Pheu Thai To Seek 24 Million Votes; Bowing To Thaksin, Abhisit Says: Referendum

webfact

Sure that's the only way for Thailand people's to develop the the future. Abhisit and Democratic Party has nothing good to offer the Thai people's, only hunting Khun Thaksin , order from there's cronys.

BEFORE WONDERS ARE DONE. the crooks need to be caught! anything less than that is only surmounting problems with these crooks. All fields of discipline are united on this... As a Doctor... you first have to diagnose the patient...and take action. Talking about anything else is called hoodwinking! GET REAL / this Thaksin guy ran away after creating chaos.... lost face in Asia and got an European Passport to help him to travel again. Not even China offered that gesture...let alone his buddies in Hong Kong. Call a spade a spade. Justice is only done and implemented when those who head it can recognise the difference between true and false.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin is corrupt! He knows it the western world knows it and those farmers who were given a carrot in exchange for their land. It repeats again... subsidaries on cars etc... but the collecting agents and the options are a repeat in a new form... This is not Thai..... this is chinese thinking.

If the "Thai's" think along the same lines as the "foreigners", then based on the rather heated "debates" here on TV amongst the (mostly) foreigners, there is never going to be any "reconciliation" whatsoever here in Thailand. The 2 x sides are so far apart on what each thinks that there simply is no middle ground anymore. Neither will back down or compromise, neither will make any accommodations with the other, neither will accept anything less than what "they" want. So what's the answer or solution?

Some of Abhisit's statements quoted in this article are not very constructive. Almost every utterance of his includes a Thaksin reference, He seems to be 'hard wired' into this change the conversation mold. Not smart. This can be easily turned on him as follows:

• The bit about 'bowing to Thaksin" - Who was he bowing to when hoisted into the PM position. I'm sure there were many. No-one believes he was a "lone ranger"...Not then...Not now.
  • Twice in these quotes, he uses the old saw of preferencing a Thaksin reference with the agenized-laden "fugitive' label, erroneously avoiding 'political exile' reality. The Media can now do likewise with him, quite correctly preferencing his name with "Alleged murderer". For reasons we can all speculate about, I don't think this will happen.

I noticed a strong contingent of Red Shirts on the Bonanza stage on Saturday, suggesting the UDD is working hard in the South drumming up support. Democrat Party blanket political ownership of that area may be weakening a tad.

I don't understand why the "bar" will be higher this time, than when a coup administration held a similar referendum. At that time it was a simple majority for approval, while now, this article suggests it needs to be 50%-plus. But then the coup was not Democratic to start with, and was not there at voter behest. That probably gave them more arbitrary, non-democratic powers to set their own standards. Democratic governance not being one of them.

Don't you mean prefacing?

Thank you!

Some of Abhisit's statements quoted in this article are not very constructive. Almost every utterance of his includes a Thaksin reference, He seems to be 'hard wired' into this change the conversation mold. Not smart. This can be easily turned on him as follows:

• The bit about 'bowing to Thaksin" - Who was he bowing to when hoisted into the PM position. I'm sure there were many. No-one believes he was a "lone ranger"...Not then...Not now.
  • Twice in these quotes, he uses the old saw of preferencing a Thaksin reference with the agenized-laden "fugitive' label, erroneously avoiding 'political exile' reality. The Media can now do likewise with him, quite correctly preferencing his name with "Alleged murderer". For reasons we can all speculate about, I don't think this will happen.

I noticed a strong contingent of Red Shirts on the Bonanza stage on Saturday, suggesting the UDD is working hard in the South drumming up support. Democrat Party blanket political ownership of that area may be weakening a tad.

I don't understand why the "bar" will be higher this time, than when a coup administration held a similar referendum. At that time it was a simple majority for approval, while now, this article suggests it needs to be 50%-plus. But then the coup was not Democratic to start with, and was not there at voter behest. That probably gave them more arbitrary, non-democratic powers to set their own standards. Democratic governance not being one of them.

