Moderating Issues

Stephen Cleary

Without a doubt, a lot of the moderators 'do a good a good job' here.

However, let me explain that 'moderators ought to be more understanding of newbies'

I have only been a member of Thai-Visa Forums for a relatively short time time but i 'have been a guest for much longer'.

Throughout my time at TV, i have read a myriad of times, the likes of (posted by moderators) "We have already discussed this topic before. Topic Closed"

The moderators have to understand that there have, and always will be a selective amount of 'topics' discussion which...through time..... will come to a standstill. If the moderators get in the habit of closing a potential thread which has already been 'discussed' then they could well...be 'shooting themselves in the foot'. That is to say, that before long - there will be little to discuss at TV anymore - and eventually you will see a 'demise' in your viewership.

In my opinion, TV has a steady influx of newbies - so let them have the opportunity to discuss 'topics' which have already been 'discussed'. As, of course, they weren't around when the 'first thread on the topic' went through.

The moderator and the likes of Mr George, have to sit down and contemplate this 'predicament'. To close threads which already talked about, as it is boring to the oldie-members? or to discuss such threads again as they are interesting to newbies?

It is known that a Forum will not survive without both a few of its 'oldies' and especially its... 'newbies'.

Suggested by;

Steve Suphan

Edited by stevesuphan