The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

4 hours ago, champers said:

I go occasionally near the checkouts at Tops. The food and service are both good quality and prices are reasonable IMO  but enough to keep the riff-raff away.

Do you remember how BIG the old Central food court was?....Many time I could hardly find a seat there.......Now? Most every day there are simply loads of empty seats....

All that riff-raff was making Central Festival a heck of a pretty penny day after day after day......

I refuse to eat there now.....This riff-raff goes and eats at Sizzler now, when food is needed....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Panda has close to 100 baht off any order this month....Your first 2 order can be from any restaurant.....Then they give you a choice of restaurants...If you don't like any of the choices...Hit the back button and wait a few minutes and you will get a new list....

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 1:09 PM, redwood1 said:

Panda has close to 100 baht off any order this month....Your first 2 order can be from any restaurant.....Then they give you a choice of restaurants...If you don't like any of the choices...Hit the back button and wait a few minutes and you will get a new list....

Looks like they are continuing the 88 baht discount at Panda......The 88 baht discount is a pretty big savings......But no one here seems to care... 

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 1

I found another Indian restaurant with reasonable prices and good food....Its called the Indian Palace Restaurant.......More expensive than the Honest Indian but not to crazy....They are on Panda.......Good deal with a discount...

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/1/2022 at 7:25 AM, redwood1 said:

I found another Indian restaurant with reasonable prices and good food....Its called the Indian Palace Restaurant.......More expensive than the Honest Indian but not to crazy....They are on Panda.......Good deal with a discount...

Do you mean this one?

https://goo.gl/maps/hQw7QvYaHfKHPimB9

On 9/25/2022 at 3:57 PM, treetops said:

Correction.  I've now heard Chow Soy will still be a restaurant after renovation, run by a Scots guy.

When I went past yesterday it doesn't look like Chow Soy at all. It looks more like a bar. I can't remember the new name.

Continuing the noodles theme

Lanzhou beef noodle soup

Pattaya Beach road

Tipps Plaza

Wonderful Chinese chain comes to Pattaya

NOT on delivery apps

Hand pulled noodles 

Choose your noodle size

Distinctive gourmet broth

Specially prepared beef

Stir Fried noodles 

Also pork available 

Menu items limited to noodles, noodle soups, vegetable salad sides

English is limited but the menu is understandable 

Attractive prices for the high quality.

Noodle soups 120

Vegetable dishes 150

This covers it well

https://youtu.be/e4bzckiuQL0

About the type of food

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanzhou_beef_noodle_soup

I had the dry and hot noodles with beef  and the green bean salad

Needless to say good authentic Chinese food does it for me so happy to see such places here.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2022 at 11:39 AM, Jingthing said:

"JINGTHING's"

Restaurant 

Pick

of the

Year

Yong He Dou Jiang

New branch of classic Bangkok mostly Taiwanese restaurant now in Pattaya

218/1-5 Sukhumvit Rd, Na Kluea, Bang Lamung, Chon Buri 20150

(A bit north of Pattaya Orphanage)

Thank you for the suggestion but I cannot find the place in Pattaya. The adress is not identifiable in Google Maps, there is no entry for this branch on Tripadvisor yet and I do not have Facebook.

I know where the Orphanage is but in this case this does not help either with the information I have. It might be that on the Facebook page the location is somehow shown.

Could you maybe post information which allows me to try out your Pick of the Year ? Such as a screenshot of the location shown in Facebook for example.

Thanks a lot

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Phone number is +6633001112.

Since you're visiting you may want to also try one of the pastry type dumplings. 

Such as the pork pie or the beef in a pastry open sandwich type thing 

20221116_100428.png

Thank you for the information. We never order food for home delivery but at least they can explain on the phone where exactly we may park our car.

I love dumplings (like the northern fried dumplings - in Japan available under the name "Gyoza"). I have several times prepared some myself. Not sure what you mean by "open sandwich type thing" but I am sure the menu will uncover this mystery.

