Staying 80Days Without A Visa

Good morning, going to BKK from Europe early January on short notice, returning end of March.

Since I could not get a Tourist Visa before the holidays but leaving for BKK before re-opening of consulates I am wondering what is the best option?

Stay on exemption for 30 days, then obtain Tourist Visa in neighboring country?

The consulate worker recommended tea money at immigration in BKK to extend exemption (!?) for a week or two, followed by border run (air) for another 30 days.

Any thoughts well appreciated!

Consulates closed? Hull seems to be open next week, much better to get a visa in advance, you've even got time to do it by post. Don't forget that the airlines from the UK get a bit picky about traveling without a visa if you don't have onward travel within 30 days.

If you have a ticket out of Thailand then coming without a visa is OK as long as it is within those 30 days. The ticket can be an onward ticket to a nearby country. You could buy a ticket to KL Malaysia and get your tourist visa there.

Thanks! I am flying out of Prague and currently staying near Dresden, Germany. Consulates in Germany are closed until Jan. 5 I was told at the consulate here. At closer look this seems not to be the case as Berlin should be open. Thanks for the hint and for the note on proof of onward journey!