How To Remove The Yahoo Line

soontheplayoffs

Sorry to be thick STPO but wot's a c cleaner (C:\drive maybe?) and what do you mean 'under adressess? For the lisdexlic amongst us can you spell it out a bit more clearly please.

I think soontheplayoffs is referring to the "Yahoo Toolbar."

Generally my recommendation is to just Download Firefox and install. Many of these things make it hard to get rid of them.

Anybody know another way?

Yeh that'll do it :o

Firefox is a much better browser every which way.

"CCleaner" is a free junk removal application and stands for "Crap Cleaner". I've used it for a long time and I think that it's a neat and effective piece of software. After downloading the installation file and starting the set-up, the set-up configuration window gives the option of installing the CCleaner Yahoo! Toolbar. The default is to add this toolbar but if the OP had unticked the option, the Yahoo! Toolbar would not have been installed.

System Restore would return the OP's system to a point prior to installing CCleaner. Then he/she could reinstall but without the Yahoo! Toolbar.

post-3503-1140423300_thumb.jpg

Another option is to remove the Yahoo! Toolbar (over 45 MB!) using the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

I think soontheplayoffs is referring to the "Yahoo Toolbar."

Generally my recommendation is to just Download Firefox and install. Many of these things make it hard to get rid of them.

Anybody know another way?

Yeh that'll do it :o

Firefox is a much better browser every which way.

Yup, I'll second that, or if for some reason you don't like "Firefox" you can try "Opera", which also has all the options as the Yahoo Toolbar, plus more +++!

I would have to back up everyones advice and say to use Firefox.

It is very easy to use and has a lot more customisable options if you want to get into it plus added security.

But it sounds like you have installed the yahoo toolbar.

To remove click. VIEW then TOOLBARS and then uncheck YAHOO! COMPANION.

Hope this helps