You seem to be a bit sensitive about the 'bowing to Thaksin' statement.

But Thaksin thinks, Pheua Thai does.

Pheua Thai is run by one family- Thaksin , Yaowapa, and Yingluk.

2 days ago Chalerm and Jatupon were against the referendum, now suddenly they support it- after the world's greatest liar said he was in favour.

True democracy Pheua Thai style, Thaksin decides everything!

Because he ie IS a fugitive, in the true description of the word, don't understand why you make anything further of it.

Agree.

Let's keep count of how many times righteous tries the 'politically motivated' conviction angle, in regard to the actual situation (indisputable fact, with many photos available) of the paymaster illegally signing a document which allowed his then wife to buy the land, straight forward, no maybe, account of serious abuse of power.

Edited by scorecard

If the "Thai's" think along the same lines as the "foreigners", then based on the rather heated "debates" here on TV amongst the (mostly) foreigners, there is never going to be any "reconciliation" whatsoever here in Thailand. The 2 x sides are so far apart on what each thinks that there simply is no middle ground anymore. Neither will back down or compromise, neither will make any accommodations with the other, neither will accept anything less than what "they" want. So what's the answer or solution?

Convicted people do their time and honest people reconcile. Why does reconciliation need to be tied to the pardon of someone convicted of a crime. List the charges not yet proceeded with against the Ex-PM in exile and work out for yourself if the issue is Political or criminal. There really is only one answer.

Excellent question.

I may quibble with the notion of there being extra-ordinary political divisions in Thailand more than anywhere else. Things are pretty heated in other countries also, with respect to Politics. Just the nature of the beast. The only difference I see, is perhaps the attitude of the minority side of this political divide thinking they are God's gift to Thailand, and anyone governing other than themselves, must be taking the country on a path to armageddon. They can't understand why the electorate doesn't see that, making them quite comfortable in doing away with elections altogether if they could. It is the vein of thought out of which comes the condemnation of all Politicians as a class. Demonization far exceeding normal jibes at lawyers and politicians.

The answer to your question?........IMHO is continuance of Electoral Democracy, with hopefully some professionalizing of it. In spite of all its' weaknesses and blights that are obvious to everyone, especially those of us from mature Western Democracies. I cannot think of anything better to keep things somewhat politically organized. We have seen the alternatives born from the 2006 Coup caper, when those who consider themselves 'born to lead Thailand" - elections be damned - couldn't contain themselves.

Edited by righteous
  • Like 1

Excellent question.

I may quibble with the notion of there being extra-ordinary political divisions in Thailand more than anywhere else. Things are pretty heated in other countries also, with respect to Politics. Just the nature of the beast. The only difference I see, is perhaps the attitude of the minority side of this political divide thinking they are God's gift to Thailand, and anyone governing other than themselves, must be taking the country on a path to armageddon. They can't understand why the electorate doesn't see that, making them quite comfortable in doing away with elections altogether if they could. It is the vein of thought out of which comes the condemnation of all Politicians as a class. Demonization far exceeding normal jibes at lawyers and politicians.

The answer to your question?........IMHO is continuance of Electoral Democracy, with hopefully some professionalizing of it. In spite of all its' weaknesses and blights that are obvious to everyone, especially those of us from mature Western Democracies. I cannot think of anything better to keep things somewhat politically organized. We have seen the alternatives born from the 2006 Coup caper, when those who consider themselves 'born to lead Thailand" - elections be damned - couldn't contain themselves.

Convicted people do their time and honest people reconcile. Why does reconciliation need to be tied to the pardon of someone convicted of a crime. List the charges not yet proceeded with against the Ex-PM in exile and work out for yourself if the issue is Political or criminal. There really is only one answer.

Righteous you really should rerthink your definitions of political and criminal voluntary exile.

