The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

16 hours ago, sungod said:

Everest, soi 10 2nd road is my go to for Indian.

Hey I cut restaurants a lot of slack.....But I think Everest is grade C Indian food food....Heck I would rather just go eat at Burger King...lol

The greasy Nan bread can not be overlooked...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Hey I cut restaurants a lot of slack.....But I think Everest is grade C Indian food food....Heck I would rather just go eat at Burger King...lol

Everest is very popular, where do you recommend for an Indian?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sungod said:

Everest is very popular, where do you recommend for an Indian?

Well I use to always go to Tikka center restaurant on Soi Bukow....Been there loads of times......Then I tried a bunch of Indian places of Grab, but did not really like any of them until I tried the Honest Indian....But the Honest Indian always seems to be closed.....So I guess its back to the Tikka center......

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, redwood1 said:

Well I use to always go to Tikka center restaurant on Soi Bukow....Been there loads of times......Then I tried a bunch of Indian places of Grab, but did not really like any of them until I tried the Honest Indian....But the Honest Indian is always seems to be closed.....So I guess its back to the Tikka center......

Sorry, but the Tikka centre is probably the worst out the lot.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Their plain Naan is not greasy.

5 minutes ago, hackjam said:

Still my favorite Indian in and around Pattaya is Curry Home, next to Cheap Charlies. I mostly get take away's-they deliver free. Décor is poor but for me, the best I have tried, and I reckon I have tried most.

Yes that is a good one.

Today I ordered from Indian Touch for lunch.

The curry was quite good but the Naan would have been good but not freshly baked.

3 hours ago, hackjam said:

I like to have a pie day once a week.

I have tried most places around town, found many to be disgusting, only the following 3 do it for me.

Tinnies in Jomtiem is really good, quality pies available for 150B, I normally get a meat one for takeaway and cook chips etc in my air fryer. 

I had one delivered from RHT, (with the beans) was a really nice meal, steak pie, a tad pricy at 389B, not sure how much it is at the RHT. Pastry was crispy.

The one with the mushy peas is the minced beef from Witherspoons Monday special, 199B. Again, really good and awesome value.

rh pie thumbnail_IMG_8839.jpg

ws pie thumbnail_IMG_8869.jpg

Chips look a little overdone in first pic................second lot look a lot better

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 7:47 AM, Mutt Daeng said:

They both look nice.

Personally, I like Bowmans pies (Steak & Kidney or Mince & Onion). Up here in Buriram, I get them from Nookie. You used to be able to get them @ Friendship, Foodland & a few other places.

+1 for Bowmans pies.

4 hours ago, champers said:

There is a big building going up at the front of that site; no idea if it will be a restaurant. It could house a food court suitable for rainy days like we have had lately.

Yes, saw that, but still unsure what its to be used for.

On 7/23/2022 at 1:34 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Yes, saw that, but still unsure what its to be used for.

Went past this lunchtime and there were a lot of food stalls setting up outside at the front, some with tables and chairs (so restaurants). A big rainstorm was just beginning but I hope it cleared up for them later on.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2022 at 9:47 PM, champers said:

Went past this lunchtime and there were a lot of food stalls setting up outside at the front, some with tables and chairs (so restaurants). A big rainstorm was just beginning but I hope it cleared up for them later on.

If anyone has not noticed....This plane/market is located in a area on 2nd road that gets very little foot traffic.......Are the Terminal 21 shoppers going to be walking down there?......Nope.....You have to have a plan to go there.....Sure the restaurant may do ok but I wonder about the market?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

If anyone has not noticed....This plane/market is located in a area on 2nd road that gets very little foot traffic.......Are the Terminal 21 shoppers going to be walking down there?......Nope.....You have to have a plan to go there.....Sure the restaurant may do ok but I wonder about the market?

The plane will be a big draw. There are plenty of baht busses going North on 2nd Road; easy access to and from Beach Rd too.