Price Of Return Flights From Bangkok To London - Anyone Made This Trip Recently?

mattk1

Hi there,

I wouldn't normally post a question regarding this but after several days of getting prices above £1300, I thought I'd see what other people are paying.

The flight will be me, my wife and our 6 month old son and I was told by more than one person I could get tickets for around £1100.

Now I don't mind paying the £1300 I keep finding but I'm curious as to how some people are able to find cheaper flights?

Anyway not sure if this will get any replies but it can't hurt to try.. :-)

Cheers

I don't know, when you wanna fly. But it looks like, you are only looking for non stop flights!

Check Malaysia Airline, via KL, and you go with about 42000 baht.

Some hour longer , but 1/3 cheaper. Doesn't sound bad to me

Quick checked on Emirates: <£1000, too

Edited by noob7

Hi guys,

Wow quick replies, thank you!

Ok yes sorry i should of said, I want to fly 25th March and return one month later , April 25th.

The prices I am finding are not even driect flights, in fact the outbaound one has a 13 hour connection in Mumbai :-(

Hi guys,

Wow quick replies, thank you!

Ok yes sorry i should of said, I want to fly 25th March and return one month later , April 25th.

The prices I am finding are not even driect flights, in fact the outbaound one has a 13 hour connection in Mumbai :-(

Emirates, 97065, all pax

Malaysia, 89760 all pax

Eh, your £1300 is that eventually the price for all 3?

Edited by noob7

There's a big list of search engines in the beginning of this thread:

It's worth using a few to see what you can get. Just remember, not every search engine covers every airline.

Also, prices go up if your trip is more than 30 days. You might mess around with the dates and see what happens. I've been looking for a May return trip to London and have gotten prices around 30k pp, for a 3 week trip. Extended it to 2 months and the price went up dramatically.

Hi Noob,

Yeah that price is all three of us included. You reckon that's ok?

It's about 30k, each adult.

I would call that ok!

I would call that very OK, I thought the OP was looking at GBP1,300 per person, not for the entire family!!

Hi Noob,

Yeah that price is all three of us included. You reckon that's ok?

It's about 30k, each adult.

I would call that ok!

I would call that very OK, I thought the OP was looking at GBP1,300 per person, not for the entire family!!

So did I! Till I saw the 13h transit time in Mumbai.

btw: Check, if there is a transit hotel in Mumbai, nearby. May help, to kill the 13 hours a bit.

At this price, I do not expect the Airline, to pay for. But check that, too.

Emirates is paying, for 'not too cheap bookings' and more than 8 hours (I think, it was 8h, but can be 6h, too), in the transit hotel inside Dubai airport.

But you have to deal with the national office, you got the ticket from.

And to book in advance, anyway.

Edited by noob7

Check vayama for great deals. I use it all the time. BKK to London r/t was 880.00 Feb to march, just today.

Sent from my A200 using Thaivisa Connect App

You call 880 a great deal? That's the average price, I'm looking at, always.

Or do you calculate in Euro? Then it is not so bad, but a great deal?

You are very open-minded, methinks

Edited by noob7

Jet Airways currently claim (their 'Best Fares' section on their home-page) to be offering BKK-LHR-BKK return, up to 30th June from B27,070, if booked by 15th January.

Of course there's that magic word "from" in there, and some connections are p*ss-poor. But their outward evening-flight via BOM & return from LHR-T4 evening-departure via DEL is good, if its available.

• 1 month later...

Just got two tickets BKK-DEL-LHR-DEL-BKK , out mid-July & rtn early-August, for B52,780, or B26.4k each, in the Valentines-Sale (ends tomorrow). thumbsup.gif

Not bad for high-summer I thought, although the 08.40 departure is a pain, too early for any connecting-flight down from CNX. sad.png

Got Qatar to LHR (return via MXP Milan) from Bangkok for 30615per person. ADDED - dates from 30 April to 15 May.

Malaysia are having a sale at the moment.

Use itasoftware to get a good price, then check the airlines direct.

Edited by beano2274

I'm leaving on Tuesday for London with Malaysia Airlines via KL, THB 33,000 return, all inclusive, one month ticket, 50 quid to change the return date if needed..

is there not a long layover in KL with this?

one hour fifteen minutes.

I'm leaving on Tuesday for London with Malaysia Airlines via KL, THB 33,000 return, all inclusive, one month ticket, 50 quid to change the return date if needed..

is there not a long layover in KL with this?

one hour fifteen minutes.

I saw there booth at Queen Sirikhits last weekend and thought about it, but the problem is that they do not fly to Milan, which is one of my destinations, this is why I booked Qatar for 30615.

I don't know, when you wanna fly. But it looks like, you are only looking for non stop flights!

Have looked at this, yes its there, but first there's the flight to KL, then there

is the stop over time to connect. All in all not so good.

Have looked at this, yes its there, but first there's the flight to KL, then there

is the stop over time to connect. All in all not so good.

Not so, my Malaysia Airlines flight on Tuesday is ex BKK with only one hour fifteen stopover in KL, price THB. 32K.