Do I Really Need A Room Reservation For The 30Th/31St/1St?

Hairy

I've been calling around in Pattaya trying to book a room for two nights, arriving the 30th, leaving the 1st.

All the hotels want a credit card to hold a room. I don't have one right now; I recently took a job in Taiwan and the banks here turn out to refuse credit to us foreign devils because we earn at least 1.5X what the locals earn by law in order to be allowed a work permit, er, I mean because we're unreliable and skip out on our bills at a moment's notice just like the locals do. My U.S. bank, meanwhile, decided "ZOMG he's not in the USA we better cut off his card in case it gets stolen and fraudded!"

Anyway, so I'm <deleted> on credit cards right now.

Am I going to be able to find a room if I just show up with $300 in cash? I don't require a 5-star hotel, but by the same token I really don't want to stay in another roach motel like last time.

For 300$ you can stay at my house for 2 nights, and I might throw in a free breakfast.

For $350 he might wear clothes while walking around in the morning

HE, has to wear clothes in the morning or the price doubles. SHE can get a discount for not wearing clothes.
  • Like 2

A lot of hotels in Pattaya are full over the new year or at least asking silly money, some we have looked up are imposing a compulsory "gala dinner" costing in the region of 8,000 Baht per person. We have decided to stay in Bangkok for for the hols.

You mean, no 350 Baht buffet at the Hilton on new years eve w00t.gif

For 300$ you can stay at my house for 2 nights, and I might throw in a free breakfast.

Does that price include a Goblin Teasmaid?

Allriight I see UK in your username. F.Y.I. Teasmades are a thing of the past in the rest of the world for at least 40 years already biggrin.png

Allriight I see UK in your username. F.Y.I. Teasmades are a thing of the past in the rest of the world for at least 40 years already biggrin.png

Dont think you understand Brit humour, the clue is in "goblin" from the slang gobble.

Dont think you understand Brit humour, the clue is in "goblin" from the slang gobble.

Indeed I didn't get it, apologies if I offended wai.gif

Try Agoda for some ideas-they have been having sales some rooms from $25. Find the advertised hotels phone number or email address and contact them.

check the total at the end with agoda,i was going to book a cheap hotel 1500bht a room but after checking the total cost the hotel was charging a compulsory 3500bht for a gala dinner on nye,seem a very commonadd on new years charge fro some hotels

Many of the higher end hotels in Pattaya (Marriot for example) will charge you a surcharge for NYE and XMAS for the party that they have. It doesn't matter if you intend to attend or not, they will add it to your bill if you stay during that period.

I would also add that from my own personal experience in years past that NYE is the hardest night of the year to get a room in Pattaya. How that plays out this year I cannot say.

Edited by Jayman