The Ultimate Pattaya Döner And Gyros Guide

raro

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone posted yet about this new location of Michael Kebab?

http://www.pattayape...IdArticle=33955

Fancy a good tasty and high quality Turkish style lamb shish kebab or a slice of delicious tasting Turkish Pizza; look no further than Michael Kebab Pizzeria. This newly opened Kebab and Pizza eatery is located next door to the Village Chippy in The Village off Third Road (opposite the Fire Station) all courtesy of award winning Turkish restaurateur Michael Kebabs (no joking! – actually it is a nickname Michael has acquired for serving up great tasting

kebabs back in his home town of Adana on the Mediterranean coast in Turkey)

Edited by Jingthing

• 1 month later...

Traditional Greek Gyros is now available in Pattaya!

For those of you who have tried this popular Greek dish can now find it at the two fast food restaurants

recently opened in Soi (postoffice) 13/2. and also in Soi 6.

Called Smart Food and managed by their Greek owners so will get authentic greek Souvlaki and gyros in pitta.

Check out the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/smartfood.pattaya

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I stumbled around Soi LK Metro last night and somewhere on Soi Diamond (I *think* it was) I found a Döner booth that boasted having the best Döner in town. From my vague recollections (yes, it was quite late...) They definitely had lamb only (which we count as a plus), a huge portion (yet another plus) and they had Yoghurt garlic sauce. Yes. NO FRIGGING MAYONNAISE!!

That makes four raros for this place.

I will try to find the place again in due time and report back about its precise location. The time space continuum had some flaws last night....

Well...I stumbled around Soi LK Metro last night and somewhere on Soi Diamond (I *think* it was) I found a Döner booth that boasted having the best Döner in town. From my vague recollections (yes, it was quite late...) They definitely had lamb only (which we count as a plus), a huge portion (yet another plus) and they had Yoghurt garlic sauce. Yes. NO FRIGGING MAYONNAISE!!

I will try to find the place again in due time and report back about its precise location. The time space continuum had some flaws last night....

I stumbled around Soi LK Metro last night and somewhere on Soi Diamond .

is the rest of the review as reliable as your orientation last night, since that seems to have been a bit out of proportion biggrin.png

• Like 2

is the rest of the review as reliable as your orientation last night, since that seems to have been a bit out of proportion biggrin.png

ahh...right. Soi DIANA....oh well.....a Soi after all....whistling.gif

• Like 1

ahh...right. Soi DIANA....oh well.....a Soi after all....whistling.gif

Obviously not using the secret Kebab Gyro function.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Traditional Greek Gyros is now available in Pattaya!

For those of you who have tried this popular Greek dish can now find it at the two fast food restaurants

recently opened in Soi (postoffice) 13/2. and also in Soi 6.

Called Smart Food and managed by their Greek owners so will get authentic greek Souvlaki and gyros in pitta.

Check out the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/smartfood.pattaya

I am looking for the traditional greek gyros sandwich with meat,potato,tomatoes,red onion and yoghurt sauce.

Where can I find one?

images317399_bm5.jpg

bah.gif

1201.jpg

bah.gif

Doner-Lamb-Small.gif

thumbsup.gif

kebab-doner_large.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Where i come from 3 versions of your pictures are available, all sold in restaurants run by Turkish or Greek people.

The first two are called Doner Kebab and are thick bread and is sold in shops run by Turkish nationals, while the fourth picture is called Pita or Shoarma I think depending on the Nationality of the shop owner, but is a thin dough.

The third picture is what you get here, and I assume originates in Arab counties.

Edited by PeterSmiles

images317399_bm5.jpg

bah.gif

1201.jpg

bah.gif

Doner-Lamb-Small.gif

thumbsup.gif

kebab-doner_large.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Where i come from 3 versions of your pictures are available, all sold in restaurants run by Turkish or Greek people.

The first two are called Doner Kebab and are thick bread and is sold in shops run by Turkish nationals, while the fourth picture is called Pita or Shoarma I think depending on the Nationality of the shop owner, but is a thin dough.

The third picture is what you get here, and I assume originates in Arab counties.

The final version is what I know as a kebab Sandwich as served when I lived in Cyprus pre 1974 by both Greek and Turks. Also it is the sandwich that you will get in the UK, the Pitta is heated and it expands forming a pocket, this pocket is then stuffed with all the healthy delights you alcohol sodden brain desires.

And where can I find that kebab/ gyros sandwich in Pattaya ?

When I lived in Athens, Greece for a year , every day for lunch I had a gyros sandwich with meat, tomato, red onion, , potatoes, and the best yoghurt sauce I ever had.

It was delicious and for only 2 Euros ( 80 baht) . I want to experience that again .

