Weapons Found Dumped In Kanchanaburi

webfact

Sack of weapons found dumped in Kanchanaburi

THE NATION

30197250-01_big.jpg

KANCHANABURI: -- Two dozen shotguns thought to belong to state agencies were found dumped in Kanchanaburi's Tha Maka district yesterday, police said.

A sack containing 24 shotguns, 20 batteries, two boxes of ammunition and four smoke bombs was left near Prathandongrakwitthayakan School, some 200 metres from a police outpost in the district.

The abandoned weapons may have been stolen during the anti-government protests of 2010, said Kanchanaburi provincial police commander Kamonsanti Klanbusya.

Those who took the weapons may have had no idea of how and where to return them to the authorities, so they left them near a police outpost to avoid legal action, he added.

In November last year, Kanchanaburi police found a number of war weapons apparently dumped on the roadside, and suspected they had been stolen from a military unit during 2010's anti-government protests.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-01-04

guns do have serial numbers, so can be traced to the owner. No point of speculating, just check records

No all guns do not have serial numbers. I once inspected a 12 bore shotgun Government issue to one of the local pooyai types who has an armoury in his shop. He has at least 6 12 bores that are issued to local militia types when they man check points particularly looking for thieves or what have you coming across the nearby border with Cambodia. You can also borrow one and three rounds to announce the death of a local.

The gun I looked at did not have any serial numbers, in fact it did not even have the name of the manufacturer on it, although I dare say an expert could tell.

"may have been stolen during the anti-government protests of 2010"

Probably some thugs making use of the situation, surely no relation at all with the peaceful protesters. wink.png

Whats the cop pointing in the OP picture? A soi dog must have dropped a bomb on the sidewalk.

No No, the crossing guard is telling the Nations reporter "See this is where me and my mates fell asleep and that is when our guns went missing, they must be here somewhere".

guns do have serial numbers, so can be traced to the owner. No point of speculating, just check records

Serial numbers can be easily removed, and usually are with stolen weapons to make it more difficult to trace the source.