If you like this kind of food there is as well a very small restaurant in Terminal 21 (Pattaya) on the 3rd floor named "Jiao Zi Guan (Shanghai Dumplings)" with very reasonable prices and gigantic portions of soup (attention: their Szechuan Style soup is really SPICEY). They do specialize in dumplings as well and offer many different varieties.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Thank you for the information. We never order food for home delivery but at least they can explain on the phone where exactly we may park our car.

I love dumplings (like the northern fried dumplings - in Japan available under the name "Gyoza"). I have several times prepared some myself. Not sure what you mean by "open sandwich type thing" but I am sure the menu will uncover this mystery.

If you like this kind of food there is as well a very small restaurant in Terminal 21 (Pattaya) on the 3rd floor named "Jiao Zi Guan (Shanghai Dumplings)" with very reasonable prices and gigantic portions of soup (attention: their Szechuan Style soup is really SPICEY). They do specialize in dumplings as well and offer many different varieties.

Yes I know it well and previously reviewed it on this topic. I like their mapo tofu ordered spicy and their boiled dumplings.

That place is mostly a Sichuan restaurant. This new place is mostly a Taiwanese restaurant. Yes the dumplings with soup inside are Shanghai style.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

Could you maybe post information which allows me to try out your Pick of the Year ?

Google Streetview location showing the old restaurant but there's also an entry for Yong He Dou Jiang showing 13 reviews since it apparently opened in July.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Yong+He+Dou+Jiang/@12.9428508,100.9037739,3a,75y,291.07h,87.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s53LFkrVgzOUns2iTHsLduQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!4m15!1m7!3m6!1s0x310295fd3e319c6f:0x41224f3a7c5b5b28!2sThanon+Pattaya+Klang,+Muang+Pattaya,+Amphoe+Bang+Lamung,+Chang+Wat+Chon+Buri+20150,+Thailand!3b1!8m2!3d12.9329126!4d100.8973609!3m6!1s0x310295f7b80b0bfb:0x7d2c242bd350fb95!8m2!3d12.942832!4d100.9036225!9m1!1b1

image.png.1b0fdfa92fb91a6ba7acef9af2ed8bec.png

Edited by treetops
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2022 at 3:09 AM, moogradod said:
On 11/16/2022 at 3:09 AM, moogradod said:

Thank you for the suggestion but I cannot find the place in Pattaya. The adress is not identifiable in Google Maps, there is no entry for this branch on Tripadvisor yet and I do not have Facebook.

I know where the Orphanage is but in this case this does not help either with the information I have. It might be that on the Facebook page the location is somehow shown.

Could you maybe post information which allows me to try out your Pick of the Year ? Such as a screenshot of the location shown in Facebook for example.

Thanks a lot

https://goo.gl/maps/ccrF46D7AjS4D46s5

Yong He Dou Jiang

218 1 5 Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150

Edited by Espanol
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

https://goo.gl/maps/ccrF46D7AjS4D46s5

Yong He Dou Jiang

218 1 5 Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150

Just passed in front with the car yesterday. The restaurant is on Sukhumvit itself. See also the picture of @treetopsThat is exactly how it looks from the outside. I am hoping the inside looks a bit more refined and the food is good.

I have made the experience that many Chinese restaurants look more than your common bathroom than an exclusive place. But I had excellent Dim Sum in such a place in London with white tiles on the wall ????. And then I remember as well the Chinese cook in a restaurant I sat down to wait for the ferry (I think it was Koh Samui back in 1975) who entered the "dining room". He carried one of these large cleavers and his apron was full of blood. Like in a horror movie. The chicken came chopped (thoroughly chopped, they obviousloy do not care much about bones).

I do not want to say that there are not elegant places, either - like the China House on the premises of the Mandarin Oriental BKK. Well, we will see how it is. One of my other prejudices about Chinese restaurants is their remarkable rudeness - seems to be a necessary feature. Once, there was the "Great Shanghai Western Duck Restaurant" just at the BTS Station of Prom Phong in  BKK - back some decades a secret tip for Peking Duck. THB 750.-- for a whole perfectly golden duck, pancakes etc. and meat served seperately to your liking plus soup. Well, the frowning mood has not changed with the ownership. Unforatunately the duck has.

Edited by moogradod