Big Choppers

hughden

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, chopper bikers are usually fat and mostly pathetic, I know some good guys though, but very hard to find.

Yep, everything about this whole Harley Davidson/chopper/whatever thing is a load of pathetic nonsense. Arrogant, selfish, intrusive and antisocial people who don't really care who they offend with their noisy, spluttering and hideous machines.

You might say that I find the Harley culture repugnant! That's true. There are several Canadians living close to me and one of these people, who has the personal qualities of a louse, is infatuated with his out-of-tune, unsilenced machine. My two-year old daughter thought that her young world had come to an end when this person started his ugly heap of chrome right beside her. :D:o

I left the show at 130am last night and it was chaos, unfortunatley there was one sad death already on friday in pattaya lets hope there is'nt more to follow. :D

The whole event was superb, thousands of visitors, best one i've seen in thailand so far in IMO. :o

Dave - reading all these judgemental postings on guys with big choppers - was it you I saw half-an-hour ago, leaving your house on a noisy two-wheeled machine? (Just after that down-pour that flooded the street) I thought you preferred the big truck?

Yeah, chopper bikers are usually fat and mostly pathetic, I know some good guys though, but very hard to find.

Yep, everything about this whole Harley Davidson/chopper/whatever thing is a load of pathetic nonsense. Arrogant, selfish, intrusive and antisocial people who don't really care who they offend with their noisy, spluttering and hideous machines.

You might say that I find the Harley culture repugnant! That's true. There are several Canadians living close to me and one of these people, who has the personal qualities of a louse, is infatuated with his out-of-tune, unsilenced machine. My two-year old daughter thought that her young world had come to an end when this person started his ugly heap of chrome right beside her. :D:o

:D

I left the show at 130am last night and it was chaos, unfortunatley there was one sad death already on friday in pattaya lets hope there is'nt more to follow. :D

The whole event was superb, thousands of visitors, best one i've seen in thailand so far in IMO. :D

Dave - reading all these judgemental postings on guys with big choppers - was it you I saw half-an-hour ago, leaving your house on a noisy two-wheeled machine? (Just after that down-pour that flooded the street) I thought you preferred the big truck?

Yup that was me :D (bike was equipped with a thunderheader for extra noise)

Edited by davethailand

Yeah, chopper bikers are usually fat and mostly pathetic.

You might say that I find the Harley culture repugnant!

With very small...? :o

The louder the better ..Don't you watch American Chopper.The best TV programe to ever come out of the USA. :D

The louder the better ..Don't you watch American Chopper.The best TV programe to ever come out of the USA. :D

what about Tom and Jerry ? :D

SNIP

Love the bikes and the shear artistry of them.

love American Chopper never miss and episode.

But don't like the noise they make, frightens me being the old f*rt that I am :o

what about Tom and Jerry ? :D

Forgot about cartoons... :D:D

Yup that was me :D (bike was equipped with a thunderheader for extra noise)

That just says it all, doesn't it? :D

Where do you live?

What time are you asleep by?

You can judge the noise for yourself. :D

:D

I was only at the show for an hour or so as I had some private business to take care of down in Walking St :o However, very impressed with the quality of bikes there.

I think Kringle will be posting some pics soon...

Where do you live?

What time are you asleep by?

You can judge the noise for yourself. :o

I am sorry Dave but I don't understand the significance of your posting as my place of residence and my sleeping pattern are irrelevant to this topic.

If you will look back to my posting (Post #11), I will give you some additional information about the young world of my two-year old daughter subsequent to this intrusion into her life by this adolescent 40-50 year old Harley driver. For six months after the incident, she was petrified about anything with two wheels; even the appearance of a bicycle would frighten her.

I tried to appeal to any better nature that this person might have had but he proved to be either totally insensitive or an ignorant toss-pot....probably both. I'm not saying that he is typical of big bike riders but I've yet to see a Harley rider behave with any sense of social responsibility. Anyway, can anyone tell me what are the psychological or personality glitsches that make Harley riders enjoy disturbing, and giving offence to, the majority of people.

Even the names of many of these big bikes are anti-social, offensive and pointless...."Intruder", "Invader", "Marauder", "Phantom" :D . I ask you....isn't that something else? :D

"Harley Davidson" or Ardly ablesome, as they are also known.

In the late eighties they were renowned for being "garbage!"

Then they hired some PR guy to boost their image, did a good job didn't he? Ride an agricultural vehicle & be cool!

Convinced many aging men they can dress up, spend a fortune and act a part that probably scared them in there younger days, all a little sad really? They finally fit in?

American Chopper doubtless builds good looking bikes, totally impractical and virtually un-ride able in anything but a straight line, but hey if you look good - who cares.

Old Isaan saying "there's nowt as strange as folks" :o:D

"Harley Davidson" or Ardly ablesome, as they are also known.

In the late eighties they were renowned for being "garbage!"

Then they hired some PR guy to boost their image, did a good job didn't he? Ride an agricultural vehicle & be cool!

Convinced many aging men they can dress up, spend a fortune and act a part that probably scared them in there younger days, all a little sad really? They finally fit in?

American Chopper doubtless builds good looking bikes, totally impractical and virtually un-ride able in anything but a straight line, but hey if you look good - who cares.

Old Isaan saying "there's nowt as strange as folks" :o:D

That was good CGW. At the risk of sounding like a stuck gramophone record, these monstrosities have got to be the most inefficient and out-dated machinery on wheels. Garbage indeed. Do they still use push rods? (For the youngsters on the Forum...a gramophone is an antique record player; the sound of the vibrating needle is amplified acoustically.".......got to be some link with a Harley Davidson).

"H ell's Angels", "Grim Reapers", "Bandidos", "Outlaws".....I can't find a good word, written or said, about this pathetic culture. Yes...as you say, it is sad.

That was good CGW. At the risk of sounding like a stuck gramophone record, these monstrosities have got to be the most inefficient and out-dated machinery on wheels. Garbage indeed. Do they still use push rods? (For the youngsters on the Forum...a gramophone is an antique record player; the sound of the vibrating needle is amplified acoustically.".......got to be some link with a Harley Davidson).

Some of the new "ardlys" now have "cams" only in the last cople of years!!!

One of the "bolt ons" for the Wannabe ardlys is "bolt on" push rod covers! get a life :o

Cheers :D

Dave, I have been riding bikes for over thirty years and was in the bussiness for some years.

Big Bikes - IMHO have to essentially do three things Go - preferably fast, no point having a big bike otherwise, Stop - important!, and handle - good supension and steering geometry, if they also look good - great, if the bike is put together correctly it will.

"ardlys" and the majority of "choppers don't fill this criteria, the average 150 will leave them standing.

So why ride them, (the majority don't have a clue how to ride anyway! Not all.) It's a pose? :o

Cheers