as its friday night and im drunk)worser would be jail in cambodia.

but getting bacjk to thailand,they say the water and food is no good,ho w come the prison guards dont look sick?

Oh Buddah, please spare me. Somebody please close this thread before it takes off. Billy Boy is up to his old tricks (again)

Thanks for the link, I read some of his letters and you can tell he's a decent bloke.

I signed his petition and I would encourage other TV members to do so aswell. Imagine if it was you in there or someone close to you.

Edited by Rj 81

I've just finished reading 'The Damage Done', a book by Warren Fellowes, an Aussie who served 12 years of a life sentence for drug smuggling in LOS. It's reminiscent of 'Midnight Express' and frightened the living daylights out of me. If ever crime prevention needed a manual, this is it.

Just because someone is in prison (assuming they deserve to be) doesn't mean they shouldn't be visited and so on. Fair play to visitors - if I were inside, I think I'd like someone who actually cared whether or not I lived or died.

Edited by sadman

I've just finished reading 'The Damage Done', a book by Warren Fellowes, an Aussie who served 12 years of a life sentence for drug smuggling in LOS. It's reminiscent of 'Midnight Express' and frightened the living daylights out of me. If ever crime prevention needed a manual, this is it.

Just because someone is in prison (assuming they deserve to be) doesn't mean they shouldn't be visited and so on. Fair play to visitors - if I were inside, I think I'd like someone who actually cared whether or not I lived or died.

How would you behave? I wonder how you could pay a visit without feeling as though you were doing a charity job. Would it matter to an inmate? or would it pee them off?

I feel for the guys like Warren Fellows mate, he definately got the short straw, but it happens yeah?

How would you behave? I wonder how you could pay a visit without feeling as though you were doing a charity job. Would it matter to an inmate? or would it pee them off?

I feel for the guys like Warren Fellows mate, he definately got the short straw, but it happens yeah?

Fair call.

Mate are you winding us up? You want to work as a prison guard with the name 'billyboy.' :o

I would think any prisoner would welcome a visit, whether out of charity or other honest motives, specially if you present them some food, toothpaste, books etc.

It's quite a harrowing experience, you'll have to shout across the bars amidst other visitors and inmates.

Good to hear you're drinking heavily, ol' Billyboy. It makes for better posts, doesn't it?

I think the prisons in Cambodia would be far worse, Billyboy. Especially after Bang Kwang prison completed their recent renovations. The new cells look almost tolerable:

post-9005-1140205289_thumb.jpg

If the prisoner's rooms are like this, I can't imagine how nice the guards rooms are. They must be spectacular.

Good luck and best wishes for a rewarding career in "penal inforcement."

:o

they say the water and food is no good,ho w come the prison guards dont look sick?

The guards don't look sick because they pick all the wholesome food pieces off each of the prisoner's tin plates before serving them to the prisoners, leaving only the scraps and bones covered in gravy.

Billyboy, you shouldn't be concerned about the daily prison menu, you should worry about whether or not they are distributing enough condoms to the inmates. :o

"'It's reminiscent of 'Midnight Express'"

Probably in more ways the one.

Years after the movie was made, the author of "Midnight Express" admitted that virtually the entire story was a hoax. In fact: he was smuggling drugs for himself, he was never threatened or tortured and, as an American, was treated especially well, he was released out of goodwill and didn't "escape".

"'It's reminiscent of 'Midnight Express'"

Probably in more ways the one.

Years after the movie was made, the author of "Midnight Express" admitted that virtually the entire story was a hoax. In fact: he was smuggling drugs for himself, he was never threatened or tortured and, as an American, was treated especially well, he was released out of goodwill and didn't "escape".

Yeah, but the truth wouldn't have made as good of a story or movie, and wouldn't have made him as much money. Same thing applies to other stories that have been spread over the years (thousands of years in fact)

As for billyboy's dreams of becoming a prison guard at Bang Kwan. Yeah right. When did the Thai prison system start hiring farangs for guards ? Not too mention that the pay (even with "extras") would suck.

I read some of that website from the guy in prison but it's old hat.

Here is a summary if you don't want to waste time

a) Thai prisons aren't too nice

B ) You get long sentences for trying to smuggle drugs in Thailand (what a revelation that is)

c) The British government isn't particularly concerned about UK drug smugglers serving prison sentences in Thai jails (far better things to do it would seem)

Edited by leftcross

As this subject has been discussed very recently at great length in If You Have Time.. These Guys Could Do With A Visit and has had over 4,700 views, quite a few have visited that site I would say.

"Is Bang Kwang the worse jail because im might go visit someone there.

I would like to work as a prison guard there." :o