Edited by balo

And where can I find that kebab/ gyros sandwich in Pattaya ?

When I lived in Athens, Greece every day for lunch I had a gyros sandwich with meat, tomato, red onion, , potatoes, and the best yoghurt sauce I ever had.

It was delicious and for only 2 Euros ( 80 baht) . I want to experience that again .

I don't think you will find quite that same experience in town. Yes I've had similar food in Athens. Cheers.

I went to Pattaya beach rd soi 13/2 to look for that place that was recommended here , but it's already closed , only the sign with a greek flag is left .

So I really need some recommendations of Greek , not Turkish places.

There are only two Greek places in town:

Pattayanis which has seem really nice Greek food (clearly the best in town) but not the specific item you seek:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pattayanis-greeklicious/175903375851277

Also this place which is more casual street food type fare:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d4275011-Reviews-Acropolis_Souvlaki-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Blue Olive has some Greek-ish dishes but I wouldn't call it a Greek restaurant.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

The famous Kebob lady from Soi 8 is back selling again. She might be the first Kebob seller in Pattaya as she started selling them in the 1980's at the old entrance to immigration. Her last location was up the Soi outside the flipper lodge up until about 5 years ago when she stopped due to poor health. She is old now but in better health than before after a few operations she informed me. I know many people may have a favorite place but this is an Iranian style kebob and back in the 90's there would be a 30 minute Que after she opened until about midnight. The ingredients she uses makes it have a strong flavor and quite different than any other. She used to have a very jealous Iranian husband who would linger in back ground and when someone would talk too much to her he would swoop in to break up the conversation, she was also over 50 at that point too. I am not sure if he is still in the picture but the kebobs are still the same.

He new location is on the corner of Soi Buacaow and soi linkee outside the entrance to family mart. Adjacent to Subway. She said she opens at about 5pm.

post-72597-0-52319500-1414762811_thumb.j

post-72597-0-28286500-1414762874_thumb.j

• Like 2

The famous Kebob lady from Soi 8 is back selling again. She might be the first Kebob seller in Pattaya as she started selling them in the 1980's at the old entrance to immigration. Her last location was up the Soi outside the flipper lodge up until about 5 years ago when she stopped due to poor health. She is old now but in better health than before after a few operations she informed me. I know many people may have a favorite place but this is an Iranian style kebob and back in the 90's there would be a 30 minute Que after she opened until about midnight. The ingredients she uses makes it have a strong flavor and quite different than any other. She used to have a very jealous Iranian husband who would linger in back ground and when someone would talk too much to her he would swoop in to break up the conversation, she was also over 50 at that point too. I am not sure if he is still in the picture but the kebobs are still the same.

He new location is on the corner of Soi Buacaow and soi linkee outside the entrance to family mart. Adjacent to Subway. She said she opens at about 5pm.

Wow, every so often a post appears that makes it worth while getting out of bed, this post is just such one.

I know that lady well, I know soi 8 well, I know the Flipper well.

Off to Pattaya next week, will be sure to look her up, prices in above pic, chicken 60,baht, beef 80, bargain, my mouth is going into seizures as we speak.

Just hope she is training up a future seller, would be a shame if these recipes and knowledge wasnt passed on to future generations.

You have pissed me off right now, I can just taste that.

WOW, what a beautiful pic.

There are only two Greek places in town:

Pattayanis which has seem really nice Greek food (clearly the best in town) but not the specific item you seek:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pattayanis-greeklicious/175903375851277

Also this place which is more casual street food type fare:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d4275011-Reviews-Acropolis_Souvlaki-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Blue Olive has some Greek-ish dishes but I wouldn't call it a Greek restaurant.

I tried the place in your second link last night, Acropolis

I don`t really know anything about Greek food but was happy with what I had,described as a pitta burger, mix of beef and pork in their pitta style bread.

Generous size at 80 baht.

I`ll go back sometime and perhaps try out Pattayanis another time.

Understand that there is, what looks like, a new kebab place on second road at the junction of Soi 8.

It has a barstool type seating with space for a few customers and looks OK but haven't tried it yet. Prices seem reasonable at Bt90 for a beef kebab - not sure about other offerings / prices.

Think the operator is from Kazakhstan or thereabouts.

• 4 weeks later...

This lady has moved again. She is now located on 2nd road across from alcazar in front of the adidas sport shop.

The biggest challenge is finding one thats clean.

Street gyros are tasty if you don't mind being sick the next day,

I had a good experience with the Sharma in the food court at Central Festival.

not the basement food court but the one on the 5th floor on the ocean side.

not the best but it was kind of tasty last time I tried it. Sauces were good.