What's The Weather Doing Now?

Well as the saying goes, wait ten minutes or go a few kilometers... cos it really varies in different areas.... absolutely none at my place, for a long while, it's getting desperate my garden is not happy! sad.png

Going though Ban Por then over to Nathon, there had been a bit of rain, this morning .... Between Nathon and Lipa Noi, there was a bit of a down pour about 3.30 that lasted about 15 minutes... But had dried up by the time we got to Nathon...

Seems the west side of Samui is getting more than the rest of us!

The problem to give accurate weather reports on the island, (even KP) would mean having people posting conditions, about every two or three kilometers apart!

• Like 1

Damn. Still no wet stuff up here at the pointy end. sad.png

Send it on down Rooo please. wai.gif

Same my place in lower Maenam, not a drop, but I got soaked coming through Chawang today... Yesterday some one phoned me and said it was P'ing down up in the hills of Maenam!

I guess that should help some of the wells, lower down, I know some people with little or no well water...sad.png

Jimmy - I did not want to hijack the Koh Tao thread so I am moving to here.

"Shower with a friend too! xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.pngxbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png

It sure would be nice to see a let up, with this heat.... speaking for Samui, the only place I have seen/heard of rain a number of times recently is around Nathon, Lipa Noi areas... or in hills above Maenam,..."

Love the idea of shower with a friend. Not sure if wifey would agree. whistling.gif

No rain here on the pointy bit of Plae Laem (except a couple of very small showers) since last November. Gardens are like deserts. facepalm.gif

Some people are still planting new plants/lawns/trees and watering twice a day. Not a good sign but they ignore advice from those of us that have lived through a drought or two.

• Like 1

"Shower with a friend too! xtongue.png.pagespeed.ic.JwCxzAWj6x.pngxbiggrin.png.pagespeed.ic.XhpYJIv77v.png

It sure would be nice to see a let up, with this heat.... speaking for Samui, the only place I have seen/heard of rain a number of times recently is around Nathon, Lipa Noi areas... or in hills above Maenam,..."

Love the idea of shower with a friend. Not sure if wifey would agree. whistling.gif

No rain here on the pointy bit of Plae Laem (except a couple of very small showers) since last November. Gardens are like deserts. facepalm.gif

Some people are still planting new plants/lawns/trees and watering twice a day. Not a good sign but they ignore advice from those of us that have lived through a drought or two.

Yeah, that was a bit naughty of me to hi-jack that thread...facepalm.giftongue.png

Yes planting stuff in the garden right now, is not such a good idea.... I know a few people (locals) that have virtually no water, and depend on growing veggies, as part of their living.... they are all withered up.... all that effort for naught! sad.png

I have hooked up a pipe to my washing machine, and at least get some plants watered that way.... I move the pipe around... With fairly clean dish water, I take the bowl and dump on plants looking a bit desperate...wink.png I also got some coconut fiber the other day to help hold the moisture better and worked it in the ground. thumbsup.gif .....Phew all that work ! facepalm.gif

If last year is anything to go by, we should start getting some rain by the end of the month.... them dark clouds we keep seeing are not opening up enough! rolleyes.gif

Send wifey shopping ...... and "call a friend" biggrin.png

I forgot to mention -

normally, I keep the thremometer in the shade. Yesterday at 10 am 36 C. blink.png

I moved the thermometer into the sun on the deck. 48 C.m sick.gif

Now Windguru is more knowledgabe than me. Their web-site shows 29 C.whistling.gif

All I will say is that it feels more like 48 C!!! sad.pngunsure.png

• Like 1

Yeah, that was a bit naughty of me to hi-jack that thread...facepalm.giftongue.png

Yes planting stuff in the garden right now, is not such a good idea.... I know a few people (locals) that have virtually no water, and depend on growing veggies, as part of their living.... they are all withered up.... all that effort for naught! sad.png

I have hooked up a pipe to my washing machine, and at least get some plants watered that way.... I move the pipe around... With fairly clean dish water, I take the bowl and dump on plants looking a bit desperate...wink.png I also got some coconut fiber the other day to help hold the moisture better and worked it in the ground. thumbsup.gif .....Phew all that work ! facepalm.gif

If last year is anything to go by, we should start getting some rain by the end of the month.... them dark clouds we keep seeing are not opening up enough! rolleyes.gif

Send wifey shopping ...... and "call a friend" biggrin.png

I am impressed ;) Amazing how hard you work to save water.

