What's The Weather Doing Now?

Lots of rain, it's the wind with it that kills me.

It blows your hair off ? biggrin.pngtongue.png

Pretty calm around Maenam this morning, even the sun is trying to come out, roads not too flooded, ( a few inches in spots, late yesterday).....

but we are waiting for the water to flow down from Sticky's area on Soi 5....that could change things!!! whistling.giftongue.png

^ Yeah that was getting confusing facepalm.giftongue.png

Pleased we have another photographer, thanks Mole! I would not want to head down that way!

Sorry for the poor merchants and people living down that way around the Doa Market... not fun...

I rushed to get some washing on the line, now just hope the sun stays long enough to dry it ! whistling.gif

This was down at Maenam beach at the end of Soi 4 yesterday, lots of sediment coming from the river.. but not as rough as some areas... after looking at the web cam!

SAM_0979.JPG

SAM_0980.JPG

• Like 1

Was on aircraft that attempted landing at around 8:50 this morning but had to abort and fly back up again and land at Donsak instead. Totally scary landing, scared the shit out of me. sad.png

Crazy! Glad you landed safely in the end!

Wow!

A real mixed bag of weather today! Wind, rain, sunny, more wind and the surf is really up along the north coast...w00t.gif

All Lomprayah and Lomlaurk boats have been moved to Nathon, and any of their boats coming from Chumpon, KT and KP will be headed to Nathon pier until it clams down... wink.png

IMG_8298.JPG

View looking across to KP... it's probably as bad over there!

IMG_8316.JPG

^ Do not try swimming in the rough waters... waves coming in to fast and furious! wink.png

This was earlier today down near Chinese temple in Maenam ... not so bad!.... then.

IMG_8281.CR2.jpg

• Like 1

Warning
"Cool to Cold Weather, Heavy Rain and Strong Wind-Wave"
No. 9 Time Issued : November 29, 2013 The nearly active high pressure area from China continues covering Thailand until

3 December. Cooler weather by 4-6 °C drops and windy is likely over the North, the Northeast,

the Central and the East. Cold weather, as well as temperature lower than 16 °C, is expected in some areas of Mae Hong Son, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Phayao, Nan, Phrae, Lamphun, Lampang, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanomand Mukdahan. People should take care of their health due to the cooler weather.

The stronger northeast monsoon prevails over the Gulf of Thailand and the South, and the low pressure moves from the lower South China Sea to the lower South of the country and neighboring Malaysia during 2-3 December. Heavy to very heavy rain is forecast Chumphon downward. People should beware of the heavy to very heavy rain. The wind wave in the Gulf is expected 2-4 meters high. All ships should with caution and small boats in the middle Gulf from Chumphon downward keep ashore during 29 November to 3 December.

The advisory will be effect on 29 November 2013 at 10.00 p.m.

(Signed) Worapat Tiewthanom

(Mr. Worapat Tiewthanom)

Director-General, Thai Meteorological Department

Warning

"Cool to Cold Weather, Heavy Rain and Strong Wind-Wave"

No. 9 Time Issued : November 29, 2013 The nearly active high pressure area from China continues covering Thailand until

3 December. Cooler weather by 4-6 °C drops and windy is likely over the North, the Northeast,

the Central and the East. Cold weather, as well as temperature lower than 16 °C, is expected in some areas of Mae Hong Son, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, Phayao, Nan, Phrae, Lamphun, Lampang, Nong Khai, Bueng Kan, Loei, Nong Bua Lam Phu, Udon Thani, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanomand Mukdahan. People should take care of their health due to the cooler weather.

The stronger northeast monsoon prevails over the Gulf of Thailand and the South, and the low pressure moves from the lower South China Sea to the lower South of the country and neighboring Malaysia during 2-3 December. Heavy to very heavy rain is forecast Chumphon downward. People should beware of the heavy to very heavy rain. The wind wave in the Gulf is expected 2-4 meters high. All ships should with caution and small boats in the middle Gulf from Chumphon downward keep ashore during 29 November to 3 December.

The advisory will be effect on 29 November 2013 at 10.00 p.m.

(Signed) Worapat Tiewthanom

(Mr. Worapat Tiewthanom)

Director-General, Thai Meteorological Department

Thanks... Hopefully won't affect flights to/from Samui during that period. I'll be doing a return trip to Penang...

Looking at the web cam, http://www.samuiwebcam.com/crystal_bay_koh_samui.html

it looks pretty bad.... Wind is blowing pretty good around me... and surf sounds loader than late yesterday afternoon! I am not venturing out to go look! wink.png

I think, anyone planning on traveling on ferry or plane, can probably expect delays...

Speed boat tours to outer islands have been cancelled...

Button down the hatches and watch for falling coconuts! whistling.giffacepalm.gif

• Like 1

Thanks... Hopefully won't affect flights to/from Samui during that period. I'll be doing a return trip to Penang...

What is the cost of a return to Penang?

An early booking with Fireflyz gets you a "free" ticket, you only pay taxes & airport fees; ~3,000 baht for a return trip. Only trouble is, the flights are right now so spaced that I end up spending 2 nights in Penang. Beats the train anyhow.

Edited by AngThong

Well don't try it around the Ban Por beach PS>>> this is what is was like this morning !!! Very high tides!

SAM_1027.JPG

SAM_1030.JPG

Along where the one way goes through Nathon. Seas calmer but still high!!! Ferries seemed to be arriving at least...

SAM_1043.JPG

At least no rain, (yet !!!) today.... roads pretty good between Maenam and Nathon, the odd puddle.... and weather calm at Samui Immigration! whistling.gif thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I was a bit bummed when I hiked to Bottle Beach on KPG the other day - virtually everything was boarded up. Only the resort in the middle (BB1?) was open, but I guess it makes sense when the high tides cover pretty much the entire beach. Not much fun sitting at a restaurant with waves lapping against your feet...