Documents Required When Going To Irish Consulate With Tgf For Visa Application

hi folks, i'm absolutely crap when it comes to paperwork and applications, my TGF applied for a holiday visa to ireland about 4 years ago but was refused, i think the main reson was lack of documentation on my behalf, i'm planning to go to the Irish consulate on the 14th, what i'm trying to do on this topic is get a details list of all the documents and paperwork we should both take along, i will start a list and update as the topic progresses, hopefully by the end i will have a complete list of everything we need, all contributions appreciated, thanks, alan

Proof of relationship (joint bank account is good,coinciding passport stamps,when travelling together,

Joint names on lease)

Show of finances (you can afford the trip and support yourself for the duration)

If staying with relatives (a letter of invitation)

Her means of support in Thailand (ie job,business,farm,bank account.)

Reason to return to Thailand.(family doesn't count)

It is based on a points system the more points the better.

With some proof you are and have been together in a true ralationship should be no problem,

The more info you can supply the better.

If I have missed something no doubt someone can add a bit more.

Hi Curlywatt,

I recently applied for a tourist visa for my Thai wife. We live here in Thailand too, but ill tell you what we submitted. You can apply in BKK or Phuket. They send to KL for you.

• Application form (Have to do it online, print and sign by applicant please visit http://www.inis.gov.ie/)
  • Application letter (see info as attached – including the word that she will not become a burden in the country during her visit)
  • Sponsor letter and copy of passport
  • Sponsor bank statement
  • Application bank statement
  • Employment letter of sponsor
  • Employment letter and pay slip of applicant
  • Marriage Certificate translation from Thai to English (not applicable to you)
  • Hotel confirmation if applicable
  • Fight itinerary (DO NOT ISSUE TICKET UNTIL VISA APPROVED) - you can book a flight and not pay about 200thb at travel agent
  • Application current passport and previous passport
  • Copy of evidence photos for the relationship
  • Travel insurance (Make sure you can refund the money back if visa not approve)
  • 2 photographs passport size you can get info from our consulate.
  • applicant ID card and House registration.

If your parents invite her to visit please also provide us the letter from them and copy of their passport and utilities bill to proof their address in Ireland .

Also if you live here, supply your work permit etc too ....

I have attached more information too.................hope it helps......our aplication was approved in 2 weeks but the fact we were married played a huge part in that.

Forgot 1.

A letter from you,stating where you met,how long you have been together,embellish a bit but not to much,

Basically its an introduction,

Make 2 separate piles of paperwork relevant to his and hers.

Presentation

Don't rush it make sure your happy with everything.

ok cant figure out how to attach a file

Click on the reply box below, this will bring up a button under the bottom right corner "More Reply Options."

Click on this and you will get the full reply box, and on the bottom left of that you will see the option to attach files; click "Choose files" and off you go.