Your false claim that the May 2006 coup was an attempt to overthrow democracy rather than an attempt to reduce, if not stop, rampant corruption is easily refuted by the fact that "elections be damned" were held 19 months later. This would seem to be as soon as it was possible to arrange for anti-corruption measures to be installed in the current constitution - measures which of course must be removed to allow a return of the criminal (absolved) and the level of corruption he enjoyed.

• Like 1

Bonanza in the South? Have you actually ever been to Thailand? Bonanza Resort is north of Bangkok.

And there was me thinking that Righteous was there. He probably gate-crashed a rubber-grower's convention.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

Excellent question.

Ten lines of rubbish.

the yellow brigade is at it again.

one claims that having a sister as PM makes calling someone a political exile as idiotic. another wants a child's description of the differences between the two terms, and a third spouts more sibling nonsense, while another just whips out the dictionary as if that proves something.

thaksin is a political exile. he is a fugitive only if you buy into the legitimacy of a non-elected coup-based government and the court system created by it.

which apparently many in this forum do buy into. oh, and the oft, almost sole, news source does too

What court system are you referring to?

Bonanza in the South? Have you actually ever been to Thailand? Bonanza Resort is north of Bangkok.

And there was me thinking that Righteous was there. He probably gate-crashed a rubber-grower's convention.

Yeah, I wasn't clear on that.

Late Saturday night, I observed a large group of Red Shirts being featured on the stage at Bonanza, hailing from the South.

Must have been very cold

you know about the diff tween the government (hint, PM) and the courts (hint; junta-installed)

and dont even get me started on what the heck he was actually convicted of (hint: following the law and signing his name in broad daylight - clap2.gif )

JHC (happy belated bday, btw) you guys are amazing thailand

Which courts are junta installed?

Just one Point, you seem to be trying to create a picture where abhisit mentioning thaksin is somehow very wrong.

Why should that Be?

Perhaps, righteous you could explain why this is wrong, and if you really want to pursue this as a valid point, you could explain why the pt / red shirt rabble trying to sue / charge abhisit with everything expect perhaps bad weather, is fair and reasonable, but abhisit mentioning thaksin is not reasonable.

Here's another point re calgaryl 11.

calgayll 1 never replied to comments / responses from tv members which questioned the validity etc., of his/her comments / proved his/her comments were untruthful. etc. Just kept on quoting the same perception management words / phrases, often continuing to quote things proved to be false or untruthful.

So let's see if righteous does the same.

you know about the diff tween the government (hint, PM) and the courts (hint; junta-installed)

and dont even get me started on what the heck he was actually convicted of (hint: following the law and signing his name in broad daylight - clap2.gif )

Wow:

1. He signed a document (on behalf of the state - in his role as PM) authorizing the sale of land to his then wife. The Thai law (same in many countries) for very good reasons totally prohibits politicians and their families from buying state property. Very straight forward clear cut case of serious, knowlingly, abuse of authority / abuse of power.

You said: "following the law and signing his name in broad daylight - clap2.gif ") :

You seem to be suggesting he was correctly following the appropriate law. Wrong, he was deliberately breaking the law. The paymaster has quite some business experience, he had lawyers on his personal staff, his wife had lawyers on her personal, and she also has vast business experience. It doesn't wash that they didn't know this action was breaking a serious law. And in any case ignorance of the law is no excuse - a standard tenant of law in any country.

The government officials who were part of the photo op all knew that this action was breaking serious laws. Not one of them spoke up.

Why? Simple answer, they were all terrified of the man who had by this stage in his political career decided very clearly that he was above the law.

2. The court heard the case and convicted him and sentenced him to 2 years jail with the right of appeal. He never appealed. The case was heard and completed, and judgement handed down whilst the paymasters own party were in power and the paymasters puppet was sitting in the PM chair.

Does that make if fairly clear?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Just one Point, you seem to be trying to create a picture where abhisit mentioning thaksin is somehow very wrong.

Why should that Be?

