Change Of Address Report Fulfill 90-Day Report?

Just realized today that it's been 90 days since I returned to Thailand (Oct. 7) and need to report -- I have an extension based on retirement, obtained in August 2012.

I bought a motorcycle late November and needed a certificate of residence, which I got Nov. 22 from Jomtien Immigration. It was then I reported a new address, handing over usual proof such as lease contract copy, passport pages etc.

Would the above fulfill the conditions for a 90-day report? IOW, am I OK till February. Or am I missing something vital?

Hope I'm OK because on Friday I just handed my passport to my embassy for renewal and it won't be back in my hands till end of January.

If you didn't turn in a completed TM47 and get the receipt from it the answer is no.

You need to go to immigration on Monday and make the report if you have copies of your passport photo page and all relevant pages plus receipt from embassy showing you applied for a new passport they may let you make the report.

I think you may be within the 7 days late window so you will not need to pay the 2000 baht fine.

Edited by ubonjoe

They let you do 90 day reports by post without your passport so it would make sense that they would let you do it in person with the receipt without your passport. Make sense = immigration, an oxymoron! But it's worth a try.

• Like 1

You should of made the report before getting new passport. You can do reports 15 days early.

True, but it was always my habit to leave the kingdom on short trips every 2-3 months. I haven't had to do a 90-day report since 2010. Lesson learned.

They let you do 90 day reports by post without your passport so it would make sense that they would let you do it in person with the receipt without your passport. Make sense = immigration, an oxymoron! But it's worth a try.

Update:

Makes sense, but not to Thai immigration. I visited twice on different days, talking to the Thai officer behind the info desk and the farang counsellor. In no way, shape or form would they process my 90-day report without the passport, which you don't need if you do the mail-in method, even though I had all the necessary up-to-date photocopies and forms.

Query: Does reporting late give you a red stamp or something equivalent in your passport? Anyone?