What's The Weather Doing Now?

• 5 weeks later...

North and east side of Samui, is getting a bashing right now and the last while.... coupled with high tides, many areas are not safe for swimming or even being on the beach! !

How ever some protected beaches on west and south ends of Samui are not quite so bad.... west of Hau Thanon, it was quite pleasant the other day!

Lots of people Kite surfing!

This is Crystal Bay.... live....http://www.samuiwebcam.com/crystal_bay_koh_samui.html

One local said it is supposed to get better after the 26th Dec.... let's hope so! wink.pngwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Where can I get info on the ocean weather between Samui and Don Sak? Reason I ask is we are thinking about cancelling our ( already booked/paid) trip to Suratthani airport via ferry due to wave warnings on Dec 29. I heard it is and will remain pretty bad to dangerous to travel by sea now. My wife gets VERY seasick even in a parked car, and pills make her only vomit more. Finally, there's the baby. So I have some security and health concerns.

Edited by ocejanic

Where can I get info on the ocean weather between Samui and Don Sak? Reason I ask is we are thinking about cancelling our ( already booked/paid) trip to Suratthani airport via ferry due to wave warnings on Dec 29. I heard it is and will remain pretty bad to dangerous to travel by sea now. My wife gets VERY seasick even in a parked car, and pills make her only vomit more. Finally, there's the baby. So I have some security and health concerns.

Windguru at

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=30397

Just remember that the site does NOT refresh automatically, and the weather can change quickly. You can change the language. Unfortunately no English - just American whistling.gif

29th looks OK. Worry when the wind colour is purple or maybe 'high' red wind speeds.

Edited by Tropicalevo

I could be wrong, but I believe that the site that you quoted is a general one and the warnings are covering mostly south of NST

The windguru one is very local. Unfortunately they do not appear to cover Donsak (ferry port) or khanom.

Anyway - it's up to you. See what is happening tomorrow.

• Like 1