Non O Visa Multiple Made In Penang?

Hi there,

I heard the Thai Consulate in Penang Malaysia is providing again Non O multiple entry Visas for Thailand

if one is married.

I am married to a Thai citizen since 12 years.

They refused the Visa in 2009 and since I did it in KL

Penang would save me much time.

Can anybody confirm it please? Wrote 3 mails to a hotel and two Indian Agents in Penang already, so far no reply

thanks in advance

Has anybody been in Penang in the past 3 years and got ANY kind of Visa there except a 60 day tourist visa?

See this post in the pinned topic: http://www.thaivisa....-in-the-region/

Thanks Maestro but I checked all 3 threads already before asking a question. I also always use the search function before asking questions.

All 3 threads are about Tourist Visa which I do not need. I need a 1 year Non O multiple ...... got all the paperwork together but dont want drive again to Penang like 2009 and they refuse it there.

Last 3 years all my Non-O visas issued in penang without any problem. Have to apply end of January again for multiple non-o. Frind of me also got non-o multiple non-o from Penang end of November last year w/o any problem

Last 3 years all my Non-O visas issued in penang without any problem. Have to apply end of January again for multiple non-o. Frind of me also got non-o multiple non-o from Penang end of November last year w/o any problem

THANK YOU wdr, finally somebody wai2.gif

have you made the trip to the Embassy/consulate by yourself or let it the indian ppl in Chulia Road do for you? Usually it worked fine...until 2009 but it gives me hope to read your post. thanks a lot

moswai.gif

Just go have a look, its only b1150ow by train and thats from bkk. Gh cheap as 200b.

ok mate, i just understand 50% of what you typed but it is NOT a thing about money and just have a look.

may be you are not so long in Thailand to know how difficult it is to reach a train from PHUKET.... next station is Surathani, 4-5h away,

train to Butterworth are at night 01:26 but the train is NEVER in time...however, I like travel by trains anyway but will do it with motobike

this time i guess....not the first time... Thing is, there is still a lot of rain in south I heard

Only ONE thing is absolutely sure... I will NOT go by a jaba addicted minibus driver who is dreaming he is flying a F-16 ---

Well, if you cant handle the minivans not many options left for you. Im sure you will find the motorcycle ride from Phuket to the border far safer than a few hours in those minivans. whistling.gif

I honestly don't know where people book these vans that they have so many problems. Seems to me the bigger problem is living in Phuket.thumbsup.gif

In the end Penang has burned a bridge to such extent no one bothers. So it appears know one knows. Personally, Ive been insulted there and wont return.

There's always KB, you can continue on your bike there or maybe KL - I mean, so brilliant to take a bike all the way down there scrounging a quick visa based on no evidence they will do the deal for you.

Flippancy aside, if your paperwork includes b400k bank account as opposed to 100k then it might be worth a gamble.

You can always continue on to KL...buses leave from Komtar and B'worth hourly, bbout 330myr

2013 marks my first trip.to East Asia. By end of year I was living out of a bag backpacking the region for next decade. Signed, the guy who hasnt been here that long.

Edited by bangkokburning

Well, if you cant handle the minivans not many options left for you. Im sure you will find the motorcycle ride from Phuket to the border far safer than a few hours in those minivans. whistling.gif

I honestly don't know where people book these vans that they have so many problems. Seems to me the bigger problem is living in Phuket.thumbsup.gif

In the end Penang has burned a bridge to such extent no one bothers. So it appears know one knows. Personally, Ive been insulted there and wont return.

There's always KB, you can continue on your bike there or maybe KL - I mean, so brilliant to take a bike all the way down there scrounging a quick visa based on no evidence they will do the deal for you.

Flippancy aside, if your paperwork includes b400k bank account as opposed to 100k then it might be worth a gamble.

You can always continue on to KL...buses leave from Komtar and B'worth hourly, bbout 330myr

2013 marks my first trip.to East Asia. By end of year I was living out of a bag backpacking the region for next decade. Signed, the guy who hasnt been here that long.

thx bangkockburning,

unfortunately people forget the bad things easy...seems i fall for the same. When you wrote about how they insulted you or you felt insulted, I remembered 2008 when the same was happend to me down there in Penang.

If I have the 400k in my bank i just dont have to go there.

Atm I am just thinking, going to Penang and beeing only 90% sure I get a Non O there with my 100k in account, or just go for an office here, paying 25.000,-Baht and getting my Visa here, no clue how it work but obviously it does.....and what is 25.k for living another year in a great country like LoS, where you get a show on a day by day basis when you see accidents every hour with real people, not just stuntmen, - where the former nice beaches smell like a garbage dump and drunk People providing fireworks even in the morning at 4 o`clock....totally for free

Cant think of something better as living here and paying this small amount for this advantage to our expat brothers in Cambodia or Laos or Malaysia. To be honest, its just Paradise, isnt it.....

Paying 25,000 baht is either a lot of money for something you could do yourself or illegal.

Remember that you sign the application and you are responsible for that the papers submitted are correct. If not, the consequences are for you and jailtime is a real possibility/probability in that case.

Has anybody been in Penang in the past 3 years and got ANY kind of Visa there except a 60 day tourist visa?

See this post in the pinned topic: http://www.thaivisa....-in-the-region/

Thanks Maestro but I checked all 3 threads already before asking a question. I also always use the search function before asking questions.

All 3 threads are about Tourist Visa which I do not need. I need a 1 year Non O multiple ...... got all the paperwork together but dont want drive again to Penang like 2009 and they refuse it there.

These visas from Penang in the past three years from the link I gave you were not for tourist visas, ie they are in answer to your question about "ANY kind of Visa there except a 60 day tourist visa":

2012-02-12 http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5049625

2012-03-25 http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5162801

2011-08-21 http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4639519

2012-05-11 http://www.thaivisa....g/#entry5292466

2012-01-13 http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4975433

2012-04-07 http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__5198768

I live in Penang and a few weeks ago, on behalf of a friend in los, enquired about this very issue with one of the visa agencies in Chulia Street. I was assured that obtaining the visa is possible with no real hassle, provided all the paperwork is in order.

Hope this helps.

I got a single entry 'O' visa there 18 - 20 months ago, based on having a Thai child. I used "Ravi Sharma" agency in Georgetown to do the running around for me.

Only needed Birth Certificate, no bank docs required.

Not sure about multiple though but I only needed a single, as I am now on 1 year extensions.

edit: more like 2 years ago

Edited by Satcommlee