What's The Weather Doing Now?

I only seem to have half power this morning... so some things working some not... main computer won't turn on, laptop OK!

Lights take a while to flicker on. Telly comes on but no sound, because in runs through the stereo system, which won't turn on! bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif alt=bah.gif width=19 height=19>w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

Some peoples phones not working, due to no signal..... I did get a call last night from someone in Maenam that the electric had been off for over nine hours!sad.png

Currently drizzling rain in Maenam area, but no wind .... I think it's going to be a long day xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

It might be an idea to unplug vital electric components to prevent power surges burning things out....

I suspect we might see a few of those happening today! rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20

No problem in Banthai power on and hasn't been off for days. Jimmy you need to move to a decent area.

• Like 1

I only seem to have half power this morning... so some things working some not... main computer won't turn on, laptop OK!

Lights take a while to flicker on. Telly comes on but no sound, because in runs through the stereo system, which won't turn on! bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif alt=bah.gif width=19 height=19>w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

Some peoples phones not working, due to no signal..... I did get a call last night from someone in Maenam that the electric had been off for over nine hours!xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

Currently drizzling rain in Maenam area, but no wind .... I think it's going to be a long day xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

It might be an idea to unplug vital electric components to prevent power surges burning things out....

I suspect we might see a few of those happening today! rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20

No problem in Banthai power on and hasn't been off for days. Jimmy you need to move to a decent area.

Well I am closer to Ban Tai, than I used to be... wink.png I could not find any decent houses there, when I was looking... tongue.png (now between Maenam and Lomprayah ferry)....

.... so not too far away! What is interesting is that the cable from the ring road is underground to my house... (and neighbours too) .... hope someone is working on it!

This is the first time I remember having half power on Samui, it used to be a common experience on KP....when I lived there! bah.gifwink.png

Well at least the rain has now stopped! wink.png

Its for sure the worst weather we have experienced in the 4 vacations we have had on samui.

our Boat trips getting cancelled cause of the weather.

No deep sea fishing atm and so on.

Went to the tour seller yesterday and bought a fishingtrip for tomorrow and he showed me some pictures from chaweng lake after yesterdays windy weather.

Trees were laying on the road in quite a few places.

Hopefully noone got hurt by falling trees or ran into them.

And looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow looks like another cancelled trip.

Never been so white after my first 14 days on samui before lol.

Opps in trouble with Mr Rooo now! w00t.gif

Hard to keep the cause and effect separate, with the recent weather!.... especially with yesterdays wind... wink.png

This was Soi 4 Maenam, what's surprising is the power beyond here was OK... several other trees down too... Lots of clean up! whistling.gif

IMG_3863.JPG

This was down near Lomprayah Pier, Maenam beach, early this afternoon, sea much calmer than I imagined it would be, despite the cloud cover, lots of people on the beach, it was very humid and warm down there too...facepalm.gif

IMG_3874.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Lamai

Pouring down for +1 hour now

Power is out around IT complex area from what I can tell

As an extreme newbie to Koh Samui and Thailand in general (I've been in Thailand for 5 days now), how long do these power outages last?

Edited by jamilv

As an extreme newbie to Koh Samui and Thailand in general (I've been in Thailand for 5 days now), how long do these power outages last?

Sorry....but you never can tell...depends on what caused it

Should be all fine again in 5 days tops...

• Like 1

Should be all fine again in 5 days tops...

They're normally a bit quicker than that tongue.png

Lamai

Pouring down for +1 hour now

Power is out around IT complex area from what I can tell

Most power outages are fixed within two hours. Often quicker - sometimes slower.

It all depends on what the problem is, location, and if someone has actually reported the problem.

• Like 1

Is this topic about the weather or power problem's???/

They are entwined.

especially when the wind blows toooo hard! tongue.png as it did last night again on Soi 5 Maenam, so they were in the dark for hours because of downed trees and branches! wink.png

• Like 2

Is this topic about the weather or power problem's???/

They are entwined.

especially when the wind blows toooo hard! tongue.png as it did last night again on Soi 5 Maenam, so they were in the dark for hours because of downed trees and branches! wink.png

Whenever the wind picks up or it start to rain I locate my torch, candles etc. It's a way of life which doesn't seem in any way unusual.

It's amazing that quite a few of us do that - and it seems quite normal.

Anyway - in order to avoid the risk of offending some sensitive posters, back on (main) topic. Watch out for strong winds tonight. 50+ kph gusts according to Windguru

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=30397&sty=m_menu

• Like 1

I think next year we should have a topic "What's the weather and electric doing now!" tongue.pngbiggrin.png

We have sensitive posters? .... Yes, we had better avoid the risk of offending them rolleyes.gif ..... Who are they? whistling.gif

What I can't believe is I had to dig out a quilt and blanket as it's so cool at night this last week or so, ... except for a rare occasion in January here, I don't remember ever using more than a sheetwink.png

So we had better baton down the hatches again this evening... w00t.gif

I think next year we should have a topic "What's the weather and electric doing now!" xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.png alt=tongue.png width=20 height=20>xbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png alt=biggrin.png width=20 height=20>

We have sensitive posters? .... Yes, we had better avoid the risk of offending them rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif alt=rolleyes.gif width=20 height=20> ..... Who are they? xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif width=19 height=18>

What I can't believe is I had to dig out a quilt and blanket as it's so cool at night this last week or so, ... except for a rare occasion in January here, I don't remember ever using more than a sheetwink.png.pagespeed.ce.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

So we had better baton down the hatches again this evening... w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif width=18 height=20>

Temperature on my deck a few days ago was 22 C in the mid afternoon! That was cold! sad.png

Back up to 27 C today thank goodness. Getting warmer thumbsup.gif

It's not only down at Samui the weather is acting strange.

After returning to Denmark i experienced better and hotter weather here, than on our vacation at samui.

31 degress and sunny sky all day long.

That's not our normal summer temperature here biggrin.png

Todays satellite foto.

http://i2-images4.tv2net.dk/s/45/39323845-6f13269c77210cb395c4a8b5540bee60.png

Edited by Virt

After returning to Denmark i experienced better and hotter weather here, than on our vacation at samui.

Todays satellite foto.

Yep. I enjoyed 35 degrees yesterday in holland!!!

• Like 1

Todays satellite foto.

Yep. I enjoyed 35 degrees yesterday in holland!!!

Snap, me too and I to think I thought I had left Samui for a holiday in cooler climes. C'est la vie.

It's still better than pouring rain though!

• Like 1