Retirement Visa

Hello )

my retirement visa valid until 26 0f july 2013

and i will go to Europe 20 june 2013

and i will come back Thailand 20 of july 2013 again

so i will have more 6 days time to renew my retirement visa

when i am back to airport 20 june 2013

they will stamp me one month normal entry only is it ?

Thank

They would stamp you in based upon your re-entry permit which would be until July 26th.

You could possibly get your new extension and new re-entry permit before you leave for your trip if you already have your ticket for the trip.

If you are an extension of stay that is valid until 26 July 2013 and have a Re-entry permit, when you enter on 20 July, they will only give you permission to stay until 26 July, not 30 days. You will have to apply for a new 1 year extension on or before 26 July.

If you are an extension of stay that is valid until 26 July 2013 and have a Re-entry permit, when you enter on 20 July, they will only give you permission to stay until 26 July, not 30 days. You will have to apply for a new 1 year extension on or before 26 July.

i can fly away simply 20 of june 2013 to europe without asking a abroad stamp from immigration ; so than if i do that my retired visa is died anyway.. never mind it will expired anyway ;

i can come back Thailand as normal tourist 20 of july and apply for new retirement visa again.

If you let your retirement extension die and start over with a tourist visa - then it is an extra trip to immigrations because you must first show all your documentation as being qualified for the retirement extension and have your tourist visa converted to an "O" visa - which will be good for 90 days - then you will need to come back after 60 days and show the same documentation again to have the "0" visa extended for one year based on retirement. I did this the first time and since I was using a pension income, had to get a letter from my embassy which costs me THB 1500 and then after the 60 days with the new "O" visa - I had to show yet another letter because they would not allow the same letter to be used. So, it is possible but, in my opinion, more of a headache to start over - I would advise getting a reentry permit and then you have 6 days to extend your original extension without having to make two journeys. As a second option, you could get a single entry "O" visa in Europe and that would give you 60 days entry and then apply for an extension after the first 30 days. That would mean only one trip to immigrations and only one batch of supporting documents.

If you let your retirement extension die and start over with a tourist visa - then it is an extra trip to immigrations because you must first show all your documentation as being qualified for the retirement extension and have your tourist visa converted to an "O" visa - which will be good for 90 days - then you will need to come back after 60 days and show the same documentation again to have the "0" visa extended for one year based on retirement. I did this the first time and since I was using a pension income, had to get a letter from my embassy which costs me THB 1500 and then after the 60 days with the new "O" visa - I had to show yet another letter because they would not allow the same letter to be used. So, it is possible but, in my opinion, more of a headache to start over - I would advise getting a reentry permit and then you have 6 days to extend your original extension without having to make two journeys. As a second option, you could get a single entry "O" visa in Europe and that would give you 60 days entry and then apply for an extension after the first 30 days. That would mean only one trip to immigrations and only one batch of supporting documents.

i come back and enter thailand 30 day normal entry in airport i meant. would not come with tourist visa

thank alot anyway

It would be easier if you came back with a Non Imm O Visa.

But possible with a Tourist Visa.

Surely the best way is, to go to immigration before leaving Thailand get a re-entry visa, telling them when he will be back and renewing the retirement extension when he returns, he will still have 6 days, retirement much easier to do than marriage extension.

i come back and enter thailand 30 day normal entry in airport i meant. would not come with tourist visa

thank alot anyway

You seem to be making it more difficult for yourself by your choices.

It is much more inconvenient to convert starting with no visa at all (visa waiver entry) to a retirement extension of a non-O visa obtained in Thailand (lots of steps, lots of immigration visits, lots of chances to get tripped up by unforseen circumstances) than for you just to buy a re-entry permit and do the simple extension of your existing visa in the six days after you return.

Edited by partington

If you leave on the 20th of June without having a re-entry permit, your extension to stay will cease the day that you leave.

As LB suggested it would be best if you obtained a Non-O visa in Europe before you return. You can usually apply by mail, but do not know about your country. Only a Non-O visa can be extended.

However, if you arrive with no visa and are granted a 30 day visa exempt entry, it can be converted to a Non-O and then that Non-O extended for retirement purposes. You must have at least 15 days left on your visa exempt entry and the cost will be 2000 baht. They will issue you a Non-O visa and grant you 90 days permission to stay. During the last 30 days of that permission to stay you would go to the immigrration office responsible for the area wgere you live and apply for a 1 year extension for retirement purposes, 1900 baht. As you see this is a two step process and will require that you visit immigration 2 times. Some offices will not do the initial conversion and will send you to Bangkok. Jomtien, Chaing Mai and Bangkok will. If you arrive with a Non-O visa, you only have to do the extension, not the conversion.

Another problem that you might have with your plan is that you most likely will have to purchase a ticket exiting Thailand during the 30 days of your visa exempt entry. The problem is that some airlines will not let you board your flight to Thailand without a visa OR and out bound ticket within 30 days of you arrival.

If you purchase a re-entry permit and return on th 20th which is a Saturday, you will have 4 working days, the 22 nd is a holiday, to get everything together and apply for your extension and it will actually be the cheapest method. I would suggeat that you do this.

Edited by wayned
  • Like 1

If you leave on the 20th of June without having a re-entry permit, your extension to stay will cease the day that you leave.

As LB suggested it would be best if you obtained a Non-O visa in Europe before you return. You can usually apply by mail, but do not know about your country. Only a Non-O visa can be extended.

However, if you arrive with no visa and are granted a 30 day visa exempt entry, it can be converted to a Non-O and then that Non-O extended for retirement purposes. You must have at least 15 days left on your visa exempt entry and the cost will be 2000 baht. They will issue you a Non-O visa and grant you 90 days permission to stay. During the last 30 days of that permission to stay you would go to the immigrration office responsible for the area wgere you live and apply for a 1 year extension for retirement purposes, 1900 baht. As you see this is a two step process and will require that you visit immigration 2 times. Some offices will not do the initial conversion and will send you to Bangkok. Jomtien, Chaing Mai and Bangkok will. If you arrive with a Non-O visa, you only have to do the extension, not the conversion.

Another problem that you might have with your plan is that you most likely will have to purchase a ticket exiting Thailand during the 30 days of your visa exempt entry. The problem is that some airlines will not let you board your flight to Thailand without a visa OR and out bound ticket within 30 days of you arrival.

If you purchase a re-entry permit and return on th 20th which is a Saturday, you will have 4 working days, the 22 nd is a holiday, to get everything together and apply for your extension and it will actually be the cheapest method. I would suggeat that you do this.

i will buy a re-entry permit before i live thailand and i do the simple extension of my existing visa in the six days when i am back ) thanks alot for all )

As said visit immigration and see if they will do early (Jomtien normally allows 60 days and others may allow if you have reasons such as departure ticket). If they will not you then buy the re-entry permit and use that for return and have 6 days to do the extension (only need to get financial paperwork for retirement so should be time).