The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

Honest Indian appears to be regularly available now on the delivery apps.

But wait. There is a problem.

The menu is all vegetarian. 

I ordered an all veg meal from there and it was great, but I usually want some meat. Their tandoori chicken used to be particularly good. Weirdly even before they only had chicken, no lamb or fish. 

So unless they at least add chicken, on the hunt again for a most regular Indian place. Not sure I'm going to find that. As it stands I'm just mixing it up and not finding a holy grail. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 7:47 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

They both look nice.

Personally, I like Bowmans pies (Steak & Kidney or Mince & Onion). Up here in Buriram, I get them from Nookie. You used to be able to get them @ Friendship, Foodland & a few other places.

Best pies in Patts are bought from the Caddyshack pub...or for a higher price in Friendship.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Caddyshack good for every day pies; NOTHING beats a Tinnies pie IMO.

Used to regularly get those and get a few in the freezer.... not cheap but good, plenty filling with good meat.... sadly on top of the price they added delivery, which was expensive...albeit a long way from   their shop.

17 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Evidence of above.

A Tinnies steak and kidney pie with Harry Ramsden's mushy peas. Plus a dob of Fruity Brown Sauce from The Relish Company.

sf.jpeg

Looks pretty damn good to me. I'll have to try on next time I'm in Pattaya.

• Like 1

Before Covid I used to order various pies and Bacon and sausages etc from Buriram Pie Man. Delivered by bus to the bus station on Sukhumvit. As the bus fare was added to my order I used to wait until my little freezer was nearly empty before ordering to make it feasible.

The main reason for ordering (apart from the fact of the quality) it was the only place I found that did a favorite of mine Boiling Bacon.

My freezer is full right now but when it empty's I will be reordering.

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 2:44 AM, Jingthing said:

Honest Indian appears to be regularly available now on the delivery apps.

But wait. There is a problem.

The menu is all vegetarian. 

I ordered an all veg meal from there and it was great, but I usually want some meat. Their tandoori chicken used to be particularly good. Weirdly even before they only had chicken, no lamb or fish. 

So unless they at least add chicken, on the hunt again for a most regular Indian place. Not sure I'm going to find that. As it stands I'm just mixing it up and not finding a holy grail. 

The Honest Indians food is fantastic and not expensive, but man they are so flaky about keeping the apps open.....I talked to the owner......I asked about the app being closed so much and he told me they were to busy and had no time for the apps...

If we farang think their food rocks.....I bet the Indians must go nuts for their food......So I bet they really are busy......

I have tried about 5-6 other Indian restaurants and my rating is YAWN.....

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

The Honest Indians food is fantastic and not expensive, but man they are so flaky about keeping the apps open.....I talked to the owner......I asked about the app being closed so much and he told me they were to busy and had no time for the apps...

If we farang think their food rocks.....I bet the Indians must go nuts for their food......So I bet they really are busy......

I have tried about 5-6 other Indian restaurants and my rating is YAWN.....

Cool.

That was my guess for the explanation. Being busy!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hackjam said:

I do love the spicy salami pizza from Frankies.

I ordered this spicy salami pizza at Frankies last week..

I was not impressed. The salami was practically carbonized making for an unappetizing pizza, not particularly improved by the pizza crust.

I specifically went to Frankies for a good pizza, after 4 fails from other "Italian" restaurants. Their pizzas are about 50% more expensive than others.

I was reminded why it's been more than 2 years since the last time i had one of their pizzas...

• Thanks 1

Taste in pizzas are very subjective. Frankie's salami pizza uses pecorino cheese which is quite distinctive and unusual on a pizza. Obviously using ingredients like that justifies higher prices but if you don’t like their pizzas you don't like their pizzas. Again I have noticed an improvement in their crust. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Taste in pizzas are very subjective. Frankie's salami pizza uses pecorino cheese which is quite distinctive and unusual on a pizza. Obviously using ingredients like that justifies higher prices but if you don’t like their pizzas you don't like their pizzas. Again I have noticed an improvement in their crust. 

Frankies is also offering thick crust along with the classic. 

• Thanks 1

Ok folks can anyone recommend a Good and Cheap Indian restaurant like the Honest Indian who friggging is closed all the time....I mean their app is closed... 

Not interested in expensive and good, or Cheap and bad......Just cheap and good.........I want to order using a app....Thanks

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Ok folks can anyone recommend a Good and Cheap Indian restaurant like the Honest Indian who friggging is closed all the time....I mean their app is closed... 

Not interested in expensive and good, or Cheap and bad......Just cheap and good.........I want to order using a app....Thanks

Not really but sometimes it depends on the specific dishes that you like.