Not everyone out of water yet. smile.png I can see people still cleaning their parking and driveway twice a day with lotsa water. sad.png

Edited by CaptainS
  • Like 1

Not everyone out of water yet. smile.png I can see people still cleaning their parking and driveway twice a day with lotsa water. sad.png

Never had an issue with water when I live in Lamai which is serviced by a well. It's pumped up to a huge header tank late afternoon.

An indication to me that there is not so much water around is that a tanker comes by once a day and sometime twice to fill up and this has been going on for months. Friend who lives down by the Lamai temple says that she has not had well water for a good 6-7 weeks and the so called 'government water' is quite low pressure.

What is the word on the street regarding water reserves Jim?

Never had an issue with water when I live in Lamai which is serviced by a well. It's pumped up to a huge header tank late afternoon.

An indication to me that there is not so much water around is that a tanker comes by once a day and sometime twice to fill up and this has been going on for months. Friend who lives down by the Lamai temple says that she has not had well water for a good 6-7 weeks and the so called 'government water' is quite low pressure.

What is the word on the street regarding water reserves Jim?

That's Neilly's dept... to know how fill the reservoirs are....in his area! (So when he's back!) .... I have not heard a thing... nothing! tongue.png

But looks like another hot day coming! facepalm.gif

Up here on the NE of the island - no rain all year so far. sad.png

I am told by my staff that there is no government water in the area and that the normal wells are running dry from Choengmon to Bangrak.

The development where I live is having to truck in water (for a couple of months now) as the wells that usually supply us are dry.

Even some of the deep wells on the development are struggling to pump up enough water to keep a family going.

5 years ago there were only 4 private deep wells. Now there are at least 15 that I know of. The water table is definitely dropping.

I just have to find a friend that will shower with me. whistling.gif

I ran !!!! ^ tongue.png

Since Neilly is not available, and I happened around the island today, seems it only ever rains lately is every time I go through Nathon! .... Lucky for them!

But the reservoir in the south is not looking good.... very low water level w00t.gifsad.png

IMG_4764.JPG

even these clouds coming over part of Lipa Noi, did not bring much rain....at least where I was....

IMG_4722.JPG

May some rain come anytime soon and cool things down even a little bit !!!! wai2.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

Heavy clouds over NW Samui seen from Phangan, heavy clouds over central Phangan as well. Moving slowly towards us on the NW coast of Phangan... I've had plenty of rain around my house in the last weeks, but a bit more wouldn't do any harm. Everything is a luscious shade of green, grass, bushes and trees growing greener by the day. Another downpour in half an hour I'd guess.

Oh Dear, it sure looked like it was over your way Tropo.. sad.png

I was away most of the day, a good down pour up in them there hills.... When I got home... YES! .... finally some rain here at my house too!.... .... now for a bit more....thumbsup.gif

Poor old Rooo, ....must have lost his hair again! .....whistling.giftongue.pngbiggrin.png

20 odd minutes of good rain here in the hills.

When I passed Lompriah turning in Maenam heading towards Naton it had been raining for 15 mins and there were already puddles 100-150mm deep (4-6 inches in old money) & 30 m long. When I reached the top of Naton hill the rain had stopped and when I reached my lunch venue on the seafront no one believed me!

The only difference between here & Wales at this time of year is that the rain is warmer:)

Edited by evadgib