Perhaps, righteous you could explain why this is wrong, and if you really want to pursue this as a valid point, you could explain why the pt / red shirt rabble trying to sue / charge abhisit with everything expect perhaps bad weather, is fair and reasonable, but abhisit mentioning thaksin is not reasonable.

Here's another point re calgaryl 11.

calgayll 1 never replied to comments / responses from tv members which questioned the validity etc., of his/her comments / proved his/her comments were untruthful. etc. Just kept on quoting the same perception management words / phrases, often continuing to quote things proved to be false or untruthful.

So let's see if righteous does the same.

what ARE you rambling about here. get a grip on yourself dude and just figure out the answer to your own question - why is it "not very constructive" for abhisit to claim that the directive to change the charter is "bowing" to thaksin?

it isnt constructive. thats a valid point.

whyd he do it

cause he doesnt have a good argument against the pt government. if the government ran on a platform including a more democratic charter, then that is part of the platform. they have every right to work on changing the constitution to make it more democratic just as they promised. abhisit knows this. his government, never elected by the people by the way, had the nerve to change the charter too. not to make if more democratic tho just to give them more seats in parliament by changing the rules. yeah thats right. so abhisit doesnt have any cards to play in this round except to continue what he did all year which is to be as obstructionist and fearmongering as possible. its delayed the last election promise to be kept so far.

• Like 1

The worrying part of this Referendum to change the Constitution is not that PTP has the peoples permission to change the Constitution,should they win,and trust PTP to alter it accordingly!

But more important what are the changes the people have inadvertantly given permission to? Shouldn't the Referendum contain exactly what the proposed changes should be?

This looks like a Thaksin Charter to gain entry back to Thailand, by the back door route! with no criminal charges waiting for him.

The first referendum is to basically ask "Do you want to have a group of people write a new constitution?" There will be a second referendum to ask "Do you accept the new constitution?"

That sounds a bit odd,why not do it in one Referendum?

• Like 1

Wow:

1. He signed a document (on behalf of the state - in his role as PM) authorizing the sale of land to his then wife. The Thai law (same in many countries) for very good reasons totally prohibits politicians and their families from buying state property. Very straight forward clear cut case of serious, knowlingly, abuse of authority / abuse of power.

2. The court heard the case and convicted him and sentenced him to 2 years jail with the right of appeal. He never appealed. The case was heard and completed, judgement handed down whilst the paymasters own party were in power and the paymasters puppet was sitting in the PM chair.

wow,

point one is completely wrong. no wonder youre confused

point two - wow again - you and waza seem to be confused in the same way.

yeah its clear that you don't have a clue about what you are posting.

So instead of giving some facts you just contiue to write things about 'confused, but with no explanation.

So enlighten us all with new and detailed information which proves a different picture of facts specific to the land case.

Edited by scorecard

Wow:

2. The court heard the case and convicted him and sentenced him to 2 years jail with the right of appeal. He never appealed. The case was heard and completed, judgement handed down whilst the paymasters own party were in power and the paymasters puppet was sitting in the PM chair.

wow,

point one is completely wrong. no wonder youre confused

point two - wow again - you and waza seem to be confused in the same way.

yeah its clear that you don't have a clue about what you are posting.

So instead of giving some facts you just contiue to write things about 'confused, but with no explanation.

So enlighten us all with new and detailed information which proves a different picture of facts specific to the land case.

i stick to the old facts - the ones from the actual case. its all out there and has been documented over and over and over again since the conviction.

it is more the point that posters keep ignoring the facts and never worry about explaining their positions or providing support for their mistaken position since its obvious that the guilty verdict is enough and how it came about and what it was about is not important. guilty as charged!!

if you have no idea why your first point is just completely wrong then you need to do your OWN homework and get your facts straight on the case. and the second point about being convicted while the reincarnated trt was in power - well if the problem with making such a logical error isnt obvious then there is no help that i can offer and that just reinforces to me the fact that you should do your own homework on point 1

hugo6

"i stick to the old facts - the ones from the actual case. its all out there and has been documented over and over and over again since the conviction.

