Chiang Mai To Declare All Districts Disaster Zones Affected By Cold Spell.

Lite Beer

Chiang Mai to declare all districts disaster zones affected by cold spell.

20121223114153-640x390x2.jpg

CHIANG MAI, Dec 23 - The northern province of Chiang Mai plans to declare all districts disaster zones affected by the cold spell as the temperature is forecast to drop further this week.

Chiang Mai governor Thanin Supasaen orders all 11 districts to help local residents affected by the cold snap. So far, five districts have not yet been declared as disaster zones.

An initial survey finds 90,000 households in need of almost 200,000 pieces of winter clothing. Local authorities have already distributed about 4,000 blankets to affected people.

The province has expedited disbursing a budget of one million baht to each district and announced receiving donation from various organizations.

The local meteorological department office reported that temperatures are forecasted to fall by 4-7 degrees Celsius in the North and Northeast from December 23-26, according to Charin Laohacharoenchai, director of the northern meteorological office.

In the northern province of Chiang Mai, the temperature has dropped 2-4 degrees Celsius. The temperature on the plains stayed at around 16 degree Celsius and dropped to zero on mountaintops, falling a further 3-5 degree Celsius later this week. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-12-23

Funny yeah climate play crazy worldwide , in my home country was minus 15 in the night and now plus 17 and no snow

If it was "crazy" then I could accept that it was a disaster. That it happens at the same time every year, and is not really out of the ordinary, would IMO not make it a disaster.

Nothing like a change in the weather to bring out the knockers, Hey lets blame the Thais for the cold weather.

It's George Bush's fault. 16 C isn't really cold....maybe I'll get in the coat/blanket business and make a bunch of baht next year when this unexpectedly happens again.....

Here in north east s very windy day and 15 degree instead of 22 in night so it's getting little bit colder, but still I not see any sign of emergency!

Maybe the dogs in the village that never stops crying in the night knows more, I will go and ask them if I will find something out I will inform you first!

If this real dangerous emergency situation not stop , maybe the first snow come in Thailand, on top of doi inthanon, and we can go together and build the first snowman ever see in tropical region!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• 4 weeks later...

Funny yeah climate play crazy worldwide , in my home country was minus 15 in the night and now plus 17 and no snow

If it was "crazy" then I could accept that it was a disaster. That it happens at the same time every year, and is not really out of the ordinary, would IMO not make it a disaster.

It is all about having access to corrupt funds thumbsup.gif