Perhaps try Indian Touch and Indian Rasoi?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Try Curry Home, its next to Cheap Charlies. Not sure if they are on any of the food Apps, but they deliver free to me in Jomtiem. 

Their chili chicken is good, Chinese like.

All curries I have had  have been good, except the lamb ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Pa Boons (ป้าบุญคาเฟ่)

Little bit outside the city close to the DLT office. 

This is a huge place but we had to wait 15 min for a table. 

Very popular among Thai for family dinner on Sunday. 

Surprised by the quality of the food, it's real genuine Thai food as the tourists never come here. 

They have seating on both sides of the parking, left side is best. 

You need to wait to be seated, you'll get a pager for when your table is ready, enjoy the garden while you wait. 

20220814_155106.thumb.jpg.fc47041dfdeb529c809617489fce7e90.jpg

Excellent Tom Yum Talay, spicy. 20220814_155713.thumb.jpg.4548465e0f6acbc1179f4dc14a42b69c.jpg

Baked mussels with OMG hot sauce. 20220814_154102.thumb.jpg.b8602255f2a9e4af6e6eeb69539d6d4e.jpg

View from our table. 20220814_151807.thumb.jpg.dba52ccdd31c9eb67f31f407d1a40298.jpg

Other tables. 

20220814_151506.thumb.jpg.0be3b92bc3133a594b74b1fbc6d52e33.jpg

Garden. 

20220814_151030.thumb.jpg.4890c6bb2fd548fa09acac62a569446d.jpg

Garden20220814_151228.thumb.jpg.c774ef7d22374470f4f2fa949ee5e759.jpg

Small animals birds etc. 20220814_161322.thumb.jpg.cfa3a6198cf090204c70149758c502da.jpg20220814_161305.thumb.jpg.3244f0bde6854ff12f531e51d46254e1.jpg

Some menu items. 

Screenshot_2022-08-14-18-02-44-754.jpeg.e875cb6bf4591761828843a5fdaefce4.jpeg

Conclusion, very nice day out. 

Bring your wife or TGF here and she'll be happy. 

My TGF has been smiling all day. 

Pa Boons
+66 94 455 5644
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Ca77xhEfnTmbcxnv7

Looks like a great place and the food looks great. I'm not surprised you have to wait for a table.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, McGregor21 said:

Chicken Enchilada's  - Central eatery food - Sorry no pictures as ive eaten them both.

Ok, ive never had Enchiladas before so I doubt these are authentic style, but I thought they were great. Just a hint of spice, shredded chicken,  cheese and a tomato sauce..

While I was at tops central mall yesterday I picked up 2 of these Enchiladas from the Central eatery grill right behind the Tops checkout. I actually thought they we're 55 baht each, but when I took them to the till they were 55 Baht per 100gms. So it was about 300 baht for the two. I prob wouldn't have bought them if I knew the correct price when I ordered,  but I will buy them again. Very good.

If you like mexican food it does not get better than this...

https://www.hotmeals2u.com/

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, McGregor21 said:

Chicken Enchilada's  - Central eatery food - Sorry no pictures as ive eaten them both.

Ok, ive never had Enchiladas before so I doubt these are authentic style, but I thought they were great. Just a hint of spice, shredded chicken,  cheese and a tomato sauce..

While I was at tops central mall yesterday I picked up 2 of these Enchiladas from the Central eatery grill right behind the Tops checkout. I actually thought they we're 55 baht each, but when I took them to the till they were 55 Baht per 100gms. So it was about 300 baht for the two. I prob wouldn't have bought them if I knew the correct price when I ordered,  but I will buy them again. Very good.

Centrals food court is now expensive and lousy after the remodel.....The customers have voted with their feet too...

That place used to almost print money it was so incredibly busy..

A gold mine was traded in for a big yawner food court..

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Centrals food court is now expensive and lousy after the remodel.....The customers have voted with their feet too...

That place used to almost print money it was so incredibly busy..

A gold mine was traded in for a big yawner food court..

Central Festival Beach Rd.?... Me and Mrs went soon after it opened, and she quickly described it as far too expensive. Sort of turned my back on it ever since, and more so since the one in T21 opened. Did it get better for a while or are her and me just cheap?

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Central Festival Beach Rd.?... Me and Mrs went soon after it opened, and she quickly described it as far too expensive. Sort of turned my back on it ever since, and more so since the one in T21 opened. Did it get better for a while or are her and me just cheap?

I go occasionally near the checkouts at Tops. The food and service are both good quality and prices are reasonable IMO  but enough to keep the riff-raff away.