What's The Weather Doing Now?

Was last Friday our really nice day for a while... ?

Seems like the rain or showers are getting more and more frequent already! w00t.gif

At least no seeming heavy enough to produce any flooding yet.... that I have seen... it just makes it hard to time heading out without getting wet! whistling.gifwink.png

Was last Friday our really nice day for a while... ?

Seems like the rain or showers are getting more and more frequent already! w00t.gif

At least no seeming heavy enough to produce any flooding yet.... that I have seen... it just makes it hard to time heading out without getting wet! whistling.gifwink.png

Rainy season perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
I see today is more windy than the rest of the days, however it's nothing unusual in this season.
Then I saw this shared on FB:
post-165424-0-58148300-1383637985_thumb.

Apparently its going to hit Hua Hin, but Koh Samui is in the marked area as well.

When I opened webcam, I see the waves are quite bigger today (never see big waves at in the calm bay of Crystal Bay): http://www.samuiwebcam.com/crystal_bay_koh_samui.html.

post-165424-0-42169600-1383638168_thumb.

They say it coming on Thrusday/Friday, probably with a lot of rain.

What do you think, do you have more information on this?

Link to the map: http://atlas.pdc.org/atlas/ (maybe someone of you can read it more good)

post-165424-0-58148300-1383637985_thumb.

post-165424-0-42169600-1383638168_thumb.

Edited by depi

The OP is actually referring to TD 30, his stated Typhoon is just West of Yap, miles away, it is unknown if TD 30 will intensify in the South China Sea due to the water temperatures dropping. A TD or Typhoon needs sea temperatures of above 25C to "feed" from.

So Churchill this time of the year it is highly unlikely for any storm to track North, and as has already been mentioned, TD 30 even if it gets past the land mass of Vietnam will be nothing to be concerned about if it should reach the Gulf of Thailand

can't believe the weather either. First November week is normally the worst week in the year weather wise. But it's........absolutely perfect in all aspects. Add that to cheapest prices and a lot of space and tourists, who came here now, actually without a clue about all that, are absolutely winners

• Like 2

I see today is more windy than the rest of the days, however it's nothing unusual in this season.
Then I saw this shared on FB:

Apparently its going to hit Hua Hin, but Koh Samui is in the marked area as well.

When I opened webcam, I see the waves are quite bigger today (never see big waves at in the calm bay of Crystal Bay): http://www.samuiwebcam.com/crystal_bay_koh_samui.html.

They say it coming on Thrusday/Friday, probably with a lot of rain.

What do you think, do you have more information on this?

Link to the map: http://atlas.pdc.org/atlas/ (maybe someone of you can read it more good)

Yeah--I can read it gooder! What you refer to as "the marked area" actually delineates the limits the storm could possibly take (in this case north/south) if it deviates from the present forecasted path...

It's lost all it's bite I say, some showers on Thursday, but the storm is now a tropical depression & no longer a typhoon & by the time it gets here, just normal rain.

Thai Met.

It is expected this storm will make landfall at northern portion of Ho Chi Minh City by evening today and then downgrade to the low pressure cell and move to the upper Gulf of Thailand during 7-8 November, 2013. More rains are likely in the Eats, the lower Central and the South and isolated heavy rain in Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan and Chumphon. The stronger wind wave in the upper Gulf of Thailand wave height 2-3 meters. People in the areas should follow the weather forecast closely.

The weather advisory will next time 4.30 p.m.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/storm_tracking.php

Agree, storm coming

Possibly this one ?

9 provinces told to brace for heavy rains

BANGKOK, 14 November 2013 (NNT) - The Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department has warned residents in the South and East to brace for heavy rains and landslides during the next three days.

The department said a strong depression is expected to cover parts of the East and the upper South during November 15-17. Nine provinces at risk include Chonburi, Rayong, Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat.

The depression is expected to trigger widespread flooding and landslides. Strong winds will also create up to 3 meter high waves in the South and small boats should be kept ashore during this period.

Residents are urged to closely follow weather updates and those affected can contact the DDPM hotline at 1784 around the clock.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-11-14 footer_n.gif

Agree, storm coming

Possibly this one ?

9 provinces told to brace for heavy rains

BANGKOK, 14 November 2013 (NNT) - The Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department has warned residents in the South and East to brace for heavy rains and landslides during the next three days.

The department said a strong depression is expected to cover parts of the East and the upper South during November 15-17. Nine provinces at risk include Chonburi, Rayong, Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat.

The depression is expected to trigger widespread flooding and landslides. Strong winds will also create up to 3 meter high waves in the South and small boats should be kept ashore during this period.

Residents are urged to closely follow weather updates and those affected can contact the DDPM hotline at 1784 around the clock.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-11-14 footer_n.gif

Tad slow there Neilly, already HERE smile.png