What's The Weather Doing Now?

Yep a cool day indeed.... I even had to turn up the heater on the shower! w00t.gif

This was about 3.30 this afternoon, in Maenam.... looking toward Lipa Noi and Nathon direction (perhaps they got it?)

it looked like the skies were about to open up with a down pour.... but fizzled to a light drizzle sad.png

2013-06-12-758.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How much rain on KPG the last 2 months?

Very low, all the dams are empty and government water is rationed

Surat Thani names Ko Pha Ngan as drought disaster zone after 2 months without rain /MCOT

What does that mean? I haven't noticed anything odd going on, but somebody must be affected by this drought. Anything one might need to do to prepare for... what? Surely not shortage of drinking water but tap water maybe?

There's been rain for sure but I guess not enough.

Edited by AngThong

Very low, all the dams are empty and government water is rationed

Samui may be in for the same...took this pic this morning of the reservoir just down the road from me (opposite the court house)

20130704_115545Medium_zpsbb5b7f57.jpg

• Like 1

Bucketing down indeed. I was on Mae Haad, watching it approach - it caught me on my way home but not too bad. Very welcome, hope it keeps pouring down until the morning.

Nope, just a shower.

attachicon.gifImage2.jpg

Alas. If I was god, I'd make it rain plenty at night & let the sun shine all day... Though having an inkling of what perfection does to people, maybe god's doing all right after all...

Edited by AngThong
  • Like 1

It must be raining on KPN now - I cannot see the island from where I am. thumbsup.gif

Or else it has sunk facepalm.gif

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Unreal. Come on - you made that up PS?

Back on topic - I have seen a lot of storms come and go, but that one was quick! From here on Samui it looked like a deluge that would last all night. 10 mins later - nothing! Amazing. Will try and send more rain to you tomorrow,

Well, that was a bit of a storm up here in the NE today.sad.png

Some of the strongest wind gusts that I have seen, and horizontal rain. Roof tiles missing off my house and some of my neighbours. Trees in pools, and blocking roads. Saw a guy on a bike playing Russian Roulette on his bike avoiding flying coconuts! ohmy.png

Power cuts and the usual electrical failures of course. On my own properties I have had to buy two water pumps in three days! crying.gif

Sunday's storm (not as bad as today) blew two windows out of one house on our hill. Ho hum - and the UK is warmer. sad.png

(No - I am not tempted to return! wai.gif )

• Like 1

I only seem to have half power this morning... so some things working some not... main computer won't turn on, laptop OK!

Lights take a while to flicker on. Telly comes on but no sound, because in runs through the stereo system, which won't turn on! bah.gifw00t.gif

Some peoples phones not working, due to no signal..... I did get a call last night from someone in Maenam that the electric had been off for over nine hours!sad.png

Currently drizzling rain in Maenam area, but no wind .... I think it's going to be a long day whistling.gif

It might be an idea to unplug vital electric components to prevent power surges burning things out....

I suspect we might see a few of those happening today! rolleyes.gif

Edited by samuijimmy