The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

14 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Owners a lovely chap, that's why it's well run.

I believe he's trying to sell it now.

I thought it was being run by his son, who used to race motorcycles? This is one of the few places that has survived the test of time and I always though it was because he owned it outright... unlike many businesses that rent the property. 

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

I'd like to give a shout out for "The Sportsmans bar".

Upon a recent visit to Pattaya we tried this after reading reviews online and found it to be great !

Nice atmoshpere, great service, quick and reasonable priced.

Huge portions too ! 

Recommend the fish n chips  ! 

I think they have the best Sunday roast but I'm not an expert on the subject.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Upon a recent visit to Pattaya we tried this after reading reviews online and found it to be great !

Huge portions too ! 

I had fish and chips there last week and the fish was overcooked to the point of being tough.

It was Italian buffet night and BOGOF on cocktails but the place didn't seem especially busy.

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Huge portions too ! 

Yeah, I like the Sportsman when I'm in Pats, I'll have to try the fish..

We have had a few topics recently that were specific to one restaurant, Brunos and The Sportsman IIRC. Anyhow,  I don't eat out that much but had a great steak at Robin Hood... and the Pa Boon's places north of town are good Thai seafood, open air restaurants, and popular with kids as they have playgrounds etc....

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 12:56 PM, CharlieH said:

Huge portions too ! 

Sure the food looks good but I have always thought the Sportsmans prices were on the expensive side...

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Sure the food looks good but I have always thought the Sportsmans prices were on the expensive side...

Compared to where? Cheap Charlie's, Hungry Hippo, or Robin Hood. 

• Thumbs Up 2

My new favotite pizza in Pattaya is Outlaw Pizza.....I use to always order from New York pizza but besides the quality of their pizzas seeming to really go down hill ,Outlaw pizza is just a way better value...

New York Pizza 12 inch...... 270 baht

One topping 45 baht

10 toppings would be 450 baht

Delivery....30 baht

270+450+30=Total ....750 baht

Outlaw pizza 12 inch.......350 baht

10 toppings= Zero baht

Delivery lets say 20 baht maybe less, sometimes free

350+0+20=Total.......370 baht

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 2

Here is a tip on saving good money when ordering food with apps.....

Some times the savings are small like 15-20 baht, but some times the savings are pretty big like 70 baht......And sometimes there are no discounts to be found....But over-all I would say 70% of the time some discounts can be found....

Grab- Line- and Panda have discounts pretty regularly but not always at the same time so when you order you have to check all 3....To check just click where it says discount code or coupon....

If you pay by a Thai debit card your odds of finding a discount go up quite a bit.....I only pay cash so my odds finding a discount drop, but I still do pretty good.....

But like I said before this does not always work but it works often enough....

• Thanks 1

I have not been to the Pattaya branch, but I like the "The Chocolate Factory" okay. Most recently the spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast I thought the was very nice. The steaks, salads, soups and pasta dishes have all been good, and the desserts are great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I have not been to the Pattaya branch, but I like the "The Chocolate Factory" okay. Most recently the spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast I thought the was very nice. The steaks, salads, soups and pasta dishes have all been good, and the desserts are great. 

I tried a chocolate shake at the Phra Tamnak branch, expecting it to be chocolate’y. I was sorely disappointed. The chocolate component was some cocoa powder. Dressed up to look nice, but not at all tasty. 
Perhaps they need to rename it to cocoa shake or to actually put some chocolate into it. 

On 3/31/2023 at 11:16 AM, Jingthing said:

10 toppings on a pizza?
Neopolitans would be horrified.

An agreed standard is actually "not more than 3". The "original" Pizza (Margherita) uses cheese (Mozarella, Tomato Sauce and Basil)

But I would not be too strict, a Quatro Stagioni for sure has more toppings - I guess about 5. But this is then the upper limit to what a Neapolitan (and me) could agree.

BTW, I have found the perfect Pizzeria in the vicinity. Still quite a ride, though, but they offer the real thing - and I mean it ! A long search is over for me. If interested please PM.

On 1/18/2023 at 3:59 AM, golfer1111 said:

Best Peking duck in town?

I think you will be unlucky locally. Even in Bangkok this is quite some task. Many many years ago there was a recommended restaurant near Prom Pong Station in Bangkok, but their standards have deteriorated. I tried then 3 other places - nothing exiting. I read about a just recently opend new restaurant with Peking Duck as speciality. I will visit said premise soon. I love Peking Duck (the version with skin seperate rolled in pancakes, meat cooked to order and a soup).

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, topt said:

Why won't you just post it on here - surely that is the point of the thread........?

Because I am tired of discussing things with people who do not know very much about the subject or have a different conception of what a pizza is. No ketchup, no pineapple. I have been eaten Pizza in many places all over Italy and the Italian Province (Tessin) of Switzerland. And Zurich is a Pizza heaven compared to here.

But I want to share my knowledge with anybody who is really interested. So far nobody did PM me to get the adress. That shows how high the interest is. Som nam na. You are missing something if real Neapolitan Pizza is your thing. All involved in the subject know how many hours we did discuss this here in the Forum. This is now the endpoint of discussion for me and my offer to you. Maybe you recognize that I want to help, not the opposite.

On 3/31/2023 at 9:07 AM, redwood1 said:

My new favotite pizza in Pattaya is Outlaw Pizza.....I use to always order from New York pizza but besides the quality of their pizzas seeming to really go down hill ,Outlaw pizza is just a way better value...

New York Pizza 12 inch...... 270 baht

One topping 45 baht

10 toppings would be 450 baht

Delivery....30 baht

270+450+30=Total ....750 baht

Outlaw pizza 12 inch.......350 baht

10 toppings= Zero baht

Delivery lets say 20 baht maybe less, sometimes free

350+0+20=Total.......370 baht

So which 10 toppings would you choose for Bht 450 ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So which 10 toppings would you choose for Bht 450 ?

Well when I ordered from New York pizza before I only got 1 or 2 toppings to save money...But with Outlaw pizza you can go crazy with 10 toppings....

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Well when I ordered from New York pizza before I only got 1 or 2 toppings to save money...But with Outlaw pizza you can go crazy with 10 toppings....

So answer my question............which TEN? At Bht 45 (£1) a throw.

I am sure ANY pizza place will put a few mushrooms or onions on for Bht 45 a go.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So answer my question............which TEN? At Bht 45 (£1) a throw.

I am sure ANY pizza place will put a few mushrooms or onions on for Bht 45 a go.

Go to their website....How hard is that...

• Confused 1

On 4/6/2023 at 6:57 PM, moogradod said:

An agreed standard is actually "not more than 3". The "original" Pizza (Margherita) uses cheese (Mozarella, Tomato Sauce and Basil)

But I would not be too strict, a Quatro Stagioni for sure has more toppings - I guess about 5. But this is then the upper limit to what a Neapolitan (and me) could agree.

BTW, I have found the perfect Pizzeria in the vicinity. Still quite a ride, though, but they offer the real thing - and I mean it ! A long search is over for me. If interested please PM.

Strange that you would not wish to help

them with some advertising…. or is it a kind of grey business?

The real thing? Isn’t that subjective? I’d be interested to find something of the quality to which I am used. I’m sceptical that you have found something of that standard. 
This is my benchmark: https://www.pizzeriadaattilio.com/menu

• Like 1