The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So answer my question............which TEN? At Bht 45 (£1) a throw.

I am sure ANY pizza place will put a few mushrooms or onions on for Bht 45 a go.

At first I thought you were posing the interesting question of which possible  ten toppings could be added to a pizza, but now you have added a non-existent cost to the mix and now I have no idea of what you are asking. 

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NextG said:

At first I thought you were posing the interesting question of which possible  ten toppings could be added to a pizza, but now you have added a non-existent cost to the mix and now I have no idea of what you are asking. 

I do apologise profusely for mis-reading redwood1's post. It is New York Pizza who charges Bht 45 per topping, and Outlaw who charges nowt per extra, sorry.

At least he knows that 10 x 45 = 450.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OH!BOB Korean Food.

If you're craving Korean food, this is the place.

Mainly Korean expats go here.

Not a fancy place but excellent food and all dishes are 100-120 baht ( the BBQ is 350 baht)

If you have a Asian girlfriend,order the chicken feet, they will love you.

Ordered first time on Foodpanda, and now I'm a regular customer.

Never liked chicken feet before I went here,spicy even for Issan ladies.

Screenshot_2023-04-16-14-41-57-889.thumb.png.d0c776abd821b88a0fe6a53395484b9c.png329415832_966193734372003_2650853253135021125_n.jpg.09ae34b2a5e08e45c556f8d135bdb406.jpg338413659_582061853890594_3852467149936751542_n.jpg.742b3b9574d68c7ba71a6e83c3ddfc8f.jpg

Edit. 

Asked the lady if she had chicken feet....

Isn't it hard to walk.

She didn't get the joke...

Edited by PoorSucker
Joke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For you coffee lovers, give Oldies Coffee Roastery a try. They roast a few times a week, sell whole beans or ground, and make super good drinks. It's the best coffee I've found here after years of looking.

They are located on Soi Arunatai not far from Big C Extra on pattaya klang. GPS 12.932243, 100.894182

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I understand that the official position of the Asean Now Association of Pikers had awarded 7-11 with the "Best Coffee in Thailand Award" for the last three years running. 

Well 7-11 beats Starbucks in quality...

3 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Well 7-11 beats Starbucks in quality...

Clearly, as the official position of the Asean Now Association of Pikers had awarded Starbucks with the "Absolute Worst Coffee in Thailand Award" for the last eight years running.

Da Tang Restaurant 

Jomtien Plaza Building 

Corner of Tappraya and Jomtien beach road 

Inner Jomtien 

Possibly (yet to be determined) exciting new find of an authentic regional Chinese restaurant now open for only 11 days.

I will take the liberty of linking to a separate topic about it which gives all the basic info including a PDF of their menu.

One member has reported that he tried it and won't be back but otherwise this is virgin territory and this being Pattaya, who doesn't like virgins?

Anyway it seems to me calling attention to this new place merits mention on the Hit and Run and I hope that people post their "reviews" of this place HERE as they start to try it.

Cheers

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Da Tang Restaurant 

Jomtien Plaza Building 

Corner of Tappraya and Jomtien beach road 

Inner Jomtien 

Possibly (yet to be determined) exciting new find of an authentic regional Chinese restaurant now open for only 11 days.

I hope that people post their "reviews" of this place HERE as they start to try it.

Cheers

Chinese customers feedback is good:

终于吃到地道中国菜,老板热情周到,环境位置超好!I finally ate authentic Chinese food, the owner is warm and thoughtful, and the environment and location are super good!

大蒜肚条水煮鱼好吃 在帕提亚度假都在这里吃晚餐   Garlic tripe boiled fish is delicious. I have dinner here when I am on vacation in Pattaia.

• Thanks 1

Another review from a Chinese customer

为大家推荐一家非常地道的陕西餐厅,一定要尝一尝这里的肉夹馍,酸汤臊子,一口香面,绝对让中国喂有一个非常好的地方。

I would like to recommend a very authentic Shaanxi restaurant for everyone.

You must try the Roujiamo here, the sour soup with dumplings, and a mouthful of fragrant noodles.

It will definitely make China have a very good place.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have heard that a Soul Food (American black culture cuisine) restaurant will be opening about May 1 at the Riviera Jomtien condo Jomtien 2nd road near the condo office. 

Assuming that is true, if anyone has more info about this please post.

• Confused 1

I loved Pattaya Beer Garden. I ate there tonight and after ordering a basic club sandwich was disappointed 25 minutes later when it hadn't arrived. I then noticed all the fantastic meals waiting for delivery to tables, but they were just sitting there with no-one delivering?

20230502_201603.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I had this breakfast in Nicky's (Soi Buakhao) on Friday. It's a full English breakfast priced at 99 baht (before 1pm or 149 baht after 1pm) + 25 baht extra for the piece of black pud. Comes with a mug of coffee. Very good value IMHO.  

IMG_20230505_081852 (002).jpg

For 99 baht, I try to have at least once per week ????

FB_IMG_1683467612123.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sharples Fish and Chips.

Promoted as UK style, I went to their new shop at New Plaza just off 2nd Rd opposite Soi 8.

I visited them when they were in Treetown and wanted to try this upgrade to a place of their own.

Cod and chips with scraps and bread and butter was very good. I fancied a mug of tea but only soft drinks are available. There was more than enough for me and I will be back to try their home made steak pud.

Bill was shy of 400 Baht but I thought it represented value for money.

I would like to see tea and coffee on the menu and maybe a small size food option; I hate leaving good food but it was just too much for me. All the lights on in the shop on the middle of the day seems odd. Leccy bill must be high.

Solid 8 out of 10 for me.

Edited by champers

Quick question about Mex food. 

When I walk by Witherspoon on Buakao, I saw a sign that says "Senor Taco" - is this part of the Witherspoon place or is there a seperate entrance to the place? I should've asked but was in a hurry...

Are the Tacos any good?

Apart from there, where else in/on Buakao can I get good Mex, if at all?

TIA

On 5/18/2023 at 5:39 PM, topt said:

Yes - same place/kitchen as rest of menu including some German dishes.

Ah ok cool, thank you.

Was a bit confusing with the different branding on the signage and all....will try it out.

Edited by Sandboxer

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2023 at 8:08 PM, golfer1111 said:

Good American BBQ at Siam Country Resort - darkside

went there tonight, they had pulled pork, spare ribs and spatchcock chicken - all had a good rub applied, smoked and served with your choice of 3 types of BBQ sauce on the side.

Pulled pork only available as small or large sandwiches, ribs and chicken were by the gram (200, 300, 500?) 

Sides include coleslaw, potato salad, mac & cheese, cowboy beans, a couple of others

The chef is hoping to add brisket soon

We tried all of it and all was really good. Outside seating only so we did takeaway - everything arrived in good shape

https://goo.gl/maps/s4kKjAb45ZE8J7AN7

Do you know if they open everyday ? We will soon live quite nearby.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Another branch of Sharples Fish and Chips is arriving in Jomtien. It is on Theppraya Road just after the right turn that takes you down to Beach Rd. It looks like they have taken over the old Robin Hood pub site.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2023 at 3:19 PM, Jingthing said:

Sadly not those two dishes but many others. Central Pattaya mall, 5th floor.

https://www.boontongkeethailand.com/home/menu-btk/

Thanks for the comment.
Regarding Boon Tong Kee, it is good they are here now. The menu does not offer any of my faves tho:)