it is more the point that posters keep ignoring the facts and never worry about explaining their positions or providing support for their mistaken position since its obvious that the guilty verdict is enough and how it came about and what it was about is not important. guilty as charged!!

if you have no idea why your first point is just completely wrong then you need to do your OWN homework and get your facts straight on the case. and the second point about being convicted while the reincarnated trt was in power - well if the problem with making such a logical error isnt obvious then there is no help that i can offer and that just reinforces to me the fact that you should do your own homework on point 1"

So you don't answer my question, just more nasty but no real detail comment trying to make other posters look small.

Your strategy just confirms my suspicion that you are another calgaryll clone.

• "Some of Abhisit's statements quoted in this article are not very constructive. Almost every utterance of his includes a Thaksin reference"

• And what else do you think this is all about? if not White Washing Thaksins Crimes,so that he can return to Thailand,without going to Prison?

Edited by MAJIC

"[We] will use all the state's mechanisms at our disposal, be it the Interior Ministry, the military and other state agencies to help cajole the public to vote. MPs will also come up with targets of how many people they get to come out to vote," said the source.

Be interesting to see how the military will be used to 'cajole' the public to vote!

When this was done prior to the referendum for the current constitution, it was decried as intimidation. Now it is apparently acceptable.

Where does Cajole begin,and force or buy take over?

Edited by metisdead
: Bold removed.

Enter calargill II. Same sentence construction etc., trying to get everybody to focus on deliberately constructed perception management points.

Yes, with the usual red-shirt slogans thrown in.

He says he noticed a contingent of red-shirts on the stage at Bonanza (was he there?) attempting to drum up support in the south. I think they may well be out-intimidated there.

Yes, just like calgarill, always in every place in Thailand, every hour, every minute, always has instant access to everybody / everything every minute of every day,

What bullshXt!

Cargarill trfied the same thing, eventually painted himself / herself into the 'no credibility in any direction' corner.

Here we go again.

Never being able to Post,without referring to the Coup,is another dead giveaway!

Enter calargill II. Same sentence construction etc., trying to get everybody to focus on deliberately constructed perception management points.

Yes, with the usual red-shirt slogans thrown in.

He says he noticed a contingent of red-shirts on the stage at Bonanza (was he there?) attempting to drum up support in the south. I think they may well be out-intimidated there.

Yes, just like calgarill, always in every place in Thailand, every hour, every minute, always has instant access to everybody / everything every minute of every day,

What bullshXt!

Cargarill trfied the same thing, eventually painted himself / herself into the 'no credibility in any direction' corner.

Here we go again.

Never being able to Post,without referring to the Coup,is another dead giveaway!

why not mention the coup. that was key to the conflicts which followed.

as for always mentioning - some posters cant go 2 posts without blming thaksin for all the evil in thailand

@ Hugo6

I suspect you are either new to Thailand and/or Thai History. Seems you didn't know that Thaksin stood down as PM,and dismantled his Government pending a new election,and went to America,to address the UN,while he was gone the Coup took place,so hardly got thrown out of Office,by the the Military Coup eh?

The Coup turned out to be a Bloodless Coup,which was accepted and favourable by the majority of the people! and as promised by the Military, they gave the people free Elections,within their promised time scale.

That must have been the most easy going Coup in Thai History!

Footnote: he never did get to address the UN,and shortly after left the USA,a man searching the World for refuge! ....with limited success.

Edited by MAJIC

Interesting that Thaksin favours a referendum. I think its a mis-step on his part; he is shrewd, so does he have something up his sleeve to achieve the required number of votes? Or is he deluding himself on his own 'popularity'? All it takes for people wont don't like him or indifferent to him or the constitutional amendments to stay at home, it will take a lot of cash to get people out to vote.

He has pumped a huge amount of cash into the coffers of his supporters through the rice pledging scam and flood prevention schemes, maybe now he wants a favour in return.

Edited by longway