The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

5 hours ago, sncoem said:

Warning ! Thai food at Hungry hippo is so disgusting ! super oily and nowhere near the real taste

Hmm, I haven't been for a few weeks now because of lockdown but this shocked me. I found it a place where one needs to select what they do best, and I might complain that a few months back, a favorite plate of mine there was truly awful... I hope you are being overly negative and the HH is not on a downward spiral.  What do you mean by foreigner? Almost 100% it will be a Thai... maybe they lost their regular cook. 

Try Cheap Charlies up the street..... if you think Kiss is acceptable then surely it will suit you. 

• Haha 2

hello, can someone tell me which restaurants in Pattaya delivers for free Thai food dishes for 100 thb each WITHOUT RICE ?

I do not eat rice and usually in BKK pay 100 thb for my Thai dishes without rice (no rice = more chicken).

In the past I ate at Kiss and food restaurant but I am not sure if they deliver and are still open ? And it seems sometimes unusual for some other restaurants to sell dishes without rice, so they do not even offer a price for these dishes.

If you know any restaurant where they sell thai dishes for a maximum of 100 baht please tell me and I will try to find if they deliver.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2021 at 12:08 AM, sncoem said:

I like cheap food (not cheap actually but honest!) at places like Kiss, but this hungry hippo is the worst of any of the worst places where I ate in this country !

IMO you are right about Hungry Hippo. Kiss is not the gourmet place for sure, anyway they offer some well editable dishes. I like the Cesar's salad there.

Kiss Food Naklua is closed. Are any other branches still opened?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

Totally false. The food at HH is good for the price. You can't expect a gourmet meal for 100-150 baht. The breakfast for example is excellent value at 109 baht. Eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, tomato, potato, fried bread, toast, orange juice and a massive cup of tea !!

Breakfast 109 ? what a bargain ! it's 69 at Foodland and 89 at so many places.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Henryford said:

Totally false. The food at HH is good for the price. You can't expect a gourmet meal for 100-150 baht. The breakfast for example is excellent value at 109 baht. Eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, tomato, potato, fried bread, toast, orange juice and a massive cup of tea !!

You reply to a complaint about how the Thai Food & a Main Meal was cooked, by comparing it to a Full English?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Ali Baba Express

Delivery Only

https://web.facebook.com/marketplace/item/408022060281157/?_rdc=1&_rdr

Could this be the innovative Indian food concept that so many people have been waiting for? I think possibly so.

Menu changes daily

Good quality real Indian flavor cooking 

More unusual to find regional dishes offered daily (Google is your friend)

Veg and meat options 

All curries include free a choice of basmati  rice or 5 count em 5 tawa rotis and also pickles, etc.

Prices so low it might make your head explode.

From 69 to 99 (mutton) for the curry sets.

Other add ons such as Biryani, vegetable Pillau available. 

Free yes free delivery to Pattaya and Jomtien.

Further locations ask.

So what's the catch I know you're asking?

Well as you might expect at these prices the curry main dishes are on the small side. But to me that's a feature not a bug because that's an invitation to order multiple dishes to enjoy more variety of deliciousness.

One hopefully temporary caveat. This is a very new service and they are still working on their delivery system so it will probably be quite slow until they do get that together. So best if you have a microwave at least for now. 

Order via line or whatsapp. 

Here is the page for their daily menu and contact info so that you can add them to Line or Whatsapp. 

https://web.facebook.com/marketplace/item/408022060281157/?_rdc=1&_rdr

As long as this place keeps going please no more complaints that decent Indian food at low prices isn't available in Pattaya.

Yes it is at Ali Baba Express. 

if only they had better food than any other indian...

and also honest price which do not exist anywhere !

By the way, why pulcinella italian closes at 9pm and does not sell alcohol, is it really ban in Pattaya ?

I have seen people drinking wine at other restaurants, and closing later than 9pm.

Who is wrong, what are the rules now please ?

thanks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well honestly I've only tried Ali Baba Express once and I found it better. For example their Mutton vindaloo was properly meat on the bone and authentically vinegary. Best tasting vindaloo that I've had in Thailand. Also had a wonderful regional daal and the vegerable pillau was very good too. I did ask for extra spicy so not sure if that made a difference  

So 69 baht for a full non red meat curry set including 5 Rotis if you want rotis rather than rice plus free delivery is overpriced to you?!?

You want them to pay you to eat?

Have you tried it yet? If not why would you trash food you haven't even tried?

I ate at the alibaba retsaurant in pattaya, clearly overpriced but not better than any other cheaper place.

is this alibaba express not related to alibaba in central pattaya ?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

I ate at the alibaba retsaurant in pattaya, clearly overpriced but not better than any other cheaper place.

is this alibaba express not related to alibaba in central pattaya ?

I didn't even ask.

I don't think it's very relevant either way.

This express changing daily menu concept deserves to be judged  on its own.

Yes I've tried the Ali Baba restaurant before and had a similar reaction as yours.

But again I think that's irrelevant.

To be clear I'm not saying their food is the best Indian food I've had in my life. Or hiso gourmet level such as at Indian by Nature. But I think it rates as better than the average for the Pattaya market and the value for money is amazing.

I already mentioned what some people are going to criticize, the smaller size curry portions, but as I said I like to order multiple dishes so no problem for me. Well except for having leftover rice and Rotis.

For those that have specific British curry house taste needs I have no idea whether their cooking style will satisfy you.

I think they are doing more Indian Indian evidenced by some of the daily special choices that I reckon most of us haven't even heard of before.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Relevant to those with long memories.

If the complaint was that food was overpriced and pedestrian, and the new venue has an interesting, low cost menu with free delivery, I'm not clear how it is relevant. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hackjam said:

Am looking forward to trying the Ali Baba deal.

I have eaten there a few times over the years, food always decent.

yes for the scam price they sell it, it should be decent at least !!!

how ridiculous it is to even say it.

• Like 1